Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

The Fernando Torres injury story

Reaction score
How Fernando Torres is still at Liverpool FC just amazes me sometimes.

Reaction score
Lad who posted the thing up on the ofal forums is full of ****.

He's taken a few things with an element of truth in them and tried to put them together into one coherent whole as if he's an ITK. Even his assertions of people in the club talking to him are wrong on a number of levels.

The Aquilani stuff is totally wrong. Not in just minor details but in the big ones.

The Torres story has an element of truth over Rafa not trusting the accuracy of the medical staff. Torres' injury was the tipping point and why Bruckner was brought in. There'd been too many things not diagnosed accurately or early enough (eg Kewell's injuries) and so it's understandable.

Otherwise, nice stories and about as accurate and informed as a Dan Brown novel. ;)

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh ok Zeb cheers! i dont visit the Liverpool forums just saw this posted on twitter.

Reaction score
How Fernando Torres is still at Liverpool FC just amazes me sometimes.
Me too... he still should have his best years in front of him. But who will buy him now? Feel bad for him..

I bet he would leave for a better club if he got the chance...if no1 wants/can afford him now, he is stuck there.