The F.A Cup Thread

last season i knew we were gonna win, i was sure, our players would give everything to get the win. against arsenal i can see us being SMASHED :(

we've got a chance, arsenal are making lots of changes apparently but tbf id take a good performance and to leave the stadium feeling proud that we had given them a game. my prediction......... 3-1 arsenal, leeds to take the lead.

2 or 3 nil to the gunners i think

this is a very winible cup in my opinion

The tickets sold out quicker than most EPL games. Quite interesting.

Arsenal-Leeds coming live on television here, me likey! Becchio and Gradel to score in a 2-0 Leeds win.

Not sure I want a Leeds win against Arsenal tomorrow, especially after what happened last year with the players becoming too big for their boots. As long as we give a good performance and don't get raped I'll be happy. That said I will be going mental if we somehow win 2morrow(K)

Chelsea vs Ipswich Town 9/1/11

I usally make a new thread but because their is a FA Cup Thread and this isne't the biggest game of the weekend i thought i would post my pre-game notes here.

Venue: Stamford Bridge, Fulham, London
Date: 9/1/11 Kickoff at 15:00
Competition: FA Cup 3rd Round

Chelsea Team News:
Since his senior squad is visibly lacking confidence at present Carlo Ancelotti must be tempted to retain a few in his side to face 19th-placed Championship side Ipswich Town.

Carlo Ancelotti watched his reserves thrash Spurs 7-3 on Thursday and witnessed Daniel Sturridge, one of few bright spots at Molineux the night before, bag a hattrick after ten minutes and five goals overall. Gaël Kakuta, Josh McEachran and Patrick van Aanholt were also impressive.

Ashley Cole, the man with most FA Cup medals in the competition's history (six) may vacate left-back in favour of Van Aanholt.

Ipswich Team News:
In midweek, much like Chelsea, Ipswich slumped to a 0-1 loss courtesy of an eminently avoidable own goal by Damien Delaney. That made seven league defeats in nine for Town. They also have the distraction of a home semi-final League Cup match against Arsenal looming next Wednesday. Sacked manager Roy Keane played 4-5-1 on occasion this season, but most recently 4-4-2, with Rory Fallon and Jason Scotland upfront.

Goalie Marton Fulop let in ten goals with Sunderland against Chelsea last season. Their side will be weakened for the visit to west London, with several squad members ruled out. Jack Colback has returned from loan to Sunderland and the parent clubs of Fallon (Plymouth) and Darren O'Dea (Celtic) may not want them to become cup-tied. However Tottenham are allowing Jake Livermore to play. Back-up keeper Brian Murphy and midfielder Shane O'Connor were already long-term injury victims. Experienced Northern Ireland defender Gareth McAuley's damaged hamstring and a suspension for the hugely influential Grant Leadbitter, who has completed all but one of Town's league matches this season, youth may be the Ipswich's last and best resort.

Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Chelsea are unbeaten in 13 FA Cup matches. Their last defeat in the competition was at Barnsley three years ago.
  • Chelsea last lost a third round tie in 1998 when Man Utd beat them 5-3 at Stamford Bridge.
  • Salomon Kalou's next strike will be his 50th Chelsea goal.
  • Many happy returns to Michael Mancienne (23) and Jacob Mellis (20) who both celebrate their birthdays tomorrow (Saturday).
  • This is the seventh successive year Chelsea have been drawn at home in the third round to a lower division club.
  • The Blues have won two of their last 11 games in all competitions and kept one clean sheet in that time.
Ipswich Stats and Milestones:
  • Ipswich have won the FA Cup once in 1978 against Arsenal in their only final appearance.
  • Stamford Bridge was the venue in one of Town's three semi-finals when they lost 2-1 to West Ham in the replay in 1975.
  • The Tractor Boys have lost their last nine FA Cup ties against Premier League opposition spanning 15 years.
  • Ipswich have lost six of their last eight away games winning one of them.
Head to Head:
Chelsea v Ipswich Town in all competitions
Games played 44
Chelsea wins 23
Ipswich wins 9
Draws 12

Head-to-head in league and cup at Stamford Bridge
Games played 23
Chelsea wins 16
Ipswich wins 2
Draws 5

Biggest win at Stamford Bridge for each team
Chelsea 4-0 Ipswich 22/02/1964
Chelsea 2-3 Ipswich 13/10/1973, 05/05/1979

Days Since:
Chelsea lost in the FA Cup: 1,036
Ipswich won at Stamford Bridge: 11,697
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,058 (Light Humour)
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,701 (Same as above)

Ignasi Miquel , Spanish central quarry of Arsenal , was summoned today by Arsene Wenger for the commitment that his team will face tomorrow against Leeds United in the third round of the FA Cup (FA Cup) .
Usually, Ignasi Miquel, 18 years , training with the Arsenal reserves template and debuted with the first team during the last season in a friendly against Barnet , a third division club also English city of London.
Ignasi Miquel, who played with the lower echelons of the Spanish national team, arrived at Arsenal in just fifteen years and this season he has captained the reserves template.
The very Miquel said in an interview that his game is similar to the Gerard Pique Barcelona.

Spanish Paper

as the Arsenal game is on now i thought i would put this stat on here now. Arsenal have not lost in 21 games when Djorou has played for the Gunners.

Leeds playing really well at the moment Watt seems really up for it

Kasper Schmeichel channeling his father earlier, great spreadeagled save.

If Palace and Millwall (shudder) win, and Villa spank Sheffield all over the park (v. unlikely) this will be a good day.