Are you participating ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

sass101

Reaction score
Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia when 2.2 million individuals and more than 2,000 businesses turned their lights off for one hour to take a stand against climate change.

On Saturday 27 March, Earth Hour 2010 became the biggest Earth Hour ever. A record 128 countries and territories joined the global display of climate action. People across the world from all walks of life turned off their lights and came together in celebration and contemplation of the one thing we all have in common – our planet.

Earth Hour 2011 will take place on Saturday 26 March at 8.30PM (local time). This Earth Hour we want you to go beyond the hour, so after the lights go back on think about what else you can do to make a difference.

Visit www.earthhour.org/beyondthehour to share your act with the world.

So, are YOU participating this year ?

No, might turn all the lights in my house on (H)

Poll added. In a community like this, I think it'd be a miracle if someone voted yes ...

I'm hoping to participate, as long as it doesn't involve turning off computers and TVs XD

Did it last year when on holiday in Singapore, it was really serene :)

No, might turn all the lights in my house on (H)

You're an idiot.

I always try to minimise my energy useage, mainly because I'm tight but also for the planet. Houses decorated in lights at christmas really annoy me. I'll participate in the hour of darkness

i'm particitipating the earth hour, infact i'm in GMT +7 and every houses is dark just like mine. :)

My town wont turn the street lights off. I probably will turn my lights off but councils should also do more for this.

Passed Earth Hour 2 and a half hours ago in my area.
The whole neighbourhood was only black and the only light coming from my house was the PC's screen.

You're an idiot.

I always try to minimise my energy useage, mainly because I'm tight but also for the planet. Houses decorated in lights at christmas really annoy me. I'll participate in the hour of darkness

I was only joking, i am only 14 anyway. I never put lights up at Christmas either, i think if i remember correctly that our school did this last year or something so i may do it .

dunno...i will be drunk tonight,if someone turn off the lights at the pub it will be cool (6)

I was going to, but I completely forgot about it, shizer. Not many people around me participated I know that much.