The FA CUP 3rd Round Draw Thread 04-12-11

I dont think so. Would like to win FA cup for sure, its been so many years..

I want us to win FA Cup for sure ,I just think that if we win,it would have a lasting effect on the morale of city! And I think City haven't had the experience of being in a position where they would play 3 games in a week with every game being important!

as long as RVP doesn't play then it's an easy win for Leeds ;) right Calum?

RVP has to play otherwise its Chamakh and or Park :( :( :'( :'(

precisely :p gotta make sure Walcott doesn't dive again :p (and not get a penatly again :p) the fact you haven't won a cup in so long will make our victory all the more beautiful ;)

Last 2 times Chelsea faced Pompey in the FA Cup we went on to win the trophy them season, 1997 and 2010.

Chelsea vs Pompey last 18 meetings in all comps. Won:17 Drew:1 Lost:0

18 of Chelsea's last 23 FA Cup draws have been at home, 17 of the 23 to non-PremierLeague teams.

All 3rd round ties since 2005 have been drawn at home

4) Dagenham & Redbridge or Walsall v Millwall. Imagine if D&G win and they end up playing Millwall at Victoria road!?

I couldn't imagine what our streets would be like down here.

Newcastle should take revenge over Blackburn. At least we should try to win this cup, it's the only silver we can win this year.

forest vs leicester is always a good game- hopefully forest can improve to give them a test

Loved the excitment of the 3rd round draw [and most of the time, the eventual dissapointment] now we never seem to be in it, maybe next year :'(

Fulham away, ****. If they play their second team I think we can cause them problems. Play their first team (or near enough), and they will have too much quality for us, although I don't think we'll lay down with the amount of confidence the team has atm.

Andy Johnson and Danny Murphy are sure to get some stick from our fans, so they are bound to score if they play, although I doubt they will.

Fulham away, ****. If they play their second team I think we can cause them problems. Play their first team (or near enough), and they will have too much quality for us, although I don't think we'll lay down with the amount of confidence the team has atm.

Andy Johnson and Danny Murphy are sure to get some stick from our fans, so they are bound to score if they play, although I doubt they will.

Didn't Murphy play for Charlton?

Woo! Not a bad draw for Arsenal nor Southampton, to be honest. It could have been a lot worse so I'm chuffed that both of my favourite teams have got good draws. I was actually getting worried that there was going to be a hard game for both of the sides, but luckily we (Arsenal) have pulled out an easy draw - Leeds United at home is not exactly difficult, although we need to be on alert.

Robert Snodgrass is a bit of a threat, but if we play some decent youngsters or just decent defenders, we should be able to deal with them. Knowing Arsène Wenger, though, he will play a poor side and we will just edge it. I hope some of our promising youngsters get a chance, such as Ryo Miyiachi, Emmanuel Frimpong, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Carl Jenkinson - it will help the team overcome Leeds (who can be tricky to beat, as Manchester United discovered a couple of years ago) and also give the youngsters a bit more first team experience.

Southampton's draw, against Coventry, should be fairly easy too - especially considering that Coventry's key players (Marlon King and Kieran Westwood) have left this summer and the fact that they are in 24th (last) and struggling the nPower Championship. Southampton, on the other hand, are top and running away from the chasing pack (with the exception of West Ham United) and S'thampton know they're on a roll. They should really take this seriously, as it will do them a lot of good in terms of finance and reputation and they have the potential to maybe, just maybe, go all the way!

Looking forward to the latest round of this prestigious trophy, though, especially with the Manchester Derby (which I'm tipping Manchester City to win), Newcastle United against Blackburn Rovers and the East Midlands Derby (Nottingham Forest against Leicester City). But in all fairness, the 'bigger' teams should easily get through this round, and the only 'big' game in this round is Manchester City against Manchester United. To be honest, I'm looking forward to the fact the FA Cup has 'started' again, rather than the games in it (although technically it started quite a while ago, but this is when everyone recognises it's started). Come on you Gunners!

wouldn't sound too confident Yak, although you are easily the favourites we were a few minutes from winning at the Emirates last season ;) Should be a good match