StephenAFC

Reaction score
9k=

Ian Holloway Leaves Crystal Palace
Manager leaves Palace after guiding Eagles to Premier League
images

Ian Holloway has stunned the nation by resigning as Crystal Palace manager despite bringing in 13 players. Holloway signed 13 players all in the month of July before resigning. Holloway has left due to a reported lack of faith in the squad. Holloway said "I tried to change things too quickly and we have played eight or nine pre season matches and we have played dismally. I should of rewarded the players I had but I tried to change things too quickly and my style of play won't suit this squad so I think a new manager should come in who can incorportate this team with his tactics and steer the club from relegation before guiding them to bigger and better things." Chairman Steve Parish said in a statement "I am gutted Ian has decided to leave but I have to respect his decision and eventually I agreed it was best for the club. The door will always be open for Ian to come back in some capacity and the club wish him all the best for the future." Dan Petresu and Tony Pulis are both 5/1 to take the role with Tony Pulis rumoured to have a serious interest in filling the role. Pulis has never been relegated as a manager and Dan Petresu played in the Premier League for Chelsea.

_71223769_154444015.jpg

Tony Pulis: Crystal Palace appoint former Stoke boss as manager
Tony Pulis has been confirmed as the new manager of Crystal Palace on a two-and-half-year deal.
The 55-year-old left Stoke City during the summer and succeeds Ian Holloway, who resigned four days ago.
The Eagles were promoted to the Premier League via the playoffs in May, but have never survived a season in the Premier League.
Pulis has never been relegated in 21 years as a manager but Palace sit in the Premier League's bottom three.
During Holloway's final news conference as manager, Palace co-chairman Steve Parish said the club hoped to talk to Pulis, but it is understood the former Plymouth Argyle boss was initially cautious about taking the job.
It is understood he wants to bolster the squad during the transfer window to aid Palace's fight for survival.
There were rumours Wales manager Chris Coleman could be appointed, with Iain Dowie and Aitor Karanka also linked with the role.
Parish had also explored the possibility of appointing former Chelsea defender Dan Petrescu, who is now manager of Dinamo Moscow.
However, Petrescu said: "I have not been in talks with any club being under contract with another outfit. And I'm not set to do it in the future."
Welshman Pulis was appointed Stoke boss for a second time in 2006 and two years later led them into the top flight after 23 years absent.
Despite not finishing lower than 14th in five seasons in the Premier League and guiding the Potters to an FA Cup final, he left the Britannia Stadium by mutual consent in the summer after being told the board wanted to take the club in a different direction.

Last edited:
b768b90c-1631-4c7d-a5ae-35492a589708-460x276.jpeg

August 2013
Richario ZivkovicFC Groingen550,000Hot Prospect
Jonathan WaltersStoke City2,600,000Important First Team Player
Stefan StrandbergRosenborg350,000Rotation
JussiJ??skel?inenWest Ham United160,000Rotation
Clint HillQueens Park Rangers160,000Rotation
Alexander ButtnerManchester UnitedLoanImportant First Team Player
Jean BousejourWigan Athletic1,000,000Rotation

Permanent First Team Departures

Stephen DobbieReleased, signed for AberdeenIn best interests of player
Lewis PriceReleasedIn best interests of player
Neil AlexanderReleased, signed for Partick ThistleIn best interests of player
Kevin PhillipsReleased, signed for MotherwellIn best interests of player
Aaron WilbrahamReleasedIn best interests of player
Owen GarvanReleasedIn best interests of player
Paddy McCarthyReleasedArgument over captaincy
Elliot GrandinReleased, signed for Stade de RemisIn best interests of player
Osman SowReleased, signed for PeterboroughIn best interests of player

Tony Pulis on transfer dealings
"I deliberated for a while on releasing a large amount of players but I called them in individually to inform them that first team opportunities were unlikely and that the club would offer them a release to find first team football. All of the lads were brilliant about it and a few of them resigned on a trial basis purely to train for fitness and to impress potential suitors. Stephen and Aaron were both immense on trial and Stephen is hitting form at Aberdeen, Aaron hasn't yet found a club but I'm sure a team will come in for him. When it came to bringing in players I had to wheel and deal but the players we brought in are all of top quality and the fees were absolute steals. Richairo Zivkovic was available for just a small compensation fee and he will be a top talent, Jussi is an experienced goalkeeper who can step in between the sticks on rotation with Julian Speroni, Jonathan Walters is a versatile attacker with vital experience in the league and he could be a difference maker when it comes to survival. Stefan Strandberg drew in some criticism from a few people for signing someone fairly unknown but I was given praise by quite a few people who had heard of him, he can play as a centre-half a defensive midfielder and in the centre of midfield, he's versatile and he has bags of potential and his value will quadruple by the end of the season. Clint Hill can play as a left back and a centre back and his performances for QPR last season were phenomenal and their loss is our gain, Jean Bousejour can play on the left in any position but unfortunately he tore his calf and won't be fit until December, but when he comes in he will be essential to our battle to survive. Alexander Buttner wasn't getting first team football at Manchester United and he is of Premier League quality and if he does well hopefully we can make something permanent. Overall, I'm happy with the business we've done."
premier-league-logo.png

Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal (Kieran Gibbs, 78, 86)
Palace Player of the Game: Kagisho Dikgacoi
"It's a shame to concede two late goals after holding Arsenal but I was impressed with our spirit."

Sunderland (Steven Fletcher, 90) 1-1 Crystal Palace (Marouane Chamakh, 3)
"To concede at the end, again, is cruel and we didn't deserve to lose. Marouane has scored giving him vital confidence."
Palace Player of the Game: Marouane Chamakh

Crystal Palace (Mariappa, 32 and Joel Ward, 44) 2-0 Hull City AFC
"Deserved win, I think to survive we need to make Selhurst Park a fortress. Mariappa was unstoppable."

Capital_One_Cup_logo.png

Yeovil (Alan Tate, 4, Sam Foley, 81) 2-3 Crystal Palace (Marouane Chamakh, 47, 60, Barry Bannan, 89)
"To concede twice to Yeovli was disappointing but Marouane Chamakh was phenomenal,

Top Six Most Expensive European Transfers of Summer 2013
Ilkay GundoganBorussia DortmundReal Madrid?41,000,000
Javier HernandezManchester UnitedFC Barcelona ?31,000,000
Andriy YarmolenkoDynamo KyivReal Madrid?23,000,000
Robert LewandowskiBorussia DortmundFC Barcelona?15,000,000
Nemanja MaticSL BenficaJuventus?13,750,000
Andre AyewOlympique MarseilleThe Invincibles?13,000,000

Crystal-Palace-v-Tottenham-2188243.png

October 2013
premier-league-logo.png

Swansea 3-1 Crystal Palace
(Michu 8, 70, Kennetu Omeruo 52) (Clint Hill 67)
Palace Player of the Game: Clint Hill

Everton 2-1 Crystal Palace
(Javi Garcia, 35 and Speroni own goal) (Jonathan Walters, 64)
Palace Player of the Game: Jonathan Walters

Crystal Palace 0-0 Stoke

Crystal Palace 1-1 Aston Villa
Marouane Chamakh (60, missed penalty 75), Christian Benteke (90, penalty)
Palace Player of the Game: Adrian Mariappa

Manchester United 1-1 Crystal Palace
Nani (33), Joel Ward (80)
Palace Player of the Game: Adlene Guardiola

Tottenham Hotspuds 0-1 Crystal Palace
images

Marouane Chamakh (87) - Ex Gooner! :D - Delighted beating Spurs, hate em.
Player of the Game: Colonel Chamakh

capitalone304-260302.png

Crystal Palace 1-2 Fulham
Jason Puncheon (37,) Hugo Rodallega (2) Kieran Richardson (47)

images

Player of the Month: Marouane Chamakh for improved form and effort.

Breaking_news.jpg

Just two points off bottom three, we do need some wins and we can't be too reliable on draws.

Last edited:
November 2013
2476501.jpg

Lucky Kid Above

premier-league-logo.png

Crystal Palace (Jonathan Walters, 90+3) 1-1 Fulham (Hugo Rodallega, 74)
Palace Player of the Game: Jason Puncheon

Crystal Palace (Marouane Chamakh, 1, Jonathan Walters, 50) 2-1 Newcastle United (Steven Taylor, 87)
Palace Player of the Game: Marouane Chamakh

Southampton (Rickie Lambert, 37) 1-2 Crystal Palace (Marouane Chamakh, 21), (Clint Hill, 40)
Palace Players of the Game: Marouane Chamakh and Clint Hill

West Ham United 4-0 Crystal Palace
(Winston Reid, Emile Heskey - yes, Heskey, Joe Cole, Stewart Downing)
Palace Player of the Game: This award can't be given, terrible performance to end a brilliant run.

Unfortunatley, I played on a little bit so I can't give the precise table at this moment.

Our Player of the Month is Marouane Chamakh for continuing to score goals.