The fallen captain..

Gooner12

Reaction score
Im Arsenal in 2013. Cesc Fabregas has been captain since I took over, leading the club to two fa cup wins and one premier league win, also winning player of the year in 2011 and runner up in 2012 ( RVP won it ). Anyways, hes always been a great player and never had problems, but this season his form has dropped considerabely even though he still managed to get us 14 assists. The real problem is that my backroom staff is saying that Fabregas isnt suited to be captain... and that Clichy or Sagna should be. Does that mean I should change him, or just give him time to come back ? He is 26.

Ive also considered selling him since if his career goes downhill from here I will lose on a LOT of potential money for him. However he IS a legend at Arsenal now.

bite the bullet and make some else captain

Do not change captain during the season. Do it when it asks you at the beginning of a season. It disprupts hrmony at the team. IF you feel the need to change, do it, but look at some attributes like determination, and influence, maybe even aggression.

I guess what im asking is, if his price dropped from 25.6 to 17.5 mil in half a season, is that a considerabely worrying thing or should I just keep things the same ? Ive challenged for the title all season and am 3 points behind United in first with 3 games left.

I think stat wise he is still quite brilliant..

quel horreur - Fab performing badly! Wait 'till end of season me thinks - good luck

Try out someone else ; Sagna over Clichy

I was actually thinking of making Nordtveidt captain.. He is young but he is actually one of the most mentally tough players in my squad.

Could you just not play him and use sub-captain till end of season?

use the player interaction to boost his morale

you should try keeping him as the official captain for teh rest of the season but hand the armband around untill you find somone who you think will be a good replacement for the start of the new season.