The Emergence of Los Carbayones- A Real Oviedo Story

Lewis Barlow

Reaction score
Who are Real Oviedo?

Real Oviedo can be described as a 'Fallen Giant' they have spent the majority of their history playing at the top level in Spain and also in turn produces some great players along the way. Similar to Portsmouth in England, Oviedo suffered financial meltdown and found themselves languishing in the 3rd division of spanish football. However in the last couple of years the club introduced a scheme that allowed people from all over the world to buy shares in the club in order to raise funds and to ensure that the club survives, this scheme was extremely successful and raised a considerable amount of money for the club which will help them to reach the top division once again. So this is where our story starts, im using the updated database in which Oviedo have been placed into Liga Adelante which is of course the 2nd Division in Spain.

So earlier i mentioned that throughout the years a number of great players have graced the pitch at Oviedo, so i hear you ask 'Who are these players?' Well let me show you...

Stan Collymore

View attachment 247683

Stan Collymore signed for Real Oviedo on 31st January 2001 from Bradford City, Unfortunately he only played a handful of games for the club before he announced his retirement from the game.

Santi Cazorla.

View attachment 247682

Santi was a product of the youth academy at real oviedo before he left to join villareal amidst the financial uncertainty of the club, interestingly Santi was one of the people who bought shares in the club when they were made available.

Juan Mata.

View attachment 247678

Mata spent 3 years of his footballing career at Real Oviedo before leaving to join the famous Real Madrid academy, he has very strong links with the club as his father played for the club before him.

Michu.

View attachment 247677

Of this list Michu is the only player that spent a considerable amount of time playing in the first time for the club, he went on to make 100 appearances for the club before leaving to join Celta B.

So here we go, its time to take Real Oviedo back where they belong.

I hope you enjoyed this little introduction, if you think im missing anything or if you would like me include anything in my updates then do not hesitate to say.​

Good introduction mate. Like playing the Spanish lower leagues myself. Hope to see how you're going to line up tactics-wise and whether you bring in any additions to the squad.

Good introduction mate. Like playing the Spanish lower leagues myself. Hope to see how you're going to line up tactics-wise and whether you bring in any additions to the squad.
Yeah i'm just testing a few formations out at the minute in pre season, i think i might be looking at utilizing wing backs as my wingers arent superb and i have absolutely no money to spend

Pre Season

View attachment 247433

An inital 1 year deal and hopefully we do enough in this year to earn a new contract.

So here are the budgets and expectations for the season ahead.

View attachment 247431

As you can see i don't have a lot to work with in order to surive in this division, we will have to rely on the players we already have and maybe one or two free transfers or loans.

BIG NEWS!!

View attachment 247429

Im hoping that this wil be beneficial for us in the first season or two, we are looking to try and utilize any players they may be willing to send us in order to progress our team.

Friendly Results.

Game 1.

View attachment 247428

Game 2.

View attachment 247427

Game 3.

View attachment 247426

Game 4.

View attachment 247425

Pre Season Thoughts.

I spent the majority of this pre season trying to implement a tactic which suited my team and after the games in pre season i feel that i have settled on a formation that will be my main formation during the first season. As of yet no players have been bought as i am working with very little money and currently i am just not finding any good free transfers but i will update you on any transfers that happen in the august update.

So here is the formation that i will be using during this season.

View attachment 247424

I have deciced to utilize wing back as much as possible as my wingers arent the best so my wingback will get forward in support.

Thank you for reading, the August update will be up later tonight