Gump

Reaction score
The Era of Swanselona

Prologue, January 21th 2012..

Spectator: And that is the final whistle, Manchester United are the winners of this game with 2 - 1 result. There seems to be no light in the dark tunnel for Swansea today, having encountered their 14th loss in 22 games. Their last won came versus Stoke over a month ago. It has been speculated strongly that Brendan Rodgers, Manager of Swansea City, might resign due to bad team performance. Only time will show us what will happen but now, thanks for joining us today, this is Jack Hammer and good night.

In the dressing room....

I walked down the corridor following our players. It was another defeat, tho in the hands of a better team. We can never expect to defeat a team such as Manchester United, but still... Something is missing. The team aint playing like they played last season, a fine, beautiful football...
I walked inside the dressing room and I saw Brendan talking to the players..

Brendan Rodgers
: It was a good try boys, we did our best but it just wasnt enough. Now we have to forget this loss and focus on the future games, we can still salvage something from this season boys. Couple wins and we're out from the relegation zone.

Yes.... Relegation zone. Swansea City was sitting 19th in the table with 3 wins, 5 draws and 14 losses. Things werent going as we wanted. But as only an Assistant manager, I cant wish we would have won everything, I just have to work hard for the boss, for the team and for the supporters. After all, Brendan fired the last Assistant Manager in the summer just to get me in that position. I must not let him down..

After Brendan had kept his speech, he walked towards me and said..

Brendan Rodgers:
Tomorrow is an important day Bob. The Board has summoned a meeting and wants us both to take part in it. I can only fear for the worst..
Me, Bob Rockwall: Im sure they wont dispose you, if thats what you meant my friend.
Brendan Rodgers: I can only hope the same. See you tomorrow at the meeting.

Brendan left the dressing room and so did I. A part of me already knew what would be the fate of Brendan; I just wished it wasnt the case....

More to follow....

Last edited:
Did you go on holiday and skip to this date?

Glad at least someone likes and made a comment.. :D

January 22th 2012, 14:27 PM

At the press conference room, Liberty Stadium..

Flashes... clicks.... The camera's almost blinded me as I walked to take my seat next to Brendan Rodgers, who was sitting in the speaker's place. Behind me walked Huw Jenkins, Chairman of the Swansea City board. I sat down and looked upon Brendan, who tried to keep his cool head and poker face on in front of all the journalists, but I knew inside how he felt..

Then Jenkins rose from his seat, glanced upon the gathered journalists and said..

Huw Jenkins: Thank you all for coming here on behalf of Swansea City AFC. Let's keep the questions minimum as possible and we have a short statement to make and after that you can have couple questions. Brendan?

Jenkins sat down and Brendan took notes from his jacket's pocket, pulled couple microphones closer and said..

Brendan Rodgers:
Dear gathered journalists, I, Brendan Rodgers, hereby resign from the role of Manager of the Swansea City AFC due to family reasons.....

In truth, it was all lies. Swansea City board didnt want his reputation to possibly suffer and so, they made the excuse of family reasons..

Brendan Rodgers:
...Therefore, I have the priviledge to announce that my Assistant manager and a good friend of mine, Bob Rockwall, will be named as the Caretaker Manager of Swansea City AFC for the remainder of the season. I wish him the best luck out there and may future bring lots of success to this fine football club. Thank you.

Brendan sat down and more camera's started to flash. Brendan gave me the turn to speak and so I pulled myself closer to the microphones and said..

Me, Bob Rockwall:
This is truly a priviledge, to be a manager for the club I have supported my whole life. I wish Brendan Rodgers the best and I hope you find a new club in which you can also be very successful. Now Im not going to keep an hour-long speech so Im able to answer couple questions. So, please.

Many hands raised from the group of journalists. I pointed towards one of the journalists.

Tom Maynard:
Congratulations for your appointment. How do you feel being Swansea City manager? Do you feel pressured, noting the current Premier League table where Swansea City sit as 19th?

Me: Thank you. Now I feel great, this is a challenge I welcome and Im strongly of the opinion that we can turn the results around and have a great season. I can boldly state that I aim for above 15th places this season.

I pointed towards another journalist.

Frank Roberts:
Can you give us any insight of your tactical setup? Will you be encouraging a more direct play or more like short passing game that we have used to seen?

