kallemannen

Reaction score
Hello

If anyone here is familiar with the Fifa series franchise (football game) which I guess most of you are, you will know that for a long time, the 4-1-2-1-2 was insanley OP and was used by every single pace abusing kid out there...
Fifa 16 finally made more central formations the best, but we still remember this 4-1-2-1-2 and the through ballers that used this form

The reason was cause, Fifa being the unrealistic arcade game it is, made this formation perfect cause it kinda created a 5-0-5 formation which made counterattacking efficient...

Its funny cause what teams play this formation IRL? I mean, in Italy 4-3-1-2 is very popular but its with 3 CM
having the wingers really being wingers cant be very common, never seen it IRL tbh

Well, this formation doesnt play at all like that, but here is the formation on FM, not the most usual formation you see around here

This formation plays possession football

I guess you could call it a 5-3-2, or a 4-1-3-2, most likley a 4-1-3-2 is how it performs ingame.

Download here: Kallemannen - 4-1-2-1-2_0FCB442F-B755-4C18-A22F-EE18FB03CAF0

-------------------------------------------------

How to Use:
Defence positioning

I also reccomend getting a formation with 5 midfielders for european play, just saw TFF releasing a 3-5-2 tactic so it could be suitable for tougher games and europe

Spam the "get creative shout" this tactic doesnt create the most chances but get loads of possession in offensive third

Use corners from Mazuma (Big thanks to mazuma) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-tactics/350036-corners-11-goals-23-games.html

The corner setup should be in the tactic otherwise check that thread, DL , DR takes corners
Corner setup is short which has been nerfed in the latest patches but still work a little

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players:

Ideal player for AMC would probably oscar in chelsea, work rate and defence
try to get wingers with passing teamwork and vision
False 9 also with teamwork, passing

View attachment 214536View attachment 214535View attachment 214534View attachment 214533View attachment 214532

ohh ****, it looks like one of the old wide diamond tactics back from good old fm05 - now i just got to get the game :)

ohh ****, it looks like one of the old wide diamond tactics back from good old fm05 - now i just got to get the game :)

I didnt play back then but yeah, its one weird formation

But such a fun squad to build imo
When playing it with CMs it gets a bit boring, you have to buy all these Central mids, now u got wingers as well, amc and a striker couple

Defence and CCC creation could be improved
I always play with 5 man in midfield usually, so I dont think this formation works that good in europe

a good idea could be to use a 5 man midfield in europe and this in the league

ohh I played back in the cm01/02 on pc, cm italia '95 and premier manager 1 to 3 on ye old Amiga cdtv and A500 :)

that wide diamond is a bit of an odd shape, but could be fun if it could work though.

that screen shot, quite insane amount of shots on goal without getting anything from it - I hope that is a beta thing only or it's gonna be a tough/sad FM year, getting FMed that much o.o

that screen shot, quite insane amount of shots on goal without getting anything from it - I hope that is a beta thing only or it's gonna be a tough/sad FM year, getting FMed that much o.o

have never experinced anything like this, but FM is ******** you over a lot this year
I think this is even another step towards ending the plug n play era
I lost with bayern to some **** team with TFFS latest tactic fully fluid (used as 3rd tactic)
then also lost with this one to a **** team after 13 straight wins

yeah i just read your post in fm16 discussion thread, can't really judge it, as i havn't got my hands on the game or beta yet, but if SI games really want to end the plug n play era, they may have scored in their own goal so to speak, as many of the casual gamers who wants to play and win, without adjusting stuff for half an hour between every match, might just quit playing because they lack the skill or the time to adjust everything and that may kill the fun for them if they have to struggle just to get some fun(vitories, throphys) with their favorite club, regardless of it's Man utd or Brøndby or a smaller local club.

I know that i'm not a tactics wizzard anymore, and may lack the time to do a ton of small adjustments between games, so for me it would be a bit sad, if plug n play tactics wont work as well anymore, as i've had a lot of fun with your, CEs, TFFs, Mr.Ls and alot of other ppls tactics.

Small adjustments can be difficult ingame, but they are not a requirement.
You can instead adapt every game and this year you get really good tactical advise
I just sat up a countering structured 4-4-2 with everton, beat chelsea away, then the report suggested Crystal Palace could be brought down with a 4-3-3 so I played a patient game with 4-3-3 and won

its not hard to get into that thinking

But I think that is boring cause u have to change formation all the time

IRL, most manager plays one form for atleast 60-70 % of their games and base their squad around that form
thats what I wanna do, not change tactic every game