thejoshster

Reaction score
Emulating Rafa.

My goal is to emulate my favorite manager, Rafa Benitez starting from when he took over Valencia

Rafa Benitez has so far won:

Two La Liga Titles and the Europa League with Valencia
Champions League, Europa League and Fa cup with LFC
Fifa Club World Cup and Italian Super cup with Inter
Europa League with Chelsea
Italian Cup & Super Cup with Napoli

Hopefully I can overtake him on the Hall of Fame!

I'm going to start my rep as a Professional Football player and with a Continental License to make it slightly harder for myself and hopefully I can emulate or improve on Rafa's Career!

So without Further a due ladies and Gentlemen I present Rafa Benitez
Over to you Rafa :p:

View attachment 214120

Thanks Josh ^^,
My official name is Rafael Benítez Maudes, but everyone knows me as Rafa Benítez.

I was born on 16th April 1960 in Madrid, where my parents, Francisco and Rosario, had lived all their lives. I have an older brother, Francisco Javier, and a younger sister, María del Rosario.

In my childhood I enjoyed all kinds of sports. I’d play endless games of football in the street and at school. But it wasn’t all football; I also loved basketball, handball, judo and swimming. I’d always compete to win.

I was pretty good at regularly taking home a medal. In my spare time I used to play board games like chess or ‘Stratego’, a very popular game at the time based on military strategy.

Throughout my progressing football career I never neglected my education, which was very important to me. All 2000 pesetas (12 euros) I earned as a wage through playing football I saved to pay for my university fees.

Naturally, my degree had to be in Physical Education, which I studied at the INEF in Madrid. I balanced my university studies with my playing career. This meant a 45 minute run every day, from the Complutense University campus, through to corridors of the Metro, to finally arrive at the Real Madrid Training Ground. Needless to say, I never needed to warm up before training.

Injury cut my playing career short so once I finished my degree, I worked as a PE teacher in several schools in Madrid and later in a secondary school in Linares. When I returned to Madrid, after some time I became the coach of Real Madrid U-19.

With this team we won two Cup titles and a league title in three seasons. To Under 19's coach to Assistant to Del Bosque It seemed that finally my coaching career was moving forward and eventually I got my big break at Valencia...

View attachment 214119
Cheers Rafa :p Just a little insight into the man

Valencia

View attachment 978253

Valencia Finished 4th Last Season in La Liga securing qualification to a champions league play off spot luckily for me!

Have a gorgeous 55,000 stadium known as Mestalla Stadium

View attachment 214111

Here's their Squad Cant tell you much about it at the minute as I don't have fm yet...

View attachment 214108
View attachment 214106

Having said that, Valencia's attacking options look good with former Manchester city's negredo leading the line and with Piatti and Bakali this side should have some pace to it. I'll look to update as soon as I can play :D

Thanks for Reading!

P.S anyone know how to delete a thread?

Last edited:
Looking good mate. My understanding is that the only way to delete a thread is to request it from a moderator. I could be wrong though

Looking good mate. My understanding is that the only way to delete a thread is to request it from a moderator. I could be wrong though

ta, just wanted to get rid of the who to be one :p