The Dragon's Dane

fuelledbypassion

Complete Legend
Reaction score
This is a little different to the stories that I usually attempt, but I thought I'd try my hand at a short fm story that utilises skills other than writing. I'm planning to have my managerial career followed and transcribed by the national media, allowing me to try my hand at some basic graphic design. Obviously it takes a little longer to create, but I plan to post a weekly update of my progress. The other major twist is the game, Championship Manager 99/00, my favourite ever football management simulation. So here it goes, please follow, comment etc, tell me what you want more and less of, and just reminisce...

22nd July 1999

View attachment 275238

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting twist. Like it. Be following this with interest.

Cheers mate. Did you play the 99/00 version?

I didn't no. First CM i played was 02/03 and lost many a nights worth of sleep to it. Absolutely loved it (least I think it was 02/03. May have been 01/02. Was one of them though)

I didn't no. First CM i played was 02/03 and lost many a nights worth of sleep to it. Absolutely loved it (least I think it was 02/03. May have been 01/02. Was one of them though)

The simplicity of the early versions was brilliant. It made management easy but I found it very enjoyable when I was younger. I've struggled to settle into a game on fm12 for the first time in years, so went back to it.

May as well put the next one up now -
25th July 1999

View attachment 275308

Ooh, following with intrest, 99-00 is still ranked as one of my favourites. Richie Partridge FTW. Good luck mate :)

Ooh, following with intrest, 99-00 is still ranked as one of my favourites. Richie Partridge FTW. Good luck mate :)

Thanks mate. Hmmm, Partridge was a real pain in the ****, he always scored against me when I played as United :mad: I'm going on holiday for two weeks but I'm hoping to get update four completed before I go. Here's the third:-

2nd August 1999

View attachment 275574

99/00 - Best ever! Kim Kallstrom, Juninho (Boro one) Claudio Cannigia, Joe Cole and Javi Saviola - Hero's of the game.

Anyway, I will be checking in on this with interest.

Side note - I don't think the € came into play until 2002/2003?

Side note - I don't think the € came into play until 2002/2003?

Yeah I realised this but decided to use the euro anyway. Not sure many around here would know the values if I put it in Portuguese Escudos tbh!

I love this: Del Piero to Barcelona, and Vieri unhappy at Inter. Good memories :)