Reaction score
images

Ian Holloway leaves Crystal Palace
Ian Holloway has shocked fans by leaving Crystal Palace before the new season despite bringing in twelve signings. Holloway guided Crystal Palace to promotion via the playoffs after replacing Dougie Freedman who left for Bolton in October 2012. Holloway signed;
Stephen Dobbie on a free transfer
Dwight Gayle for a club record ?4,500,000 from Peterborough
Jerome Thomas on a free transfer
Jose Campana for ?1,700,000 from Sevilla
Kevin Phillips and Elliot Grandin on free transfers from Blackpool
Marouane Chamakh from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee
Neil Alexander from Rangers for free
Florian Marange from Bordeaux for free
Jack Hunt from Huddersfield for ?2,000,000
Adrian Mariappa from Reading for ?2,000,000
Barry Bannan from Aston Villa for ?500,000
and Adlene Guediourla for ?2,500,000
Holloway released a statement regarding his departure saying;
"I tried to change things too quickly, I took a training session two days ago and there wasn't that click. I should of let the players who were here stay and play in the Premier League, they deserved a chance and I'm wrong for denying them that. The squad was overhauled too quickly and I can't do this. I'm sure Steve will find someone who will get the team playing right and I wish Palace well." Holloway is set to swiftly get back into management as he is reported to have held talks with Millwall over replacing new Wolves boss Kenny Jackett at the Den.

Chris-Coleman-the-new-Wal-008.jpg

Crystal Palace appoint Chris Coleman
Crystal Palace have appointed Wales boss Chris Coleman as manager on a deal until the end of the season. Coleman has managed; Fulham, Real Sociedad, Coventry City, Larissa and the Welsh National Team, Coleman has tendered his resignation as Wales manager and is set to manage Palace on a full time basis. Palace hosts Welsh wonderkid Jon Williams and the 19 year old is rumoured to have played a large part in the Welshman's appointment. Coleman said in his unveiling that he was planning to make adjustments to his squad;
"First of all I'm delighted to be here and it's a privilege to be at such an illustrious club. The team did exceptionally well last season in getting promoted after coming from near relegation to League One a few years ago. Regarding transfers, I will be keeping most of the squad but I will be making a few signings with players of Premier League quality coming in to provide valuable experience to the team."

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Transfers and August
Richario ZivkovicFC Groingen500,000Hot Prospect for the Future
Jonathan WaltersStoke City2,300,000Key Player
Stefan StrandbergRosenborg350,000Rotation
Jussi JaaskelainenWest Ham160,000Rotation
Clint HillQPR 160,000Rotation
Jean BeausejourWigan1,000,000Rotation

Loan Signings
Alexander ButtnerManchester UnitedKey PlayerNo Agreed Fee

Departures
View attachment 426921

August

Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal

View attachment 426883
We played brilliantly throughout the game and were undeserving to concede two late goals

Sunderland 1-1 Crystal Palace
View attachment 426877
Disgusted to concede a late goal and cost us our first win, Chamakh got us off to a flyer and Dikgacoi's red card proved costly.

View attachment 426866
Delighted to get our first win of the season, Mariappa put in an amazing show and wins at Selhurst will be essential to our relegation fight

cap-one-logo_03.jpg
View attachment 426869
Glad we progress in the cup but we shouldn't be conceding to Yeovil. Tut tut

View attachment 426864
Chamakh gets our player of the month with three goals​