drezzy86

Reaction score
630px-Communist_star.svg.png

The Eastern Bloc Challenge

Since the fall of The Soviet Union, Football in Eastern Europe has not had that much of an impact on Football. Since the break up of the Soviet Union, former republics have never made it to a Champions League final. Amazingly, CSKA Moscow and Zenit St Petersburg have lifted a UEFA Cup/Europa League trophy but the competition is still dominated by Western European clubs. This taste of victory has left the Eastern Bloc wanting more.....Here is your Challenge!

Aim: To guide a second division side to National glory by winning that nations main league. Once you have a foothold in your chosen country, then your goal is to bring them to European Glory, be it in the Champions League or Europa League.

But it doesn't end there, An Optional goal is to then build a national team from the Eastern Bloc and bring them to Glory on the world Stage!

Rules:-

Chose any team from the list provided below. You can change teams if you are offered another job but they must be in the Eastern Bloc. IE:- You manager Torpedo Moscow for 2 seasons and then CSKA Moscow offer you a job, you can accept, or if You're Torpedo Moscow and Poznan offer you a job, you can switch from Russia to Poland.

East German teams like Dresden and Hertha Berlin will not be included as teams available to manage

Do not edit the Database in any way

Teams you can Choose

BELARUS FIRST LEAGUE

Baranovichi
Belcard
Gorodeya
Khimik Svetlogorsk
Klechesk
Pinsk
Polatsk
Rudensk
SKViCh
Slavia Mozyr
Slutsk
Smorgon
Vedrich Rechitsa

Bulgarian B Groups

Eastern

Chernomorets (Pomorie)
Dobrudzha 1919
Dorostol 2003
Lyubimets
Neftohimik 1962
Nesebar
Silven 2000
Spartak Varna

Western

Akademik Sofia
Bansko
Chavdar Byala Slatina
Malesh (Mikrevo)
Prin
Septemvri
Slivnishki geroy

Czech Second division

Caslav
Jihlava
Karvina
Most
Opava
Sezimovo Usti
Slovan Varnsdorf
Sokolov
Trinec
Usti Nad Labem
Vlasim
Zlin
Znojmo

Hungarian Leage 2 East and West

Any Team

Polish Second Division

Bogdanka
Dolcan Zabki
Flota
GKS Katowice
Kolejarz
Nieciecza
Olimpia Elblag
Olimpia Grudziadz
Polkowice
Polonia Bytom
Radzionkow
Sandecja
Warta Poznan
Wisla Plock
Zawisza

Romania Second Division East and West

Any Team

Russian first Division

Baltika
Chernomorets (RUS)
Dinamo Bryansk
Fakel
Gazovik Orenburg
KamAZ
Khimki
Luch
Mordovia
Nizhniy Novgorod
SKA Khabarovsk
Shinnik
Torpedo Moscow
Torpeda Vladimir
Volgar
Yenisey

Slovak Second Division

Dolny Kubin
Liptovsky Mikulas
Lucenec
Moldava
Myjava
Petrzalka
Podbrezova
Rim.Sobota
SFM Senac

Ukrainian First League

Any Team

At the end of your season, if you could update us on your progress with the following template.

Team:
Season:
Final Finishing Position:
Average Attendance:
Cup Progress:

And Add Screen Shots of your final league position. If you have Won a cup, post Screenshots of the final

On a side note, i would like to thank "will1981 - Lowest Leage to Champions League", "mccollio09 - The Patriot Challenge" and "Kandersson - the great San Marino Challenge" for the inspiration behind this challenge. Check theirs out, they're awesome challenges

Good Luck, Comrade

I'll give it a go with a second league team from Romania...

I'm trying this at the mo....alot harder then i expected.

I'll try with a belarusian side i think. You forgot to mention in your OP that Steau from Romania won the european cup and reached the final for a second time...

will start this after my exams. communism FTW, will pick chernomorets (pomorie) because, my family have a property in pomerie!

I'll try with a belarusian side i think. You forgot to mention in your OP that Steau from Romania won the european cup and reached the final for a second time...

Wasn't that before 1993 though?

I am partial to a bit of Communism and a few Soviets, so I shall accept your challenge comrade!
I've been needing motivation lately!

I'll be starting with Dolny Kubin

Last edited:
I'll have a go at this in about 3 weeks!

SFM Senac...if i was doing the the Slovak League i would've chosen Dolny Kubin...next town down from where my fiance is from. I played about 7 season with Zilina, whilst it's easier to conquer the country, Europe is daunting, but if you have a world class youth set up, then the game churns out some good Slovak re-gens.

Wasn't that before 1993 though?

Ah your right it was, it was the late 80's my mistake. Getting started with this today. Picked FC Dynamo Bryansk, who seem to be awful, good challenge.
[h=1][/h]

Last edited:
Ah your right it was, it was the late 80's my mistake. Getting started with this today. Picked FC Dynamo Bryansk, who seem to be awful, good challenge.

Ha, you make a good point though. Good luck with them, I'm currently with a Polish team and they suck lol

Half way through the season, and I'm second. Predicted 13th so thats pretty good!

Half way through the season, and I'm second. Predicted 13th so thats pretty good!

Brilliant stuff, Hopefully you can make it to the first division in one go, that's when the real fun starts lol

I managed to finish my first season in the second league from Romania. Unfortunately I play rarely and my updates will be also rare, but here are my results.

1st place and promotion

View attachment 219220

winner of the cup. I was lucky I haven't met any strong team from the first division. screens with my best games (Semi final 2 nd leg and final)

View attachment 219221View attachment 219222

and finally, the team at the end of the season.

View attachment 219223

I'll come back with news from second season.
cheers

I managed to finish my first season in the second league from Romania. Unfortunately I play rarely and my updates will be also rare, but here are my results.

1st place and promotion

View attachment 219220

winner of the cup. I was lucky I haven't met any strong team from the first division. screens with my best games (Semi final 2 nd leg and final)

View attachment 219221View attachment 219222

and finally, the team at the end of the season.

View attachment 219223

I'll come back with news from second season.
cheers

Absolutely fantastic stuff. What a good first season, wish mine was going as well

To be honest, Timisoara is a good team for the first division, not to say the second, but now comes the hard part. some of my best players left and the manager is not willing to invest even if I play in Europa League :(

this season will be a struggle to survive. I think the only way to complete this challenge is to find some young quality players from scouting.

I'll come back with news

To be honest, Timisoara is a good team for the first division, not to say the second, but now comes the hard part. some of my best players left and the manager is not willing to invest even if I play in Europa League :(

this season will be a struggle to survive. I think the only way to complete this challenge is to find some young quality players from scouting.

I'll come back with news

Yeah, bring in Quality youngsters. I think the easiest way to complete this challenge is to be a team from Russia