The Dubstep Thread

YouTube - Subscape - Nothings Wrong (HQ) DUBSTEP
YouTube - Subscape - Just Because
Watch out for Subscapes new EP later in the month, IMO the best thing about Dubstep atm.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
YouTube - Katy B - Katy On A Mission - Official Music Video
YouTube - Sukh Knight - Diesel Not Petrol (HQ)
YouTube - Freestylers - Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)
YouTube - Flux Pavilion - I Can't Stop
YouTube - Underworld - Always Loved A Film (Breakage's Lazer Fingers Remix)
YouTube - TIGA - Gentle Giant [Martyn's Heaven Remix]
YouTube - Drop Top - Machete (High Rankin Remix)
YouTube - Digital Mystikz - Anti-War Dub
YouTube - Benga - 26 Basslines
YouTube - Emalkay - When I Look At You
YouTube - Deep Focus - Heavy Metal (TGunn Remix)
YouTube - Slum Dogz - For All Time
YouTube - Slum Dogz - In The Hood
YouTube - Doctor P - Sweet Shop
This isn't even scratching the surface of course because like many genres Dubstep has hundreds of thousands of quality songs, but for people who don't know what Dubstep is or have never listened to it this covers the range of sounds mostly heard in modern day Dubstep.
Dubstep started out in Croydon, London and is closely linked to Garage and Dub. Some examples of "Root Tunes":
YouTube - Benga & Walsh - Addicts
YouTube - mala - miracles
YouTube - Coki - Mood Dub
YouTube - Loefah - The Goat Stare
YouTube - Digital Mystikz - Stuck
YouTube - Skream - Blipstream

It's easy to judge a genre on youtube videos, but dubstep is a genre that uses a lot of bassy sounds and a huge part of it involves bass. You can't capture the true vibe or feeling of a dubstep tune from a youtube video because the quality of sound isn't high enough. This is a rough idea of what Dubstep is like though.

Last edited:
Went to see FuntCase, The Others and Kromestar a while ago. Now that was one **** of a party.

YouTube - FuntCase - 50 Caliber [HQ]

YouTube - Breakage Ft. David Rodigan & Newham Generals - Hard (Caspa & The Others 'the Police Takeover Remix')

YouTube - Kromestar - Kalawanji

Here's a vid of the night itself. Was absolutely massive. Small venues plus killer DJ's go very well together.

YouTube - Give It Dub 2010 Doornroosje Nijmegen : Funtcase Pt 3/3
You know mate, Funtcase ******* smashes it. Going to see Datsik next month at Bedlam, he is next on my MUST SEE list along with Ganja White Night, Excision and BURIAL!!!!

I used to be into all that heavy wobbly stuff, which is aceee when your off your nut at a rave or whatever. But recently I've got so into Burial and GWN, as the more chilled stuff really gets to me now.

If you do like your dubstep please take a minute to appreciate some of Burials stuff it really is out of this world. I know some will argue dubstep is all about fat basslines with the WUB WUB WUB sounds, but this stuff really is a masterpiece. Burial not only transcends all musical genres, he transcends human comprehension. that is why people are so confused. Burial has taken the entire universe with everything in it and crammed it into the few vibrational frequencies that us lowly humans are capable of sensing. We are not evolved enough to comprehend the awesomeness that has been bestowed upon us. This music holds all the answers, unravels every mystery, and represents the very fabric that holds the universe together..... Peace out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKs0fL2PwWk"]YouTube - Burial - Fostercare[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlEkvbRmfrA&feature=related"]YouTube - Burial - Archangel[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEBEVC0HUc&feature=related"]YouTube - Burial - Endorphin[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MigURCQQA0&feature=related"]YouTube - Burial - Ghost Hardware[/ame]

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

I have torrents if you're interested.

Last edited:
I used to like dubstep, like 3-4-5 years ago. But all the ******* mainstream retards came in and ruined it.

Dubstep just got really big in Dublin out of nowhere and now their is alot of Dubstep only nights in clubs, Personally I havent listened to it at all but the song posted above me ^^^ I listened to before I love, Can see Dubstep growing on me

**** i wanna move to dublin then :)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

YouTube - Subscape - Nothings Wrong (HQ) DUBSTEP
YouTube - Subscape - Just Because
Watch out for Subscapes new EP later in the month, IMO the best thing about Dubstep atm.
YouTube - Katy B - Katy On A Mission - Official Music Video
YouTube - Sukh Knight - Diesel Not Petrol (HQ)
YouTube - Freestylers - Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)
YouTube - Flux Pavilion - I Can't Stop
YouTube - Underworld - Always Loved A Film (Breakage's Lazer Fingers Remix)
YouTube - TIGA - Gentle Giant [Martyn's Heaven Remix]
YouTube - Drop Top - Machete (High Rankin Remix)
YouTube - Digital Mystikz - Anti-War Dub
YouTube - Benga - 26 Basslines
YouTube - Emalkay - When I Look At You
YouTube - Deep Focus - Heavy Metal (TGunn Remix)
YouTube - Slum Dogz - For All Time
YouTube - Slum Dogz - In The Hood
YouTube - Doctor P - Sweet Shop
This isn't even scratching the surface of course because like many genres Dubstep has hundreds of thousands of quality songs, but for people who don't know what Dubstep is or have never listened to it this covers the range of sounds mostly heard in modern day Dubstep.
Dubstep started out in Croydon, London and is closely linked to Garage and Dub. Some examples of "Root Tunes":
YouTube - Benga & Walsh - Addicts
YouTube - mala - miracles
YouTube - Coki - Mood Dub
YouTube - Loefah - The Goat Stare
YouTube - Digital Mystikz - Stuck
YouTube - Skream - Blipstream

It's easy to judge a genre on youtube videos, but dubstep is a genre that uses a lot of bassy sounds and a huge part of it involves bass. You can't capture the true vibe or feeling of a dubstep tune from a youtube video because the quality of sound isn't high enough. This is a rough idea of what Dubstep is like though.

you've put some good tunes there. these are the kinda tunes i like as well.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

one of my fav tunes :)

YouTube - Excision & Datsik - Deviance

This is not real music. Be out of fashion in a few months.