Reaction score
Newcastle's best period since the start of the Premier League was definitely in the mid 90s. I'm planning on making a database to put the entire Entertainers squad in place of the current Newcastle squad, but I don't know anything about a large number of the players. I'd like to know what the opinion is of the following players.

Warren Barton, John Beresford, Darren Peakcock, Steve Howey, Faustino Asprilla, David Ginola,Jimmy Crawford, Keith Gillespie, Steve Watson, Lee Clark, Robbie Elliott, Philippe Albert, Paul Kitson, Aaron Hughes, Paul Barrett, Stuart Elliott.

Quite a few of these are young players, but for the more senior players (in bold) who are they most similar to in terms of players currently playing?

Phillipe Albert is not too dissimilar from David Luiz, Jan Vertonghan and Thomas Vermalean.

Rob Lee (who you have missed) is similar to/ a cross between Joey Barton, Lee Cattermole and Seb Larsson. But he can play DM MRLC, proper utility player.

David Ginola is similar to the likes of Adam Johnson, Milos Krasic and Flourent Malouda.

Maybe a not in CA/PA but definately in similar attributes and style of play.

I actually know a lot about Rob Lee, which is why I didn't mention him.

In terms of CA/PA, I've currently got Albert at 160 CA, with 167 PA, Lee at 162 CA, 172 PA, Ginola at 174 CA, 178 PA. Obviously that's simplistic, but would you say that it is realistic, or that they needed to be toned down a bit.

Other honourable mentions:
Shearer: CA 182, PA, 188
Asprillia: CA 170, PA 177
Batty: CA 153, PA 161
Beardsley: CA 173, PA 185
Ferdinand: CA 166, PA 178.