RobbieToon1

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been trying to recreate the tactic that the famous Newcastle of the 90’s used under Kevin Keegan.

The basic idea of the tactic is to outscore your opponent and to attack at all costs. This worked very well for Keegan and his magnificent team during a period they were dubbed the 4-3 experts.

I would not use this tactic away from home. So far i have had pretty bad results away from home (5-5 draw & 5-3 loss)

So far I have this base tactic and Strategy

View attachment 293520 View attachment 293521

Opp Instructions: Ask Assistant

Some very good results so far at home.

View attachment 293529 View attachment 293530
Friendlies I know but these were the first two games i played with the tactic. Look at those shots totals.

View attachment 293531 View attachment 293532 View attachment 293533
The game against City i used standard instead of overload and that's why they dominated the game.

I would like some people to test this tactic out for me to get some feedback.

Last edited:
I'll give this a go mate. Keegan was all about entertainment and scoring goals. In the 90's they had a very good team and maybe should've at least picked up a cup at some point

I'll give this a go mate. Keegan was all about entertainment and scoring goals. In the 90's they had a very good team and maybe should've at least picked up a cup at some point

The greatest disappointment in my life. :D

some impressive results...

Cheers. Just don't use it away from home. :D

Im mainly looking for opinions on what you guys think the tactic would look like in FM