Me: Yes, I tend to play as we have used to, but I will try to bring the Swanselona style of play one step further. We will be the most passing team in England in the future, thats a promise. I can answer to one question anymore, then I have to attend a training session.

Gary Orr: The transfer window is still open, are you looking to reinforce your squad? And reports suggest you want to bring Jack Colback in?

Me: The transfer window is a complicated thing and anything can happen, but I wont rush anything. Jack Colback, I havent even heard of him. Now, thank you all and May the Force be with Swansea City.

There was a burst of laugh when I said the final words. Huw, Brendan and me left the conference room in the wake of camera flashes and fuzz. Journalists tried to shout questions, but I didnt have the time to answer. I was late for my first training session. I ran downstairs, through doors and corridors, until I reached the Coach's room. I changed my clothes and ran into the field. There I saw the players, playing with whole field. I walked to Alan Curtis, my current Assistant manager who was watching the training.

Me:
Hey Alan.

Alan Curtis: Hey Bob. How did it go?

Me: Fine, nothing special happened. Could you assemble the boys, I need to tell them couple things.

Alan Curtis: Sure thing.

Alan blew the whistle and summoned the boys around me. Once we we're all gathered around, I said..

Me:
Alrite boys, you know the situation. I know all of you, I know what you can do and what you cannot do. We have been ****, total **** during this season. We must play like we played last season or no, we must play even better. Those other teams out there, they might have better players, more players, more money, better stadium, better everything. Yet it doesnt guarantee their success, football is about team performance, about teamwork! You have now forgotten it. You dont pass, you dont control the game. With sticking to the game plan, playing as one team, controlling the game, it doesnt rely on individuals, it relies on team! Therefore it doesnt require Messi's and Ronaldo's in there, you can all do what I ask from you and it will make you great! I want you to go out there now and show me some of that famous Swanselona style of play and loads of passes!

I felt like I had started a small spark inside every player and it showed. It really started to look like what I had been after. The training session contained probably more passes than any of the games this season. We even saw couple nice team passing goals. The next game was FA Cup 4th Round against Watford on 28th and I really felt it would be a game remembered....

More to follow..

Last edited:
Chapter I

January 28th 2012, Vicarage Road, Watford, 14.53 PM..

I walked behind my players in the tunnel towards the pitch. I felt a bit nervous, to say the least. My first game, how would it go.. I only wish the players would go out there and play their own game. We had trained passing heavily for the last three days, I hope it shows tonight. This is a game we are expected to win...

I came out from the tunnel, shook hands with Watford manager and sat down to my chair, next to Alan Curtis. At 15.00 PM, the referee blew his whistle and game started...

Spectator:
Clock shows 36 minutes and Watford have a corner. McGinn places the ball and takes steps back. he crosses and its a long one to back of the post, Iwemulo gets it and scores! Its 1 - 0 for Watford with a fine cross and even more fine header by Iwemulo....

3 minutes later....

Spectator: Its Gylfi Sigurösson cross from a corner kick. Ball goes towards Swansea City captain, Garry Monk. He wins the ball in air and heads it GOAL! Garry Monk has leveled it just after 3 minutes they conceded! A remarkable comeback from the Swans...

At 80 minutes....

Spectator: Neil Taylor with the ball on the left flank. Taylor finds Britton in the middle. Britton turns and advances forward unchallenged. Britton finds Danny Graham on the 16 yard box line. Graham passes to right, to Nathan Dyer, who dribbles past his defender and blasts it into left corner! A fine move by Nathan Dyer and excellent shot! No goalkeeper could have saved that one...

Final whistle....

Final whistle. 2 - 1 the score. I'd say it wasnt bad at all, we played with passion and we controlled the events. An unfortunate goal conceded, but these things happen. One of my coaches showed me statistics of the game and our passing was just like I wanted it to be. We controlled the game, team moved the ball around very nicely. This is a good start for my Manager career...

I walked down the tunnel to dressing room. I wanted the lads's attention and whistled.

Me:
Listen up folks. It was a good game, you passed the ball around just like I want it. It needs patience, but as you saw, if we control the game and play as a team, the result will come. Good job everyone.

February 1st 2012, at home....

I had been in fever for the last 2 days and so I missed our West Brom game, which according to Alan Curtis, didnt go too well. The lads lost 0 - 2 at The Hawthorns. The loss doesnt hurt a lot as West Brom have been literally in flames this season, occupying 4th place. I couldnt watch the game as it didnt came from TV, but what Alan told me, we were having hard time getting on their half as West Brom covered the passing lines pretty good. It doesnt worry me much as it sometimes just happens. The players need to work harder for the result, hopefully that game showed it to them..

