The English Pyramid - Chester and Beyond!

SMPGibbs

Reaction score
View attachment 340839
Neil Young and Gary Jones leave Chester
Chester's only manager Neil Young who led Chester to a double promotion to the Blue Square North has today resigned alongside assistant manager Gary Jones. The ex Colwyn Bay boss joined Chester upon their formation and successful appeal to join the Northern Premier League Division One North where his old club played in, led Chester to the Northern Premier League and then to the Blue Square North. Young released a statement on the club's website
"I've had two fantastic seasons at Chester FC and the support has been brilliant. I have achieved two promotions here and I feel I can manage in the Football League, I spoke to the chairman and we mutually agreed after a long discussion it was time for me to go. The backroom staff are going but the chairman told me of his choice and the coaches who will be coming in and I am excited to see Chester play under their new boss. I wish the club the best and a third consecutive promotion will be brilliant. I want to thank the fans for their loyal support and the players and the board for backing me while I have been here."
Following Young's resignation, Sky BET have installed ex Portsmouth manager Tony Adams as the favourite for the job.
Tony Adams 3/1
David Weir 6/1
Ray Wilkins 13/2
Stephen Gibbs 7/1
Ian Wright 12/1
Gareth Southgate 25/1
Sky Sports will keep you updated on the goings on at Chester FC.

View attachment 340841
Chester FC chairman Tony Durkin has announced that Chester will appoint a 'Head Coach' rather than a manager for the 2012-13 season. Durkin released a statement on Chester's website saying:
"The board has decided it wishes to appoint a head coach as opposed to a traditional first-team manager,This is an opportunity for us to build a stable foundation on which we hope to create a successful future based on smart recruitment, youth development and attractive football.The head coach will be responsible for bringing on-field success to the first team and will work with, and lead, our other football professionals to implement a new football strategy and philosophy for the club as a whole."

View attachment 340842
Chester FC have appointed Stephen Gibbs as Head Coach on a contract until June 2013.
"To manage Chester FC is a privilege, to take over from Neil Young who led the club to a double promotion is an honor. I intend to make it three promotions in a row because with the right signings then we have a serious team to challenge for the league."

CHESTER FC
Finances:
Chester's season ticket is £216, that's double the price for a Bayern Munich one. There are 1,168 season ticket holders so that's a nice bit of income. The club's worth £350,000 and were Semi-Professional with an okay financial status. I had a conversation with the board and there actually nice people. The board are looking for a parent club which will garner some extra income and there is a special announcement coming up soon.

Star Players:
Lee Trundle
View attachment 340885
Unfortunately, he is injured for five to six months so I am in the market for a striker or two.
image.jpg

Antoni Sarcevic
Absolute beast who will be essential to our attack. Potential to be a good League 2 player so he will be useful for a few seasons. However, he is wanted by six League 2 clubs so I might not be able to hang onto him.
image.jpg

Michael Roberts
Our ball winning midfielder will be essential to feeding the ball to the strikers and his stats are phenomenal and his potential is a good League 2 player so he will be at the club for a while.
Staff:
View attachment 340849
Bobby Roberts has great stats for a Blue Square North team and 12 for JA and JP is brilliant to spot good players for the BSN.
He is our new Chief Scout and is on a part-time contract on £300 a week.
Untitled.jpg

Steve Morrison is our new assistant coach. I hired John Davies after originally failing to get Steve but after trying to offer John a lucrative contract to be an assistant youth coach on double his current wages, we mutually terminated his contract. Steve has better stats so the players will get better training.

Last edited:
Chester FC announce new kit deal with Nike and Hungryhouse
Chester FC have announced their kits for the 2012/13 season will be manufactured by Nike and sponsored by Hungryhouse.co.uk
Chairman Tony Durkin had this to say:
"To have the massive brand Nike sponsor us helps the club with our finances and also gives the club pride to wear shirts made by the biggest brand in the world."
Hungryhouse.co.uk have announced they will be sponsoring Chester's kits until the 2025 season
"Hungryhouse are delighted to be sponsoring Chester FC as we believe this partnership will boost our companies. Chester will gain income and Hungryhouse will be attracting new people to use our site."
chester_1_1.png
chester_2_1.png
chester_3_1.png

Last edited:
Pre Season and Transfers
I arranged a mini-cup with the reserve teams of Bayern Munich, PSG and Borussia Dortmund. We drew Bayern Munich II
Chester FC 0-2 Bayern Munich II
I am in talks with three goalkeepers and I couldn't sign anyone in time so I was forced to use a keeper on a Youth Contract so I'm not too upset about that but we need to improve. Borussia Dortmund II beat PSG Reserves so we have to play them in the 3rd place playoffs.

Chester FC 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain Reserves
Once again, a 2-0 defeat. However, once again a youth contract goalkeeper. I have got to bolster my goalkeeping and defensive options.

Pre Season and August
Z

View attachment 341586
Bearing in mind for three out of the four pre-season games we played we had a goalkeeper on a youth contract, we did well not to be clattered by Bayern and PSG's reserves. A great win against Airbus and Bury bought us winning mentality to the start of the BSN but it wasn't to be in the first two games.
DETAILED ANALYSIS
AWAY: Chester 1-1 Oxford City
GOALSCORER: NATHAN JARMAN
ATTENDANCE: 367 PEOPLE
HOME: Chester 0-1 Workington
GOALSCORER: NOBODY
ATTENDANCE: 2402 PEOPLE
HOME: Chester 1-1 Colwyn Bay
GOALSCORER: Tony Gray
ATTENDANCE: 2858 PEOPLE
This game infuriated me to the core. Colwyn Bay left the pitch at full time with 11 men. Three of our players were taken off injured. THREE! There all out for 4-5 months. I've now got to sign players for free increasing the wage bill. Brilliant.
AWAY: Chester 3-2 Altrincham
GOALSCORERS: Dan Western, Dominic Collins and the Young Gun Nicky Wiper
ATTENDANCE: 912 PEOPLE

Pre Season and August
Z

View attachment 341586
Bearing in mind for three out of the four pre-season games we played we had a goalkeeper on a youth contract, we did well not to be clattered by Bayern and PSG's reserves. A great win against Airbus and Bury bought us winning mentality to the start of the BSN but it wasn't to be in the first two games.
DETAILED ANALYSIS
AWAY: Chester 1-1 Oxford City
GOALSCORER: NATHAN JARMAN
ATTENDANCE: 367 PEOPLE
HOME: Chester 0-1 Workington
GOALSCORER: NOBODY
ATTENDANCE: 2402 PEOPLE
HOME: Chester 1-1 Colwyn Bay
GOALSCORER: Tony Gray
ATTENDANCE: 2858 PEOPLE
This game infuriated me to the core. Colwyn Bay left the pitch at full time with 11 men. Three of our players were taken off injured. THREE! There all out for 4-5 months. I've now got to sign players for free increasing the wage bill. Brilliant.
AWAY: Chester 3-2 Altrincham
GOALSCORERS: Dan Western, Dominic Collins and the Young Gun Nicky Wiper
ATTENDANCE: 912 PEOPLE

PLAYER OF THE MONTH: Tony Gray
MANAGER'S THOUGHTS: Tony has played five games and he has delivered solid performances in each of them. He narrowly got it because nobody else really deserved it. We won just one game and were expected to WIN the league. I am going to need a miracle if we carry on. I could even get the sack