Tomza2

Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm going to make a story of my way to the WC 2010 and the WC 2010 itself. As you all know Holland is already Qualified, but I want to win the World Cup with Holland, for the first team in Dutch history. So I'm going to start with my first Match.

Holland-England (Friendly)

Just two week after the arrival of new coach Tom van Zanten the Netherlands had to play against England. The Dutch crowd aren’t happy with there new coach van Zanten. Nobody understands why there old coach, Bert van Marwijk, had to leave. But, as always, the Dutch will cheer there boys to victory.

The Selection:

Keepers: Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax Amsterdam), Sander Boschker (Fc Twente) and Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse Arnhem)

Defenders: Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax Amsterdam), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijssen (Hamburger SV), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord Rotterdam), Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), André Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Edson Braafheid (Celtic) and Ronnie Stam (Fc Twente)

Midfielders: Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Mark van Bommel (Bayern München), Stijn Schaars (AZ Alkmaar), Orlando Engelaar (PSV Eindhoven), Arjen Robben (Bayern München), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid), Eljero Elia (Hamburger SV), Ibrahim Affelay (PSV Eindhoven), Ryan Babel (Liverpool FC) and Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan)

Forwards: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (AC Milan), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool FC) and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Hull City)

A surprise in the selection was Clarence Seedorf. He had been left out for a long time. Marco van Basten and Bert van Marwijk didn’t want to select him because he demanded a squad that was going to play for him. Coach van Zanten selected him but isn't going to build a squad around him. Seedorf will most likely start on the bench against England.

Two other surprises or Ronnie Stam and Sander Boschker (Both FC Twente). Both players have never played a match for the national side. Van Zanten selected Stam because of his good play with his team FC Twente in the eredivisie. Boschker is going to replace Michel Vorm, who suffers from a serious viral infection.

The Match:

Holland - England 2-2

Nederland_leidt_bi_1203298b.jpg

Holland conceded an early goal, Wayne Rooney scored in the 7th minute. Curling the ball in the top corner. But Holland still was the beter side. In the 58th minute, in the 16 yard box, Arjen Robben got passed his man Ashley Cole. Cole used a tackle, Robben fell and Holland could make them selfs up for a penalty. Van Bommel scored the penalty 1-1. Just 9 minutes after the equalizer Dirk Kuyt scored the 2-1, justice! But in the 71th minute goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg scored a own goal, 2-2. After the 2-2 Holland kept attacking, but they were unfortunate...

Man of the Match: Wesley Sneijder

attachment.php

hey man - just saw this so i get to be the first to comment ;) Looks good so far - maybe put up some screenshots of the game, talk about what tactics you're using and maybe some pcitures like logo's or something, just for more build up to the game?? Also - just one more thing.. if u have photoshop or even GIMP/Paint - you can use templates like the one attached to edit it - i'm assuming this is your first story as i haven't seen one from you before - most importantly - GOOD LUCK. I also have a story, i'll follow this if you follow mine ;) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36660

Last edited: