The Fifa World Cup ¦ Where Dreams Become Reality

Proscon

Reaction score
2m4r3u8.jpg

Fifa World Cup Where Dreams Become Reality

Since the beginning of the footballing generation there has always been just one team that were head and shoulders above the rest. Uruguay and Italy started off as the best footballing nations way back in the 1930's and 50's and at this time, it was the norm seeing teams like Hungary and Sweden compete in the Finals. But then Brazil improved their team over the early years and won the trophy twice, in 1958 and 1962 to establish themselves on the big scene. England then spoilt their hat trick of titles after beating West Germany in an unforgettable final back in 1966, a match which no Englishman or woman will forget. Argentina even joined in on the act in 1978 as they lifted the World Cup in their home Country. The tradition of the home Nation winning it when hosted was then ended for 20 years, that was until the French become the seventh different Country to win the most prestigious tournament of them all after winning and hosting the 1998 World Cup. Italy then captured the trophy for a fourth time in 2006 as Spain were crowned as the eight different winner in 2010 after beating Holland who were participating in their third final, ironically, they haven't won one yet.

Any comments before I put up my next update?

I'm saying this because the next update will get straight into the story so I don't want to post it up if nobody is even reading! :p

C+C welcomed. I've done this story on a different forum numerous times now to great success so I hope you'll all love it and be a part of it! :)

Interested to see what you're doing with it because you've just written some history so far...

looks decent, but actually put something up regarding your team, etc. not the world cup in general

looks decent, but actually put something up regarding your team, etc. not the world cup in general

I don't have a 'team' as such. This story is from a different point of view. Hopefully you'll all love it.

I'll have an update up very soon, watch this space! :)

Maybe give him a chance to update more rather than telling him what to do with His story.

I don't have a 'team' as such. This story is from a different point of view. Hopefully you'll all love it.

I'll have an update up very soon, watch this space! :)
ok, sounds good , hopefully next update will be great

149px-Kuwait_FA.png

The Kuwaiti national football are not a nation that you would expect to be naturally gifted at football, nor are they a nation which you'd expect to get to the World Cup Finals. However, they garnered world attention at the 1982 World Cup where they marched off the pitch in protest after a goal was given to France whilst Kuwait had stopped play. The goal was chalked off some moments later and Kuwait took to the field to restart from where they left off. Kuwait left the 1982 World Cup with one point, earned against Czechoslovakia after two losses against both England and France saw them finish bottom of the pile in Group 4. The 1982 World Cup was a stepping stone for Kuwait as they finished 3rd in the Asian Cup just two years later. Kuwait also went on to win 6 Gulf Cups from 1982 onwards and through this period, they rose to 24th in the World in December 1998.

Despite their success, it was all small scale with nothing to show for their troubles overseas and in the big competitions where it actually mattered. Then, along came the qualification for the 2014 Fifa World Cup. Kuwait had a high enough world ranking to avoid the first round of qualification as they slotted into the second round with a two leg tie against Kyrgyzstan between themselves and the third round of qualification. Kuwait managed to make light work of Kyrgyzstan in both legs as they advanced to the Third Round of qualifying.

Kuwaiti expectations were lower as they normally bow out at this stage and expectations became even lower when they were placed in a group with Australia, Yemen and Turkmenistan. However, despite this, Kuwait got off to a good start with wins against Turkmenistan and Yemen to put them joint top with 4 games remaining and with the top two teams from each group advancing to the final round. The Aussies easily navigated past Kuwait with a 3-0 scoreline but Kuwait bounced back with a 3-0 win of their own, this time over Turkmenistan. Another win in the next game against Yemen almost sealed their position in the next round as Australia faulted against Turkmenistan and could only muster a draw. In the last match day, Kuwait pulled off the shock of the whole of round three as they beat Australia to top their group with 15 points from a possible 18 with Australia 2 further points behind them. Kuwait were into the final round of Asian WCQ for only the second time in their history as they searched for their second World Cup appearance.

Just a quick note to everybody..

I am NOT Kuwait in my game. I've actually NOT got a team in this save and I don't plan on having one.

The update on Kuwait is just to tell you all about one team who is excelling in qualification for the World Cup.

Don't worry, the story will soon kick into life once the teams that have qualified for the World Cup have sealed their fate. :)

If you're reading then please comment, it really helps and motivates me to add and continue this! :)

I am following and I'm not telling you how to run your own story but why don't you have your own team?

I am following and I'm not telling you how to run your own story but why don't you have your own team?

I don't have my own team because it's more interesting for you guys and for me if I don't have a team. That way, you guys don't get to addicted or biased to one team for mthe very beginning and it gives for more open comments instead of all the comments being about my team. Once I've put the next update you'll all get into it more, keep reading and commenting guys!

What do you all think about Kuwait's challenge this year? Could they make it?

