W4NKER

Reaction score
The Emulation Challenge

Everyone has a favourite manager, be it Fergie, Pep, the Special One or so on.

The challenge I present you with is to emulate that manager on FM.

Start where he started.

Manage who he managed.

Win what he won.

Some managers CV:

Sir Alex Ferguson

(East Stirlingshire, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Scotland, Manchester United)

Jose Mourinho

(Benfica, Leiria, Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid)

Fabio Capello

(Milan, Real Madrid, Milan, Roma, Juventus, Real Madrid, England, Russia)

Roy Hodgson

(Halmstads, Bristol City, Oddevold, Orebro, Malmo, Neuchatel Xamax, Switzerland, Inter, Blackburn, Grasshoppers, Copenhagen, Udinese, UAE, Viking, Finland, Fulham, Liverpool, WBA, England)

Brian Clough

(Hartlepool, Derby, Brighton, Leeds, Nottm Forest)

Bill Shankly

(Carlisle, Grimsby, Workington, Huddersfield, Liverpool)

Arsene Wenger

(Nancy, Monaco, Grampus, Arsenal)

I done the Alex Ferguson after FM13 was released...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-stories/106582-sir-alex-ferguson-career.html

So I might do the Jose Mourinho one now just to add a bit of freshness to FM13 as its usually round this time of the year that I get a bit bored of it.

I would love to do the Roy Hodgson one eventually too. Didn't realise he managed so many clubs.

Anyway I'll post quick updates every few months on my progress.

Good luck if you are giving this a go also

Ok this is gonna be harder than I thought!

I haven't realised that Leiria in Portugal have been relegated to the bottom division due to poor finances and are on the brink of adminstration.

View attachment 318815

More of a challenge now..

IMO, you could modify the challenge so that they at least have to win the league with each team they will manage.

In that case, emulating Hodgson or Luis Aragones will be really challenging.

I might give it a go that way.

Hey guys, i was thinking about doing this with Rafa Benitez. He managed Real Madrid B, Valladolid, Osasuna, Extremadura, Tenerife, Valencia, Liverpool and Chelsea. Winning:
Segunda Division Promotion - 2
La Liga - 2
UEFA Cup - 1
Champions League - 1
FA Cup - 1
Community Shield - 1
UEFA Super Cup - 1
Supercoppa Italiana - 1
Club World Cup - 1

So, what do you guys think?

Hey guys, i was thinking about doing this with Rafa Benitez. He managed Real Madrid B, Valladolid, Osasuna, Extremadura, Tenerife, Valencia, Liverpool and Chelsea. Winning:
Segunda Division Promotion - 2
La Liga - 2
UEFA Cup - 1
Champions League - 1
FA Cup - 1
Community Shield - 1
UEFA Super Cup - 1
Supercoppa Italiana - 1
Club World Cup - 1

So, what do you guys think?

Yeah, it's great, but read my reply above, i think it'd be much more challenging to win the league with each team (in my case at least)

IMO, you could modify the challenge so that they at least have to win the league with each team they will manage.

In that case, emulating Hodgson or Luis Aragones will be really challenging.

I might give it a go that way.
Yes or the main national cup even

I've finished the first season of the Mourinho one and will post screens later. Was almost sacked several times but managed to hold on!

In this challenge do you have to complete it in order so e.g: Arsene Wenger, u would have to go from Nancy to Monaco to Grampus to Arsenal not in any other order. Also do u hav to win the same competitions as them with the same clubs

Yes or the main national cup even

I've finished the first season of the Mourinho one and will post screens later. Was almost sacked several times but managed to hold on!

That sounds good. I'm going to start this with Aragones. Going to be a really tough challenge, considering he's been at 9 clubs, not to mention Spain as well.

In this challenge do you have to complete it in order so e.g: Arsene Wenger, u would have to go from Nancy to Monaco to Grampus to Arsenal not in any other order. Also do u hav to win the same competitions as them with the same clubs
Same order yes. I wouldn't worry about the competitions too much as hopefully you will win more than them!:D

Extremadura no longer exist they went bust that would make rafa quite hard

Looking to start a long term save on the full version of the game so going to do a Jupp Heynckes emulation

JUPP HEYNCKES

Josef "Jupp" Heynckes (born 9 May 1945 in Mönchengladbach) is a German former football player and manager who is currently the manager of Bayern Munich of the Fußball-Bundesliga.

As a player, he belonged to the core of the team of Borussia Mönchengladbach in its golden era of the 1960s and 1970s, where he won many national championships and the Cup, as well as the UEFA Cup.

He was a member of the West German national squad that won the European Championship and the World Cup in the first half of the 1970s.

As manager he won two German championships with Bayern Munich and the 1997–98 UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid, their first title in the competition in more than 30 years.

MANAGERIAL CAREER AND STATS

^^^^^^Keep getting crash dumps on this save, about every two weeks so going to stop it as its annoying the ******* off me! Was sitting 3rd in Bundesliga too in January. Dastards!

I started doing a Mourinho emulation - tough starting with Leiria

Gonna do an emulation on Vicente Del Bosque he managed ;

Real Madrid B
Real Madrid
Besiktas
Spain

WINNING

La Liga (2)
Supercopa de Espana (1)
Champions League (2)
UEFA Super Cup (1)
Copa Iberoamericana (1) (Abolished)
Intercontinental Cup (1) (Abolished)

​LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To freshen up my long term save I'm going to start an emulation challenge within it.

I'm in 2138 and the first job I was offered was AFC Wimbledon.

Using wikipedia I've seen that Dave Bassett started his career at AFC Wimbledon so I will do him.

Dave Bassett Managerial Career

YearTeam Managed
1981-87Wimbledon
1987-88Watford
1988-95Sheffield United
1996-97Crystal Palace
1997-99Nottingham Forest
1999-00Barnsley
2000-02Leicester City