The next game will be on Saturday, February 4th. I hope to be able to join the folks, but I gave Alan instructions as to what to do in training. Lets hope Im healthy enough before Saturday knocks on the door....

More to follow...

Last edited:
Chapter II

February 4th 2012, Liberty Stadium, 2.57 PM

My first Premier league game as Manager. I was anxious, but I knew this wouldnt be easy match - Sunderland is always a tough challenge and they do have some serious players, yet I was confident that if my players stick to the game plan, it would all go well....

Later....

Spectator:
This is it, a surprise result as Swansea City demolish Sunderland 4 - 1. Even the cameras show how pleased Swansea City's new manager, Bob Rockwall is, having celebrated the victory with the substitutes. Sunderland players cant do nothing but blame themselves as Swansea City takes the 3 points home. Thanks for joining us here on Liberty Stadium, this is Jack Hammer saying good night.

February 11th, Liberty Stadium, 5.00 PM

Spectator: The referee has blew his whistle for the last time in this Match. Swansea City record a fine win over Norwich with 3 goals to 1. Goals from Sigurösson, Monk and Dyer help Swansea City's cause to avoid relegation....

February 19th, Sporting news broadcast..

News reporter: And now to the latest football news. FA Cup 5th Round saw Swansea City qualify for the 6th round of the competition as they won Walsall 2 -0. Swansea City brushed Walsall aside as they controlled the whole game from the first to the final whistle. 5th Round also saw a surprising win as Tottenham was cast aside by Fulham......

February 26th

Swansea City increase their winning streak to 3 after Blackburn Rovers victory

a 1 - 0 victory over Blackburn Rovers saw Swansea City climbing out of the relegation zone. The contest for the 3 points was tough, but Swansea City's hero Nathan Dyer placed the ball to an half empty net as an error from Radosav Petrovic saw Scott Sinclair take and cross the ball to Dyer. This victory signals Swans's winning streak to continue and Swansea's game has improved overally since the new manager, Bob Rockwall, took charge from their old manager, Brendan Rodgers. Swansea City's next game will be on March 4th, when they will be traveling to Wolverhampton, to face Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Present day, February 30th, Liberty Stadium, Press conference room, 3.00 PM

Tom Maynard:
David, is the camera ready? Make sure it is, they will show up any minute!

David Hedge; Yeah it is, dont worry. Oh there they come!

A big day for Swansea City fans. One of the world's most experienced goalkeepers, Timo Hildebrand, has signed for us. He's an immersive goalkeeper and I was very surprised of his decision as according to his agent, there was Werder Bremen also in the competition for his signature as he was a free agent. Nevertheless, Im glad we could pull this off. The camera's flashed as I and Timo shook hands and as he signed his contract. We also posed for the cameras with Timo Hildebrand's Swansea shirt number 30. Great day for us indeed and Im sure this will increase our sales a bit. Huw Jenkins and Timo Hildebrand answered the questions as the Chairman was heavily involved in luring Timo to Swansea, promising him wages near 1 million euros per year, but he only signed a six month deal. Im still confident that he will decide to remain with us once we have retained the Premier League spot. We just have to fight hard for it..

More to follow...

Last edited:
What??? U have one of the best gk in the world plus 2 super subs and u bye him??? Hes slightly better than tremmel and moreira but why?

What??? U have one of the best gk in the world plus 2 super subs and u bye him??? Hes slightly better than tremmel and moreira but why?
Vorm's good but not one of the best in the world

liking the story gump from a fellow jack :D

by the way, how did you come to support swansea if youre from finnish?

Hes using up the tiny wage budget, causing tremmel and moreira to be unhappy and not giving vorm as much playing time and slowing his improvment.

liking the story gump from a fellow jack :D

by the way, how did you come to support swansea if youre from finnish?

U dont need to be a fan to make a FM Story about them ;)

But still, Theyve been doing good in the Prem league this season and I like the passing game they encourage :D

Hes using up the tiny wage budget, causing tremmel and moreira to be unhappy and not giving vorm as much playing time and slowing his improvment.

If U got the idea that I used money to sign him on the story, please read again. :)