Argentina.png
Australia.png
Austria.png
Belgium.png
Bosnia%20&%20Herzegovina.png
Brazil.png
Cameroon.png
Canada.png
Chile.png
Czech%20Republic.png
Ecuador.png
England.png
France.png
Netherlands.png
Honduras.png
Iran.png
Italy.png
Cote%20d'Ivoire.png
Japan.png
Mexico.png
Morocco.png
Paraguay.png
Portugal.png
Qatar.png
Romania.png
Russian%20Federation.png
South%20Africa.png
South%20Korea.png
Switzerland.png
Tunisia.png
Ukraine.png
Uruguay.png

32 Nations were at the World Cup Group Stage draw in Dubai earlier today and only a few were to leave happy as the Groups for Brazil's World Cup were announced along with the full list of all thirty two qualifying Nations.

Group A
was started by the hosts, Brazil, who have been drawn alongside Ukraine who knocked out the reigning champions in the play-off after finishing behind England in their group. The second team to be drawn into Group A was Ivory Coast who only just topped their African qualification group on the last day ahead of Benin, in the play-off, Ivory Coast came from 2-0 down in the first leg to beat Mali 3-2 on aggregate to get to the World Cup. The last team in Group A are first-timers, Qatar. Qatar made it here by finishing 3rd in the first or two Asian qualification groups, they then beat UAE in the Asian play-off before beating Jamaica in another play-off.

Group B
was drawn with Romania who amazed Europe by topping their group ahead of both Holland and Turkey comfortably. Uruguay were also drawn into Group B after a good South American qualification showing. Cameroon are the third team in Group B as they beat Nigeria 7-0 on aggregate in the African play-off after smashing past Angola in their group. Canada complete the Group B line-up marking only their second ever appearance at the World Cup. The Canadians got here by finishing well in North American qualifying behind Mexico.

Group C
saw the arrival of Italy who chalked up 25 points from a possible 30 during qualifying. Russia were also drawn alongside their fellow Europeans after they came second behind Portugal in their group but managed to beat Serbia on penalties in the play-off. The third team in Group C are South Korea who topped their qualification group with ease to get here. Morocco are the final team in Group C and their path here was also simple as they remained unbeaten during all of qualification even though they had to face a tricky Burkina Faso side in the play-off.

Group D contains Portugal who topped their group ahead of Russia with ease. Mexico will join Portugal in Group D after they also finished top of their qualification group. Bosnia will become first-timers along with Qatar after the Bosnians finished first in their qualification group ahead of Slovakia. Paraguay are the last team in Group D as they hope to replicate their 2010 performance. The Paraguayans had an awful start but a run of wins in their last few games saw them put into the play-off where they demolished the Solomon Islands to book their place in Brazil.

Group E plays host to France who finished ahead of Spain in the most trickiest group in European Qualifying. Ecuador stunned South America in qualifying as they topped the group ahead of both Uruguay and Argentina to get into Group E. Tunisia are also in Group E after six wins from six in their group and a play-off victory over Algeria. Belgium finish Group E off as dark horses after beating Serbia, Wales and Scotland to top spot in qualifying.

Group F looks like a poor group from first inspection but England will hope that a good qualification will put them in good stead. Iran join England in the Group after gaining automatic qualification from Asia. Chile waited till the last day to leapfrog Peru into an automatic spot in South America as Peru missed out altogether after a good final day performance from Paraguay. Austria could be a team to look out for after they made Sweden and Germany to look average in their European qualification group in which Germany failed to gain a play-off spot.

Group G
contains Argentina who were surprised by Ecuador in South American qualifying as they had to settle for second in the group. Japan are also in Group G after a safe passage from their Asian group. Honduras will be glad to be at the World Cup once again and especially so after a terrible start saw them only just gain an automatic spot ahead of Jamaica late on. The final team in Group G are the Czech Republic who convincingly beat Slovakia in the play-off in Europe.

Group H hosts top seed Holland who had to beat Sweden in the play-off as they were beaten to first by Romania in their group. Australia are also on the plane to Brazil after an easy passage from Asia despite a less than impressive third round performance. Switzerland had the easiest route to the World Cup from all the teams that qualified as they finished a huge ten points ahead of Cyprus in qualifying. South Africa are the last team out of the hat as they shockingly put Senegal out in the play-off after six wins from six in their group.

Honourable Mention

An honourable mention goes to the Solomon Islands who were beaten in the play-off against Paraguay after topping the group in Oceania ahead of New Zealand. Mali and Burkina Faso both nearly got first time appearances at the World Cup but were beaten in the play-off after putting up little fight. UAE were beaten by Qatar in the first of two play-offs for Asian teams whilst Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain both got to the final round of qualifying in Asia. North American qualifying saw Jamaica and Costa Rica almost make a comeback to the WC, Costa Rica pipped USA to second place in the third round of qualifying as the Americans were left shocked. Finally, Peru were literally into the World Cup with one game to play as they just needed one point but a defeat in the last match-day and a win for both Chile and Paraguay saw the Peruvians lose out altogether in South American qualifying.

Any thoughts?

Who do you think will do well? Who are you surprised to see here and who are you surprised not to see?