"The FA Cup with Budweiser"

Are you happy with a Beer sponsoring the FA Cup?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Really couldnt care less!

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters

CJACKO11

Reaction score
The FA Cup will be sponsored by Budweiser for the next three years, the Football Association has confirmed. The world's oldest knock-out competition will now officially be known as 'The FA Cup with Budweiser'.

FA general secretary Alex Horne believes the partnership can help take the FA Cup "to the next level" in its global reach. Horne said: "We are extremely pleased to have secured an iconic brand such as Budweiser to be the lead partner of the FA Cup. "Like the FA Cup, Budweiser has a proud heritage and a long history of being involved in football. "Furthermore, given the global reach of this sponsorship we will see the FA Cup promoted around the world like never before, which is great for the fans and the players.
Much-loved competition

"The FA Cup is already a much-loved competition around the world and we look forward to building on that passion with Budweiser. "It is very important to take the FA Cup to the next level. It is a massively cherished competition. "We believe it has a real global reach. That is why we are so pleased to have signed up with a global partner."

Budweiser, who replace E.on as the lead sponsors, have agreed with the FA for fans to vote for the official man of the match, a role usually reserved for commentators.
Last season's FA Cup final, won by Manchester City was played on the same day as a full Premier League programme.

FA chairman David Bernstein is hopeful of avoiding that situation next May. "We want to get the competition back to having a day to itself and we are in talks with the Premier League to make sure that happens. We are hopeful that will be the case," said Bernstein.

the winners should have to drink budwesier out of the cup :D

we now have the carling cup and the Budweiser FA Cup

we love our beer sponsorships here dont we ;)

Could be a lot lot worse. FA Cup sponsered by Heineken.
Not bothered though tbh

Really don't give a **** on the matter. If they are willing to pay then it is all good.

As long as it isn't changed to the Bud' Cup (which it won't be) then it really doesn't bother me or probably anyone else.

Its alright but way to gassy.

Definately. Gauranteed if I have say half a bottle of Bud (and Stella) and i'm gettin wrong off the missus for producing some pretty incredible belching. Some of it doesn't even sound human at times!

Meh, why not? We've got the Carling Cup as it is.

Don't mind, Bud's not bad.

Sounded better with E-ON but meh, whatever. The F.A. Cup's the F.A. Cup, no matter who sponsers it.

I don't mind, don't care much for bud as a drink tbh...

The FA Cup, sponsored by Apple Sourz.

I much prefer that :(