The First Possession Tactic That WORK! Unbelievable Results!

awalker14

Reaction score
18/01/13

changes:
-added home, away and an underdog tactic
-made changes on players tackling and marking
-now only use these shouts: "hassle opponents" and "Work ball into box"
-slightly different opponent instructions:
back 4 mark tightly, always close down and show onto weak foot (you can also do this for keeper)
everyone els - always close down and show onto weak foot and when playing teams who play direct then use mark tightly aswel
-we now also keep possession a little better!

View attachment 301629 - Home
View attachment 301630 - Away (Limited testing)
View attachment 301631 - I use against team who play football or against teams with an strong midfield (limited testing)

For those who like to play 4-2-3-1

View attachment 301797 - After early testing iv found this tactic to be one of the best for possession and one of the best for CCC

But please use abit of sense when selecting what tactic to use in what game! And what i mean by this is if your arsenal playing away to wigan then use your home tactic! because wigan will go defensive soo you want to match that with attack. not sure if that make any sense?

Take 3 things into account when selecting which tactic to use:
-Strength of team
-how are they going to play (defensive, attacking ect ect)
-home or away

Also When playing teams who play more direct you will want to be less cautious when tackling :)

Please Note Testing has been limited on this update!

Let me know how you all get on:)

Also for those who wanted arsenal tactic then here you go, Enjoy:
View attachment 301633

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated version 8/1/13
View attachment 298590

only miner tweaks but changed the LW and RW wide play instructions to cut inside. now have more shots...
now it would be helpfull to have left footer on the RW and right footer on the LW.

Preferred Moves!

ST - places shot (dont really need anything els but you could have "tries to beat offside trap"
LW/RW - Cut inside, players one twos, looks for killer ball often and maybe runs with ball often
RCM - tries killer balls often, plays one twos, comes deep to get ball
LCM - tries killer balls often, plays one twos, come deep to get ball, plays simple passes
DM - plays simple passes, plays one twos, comes deep to get ball
LB/RB - gets forward whenever possible, plays one twos
CB - plays simple passes, stays on feet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Much testing and tweaking iv finally come up with an amazing possession tactic that works.

Soo iv tested and developed this tactic with Barcelona, Liverpool, Swansea, Charlton and derby. Iv Played over 1800 games whilst in testing and develping.

Soo after my first season using this tactic i can show and tell you that iv had some amazing results and would like to share the tactic with you.

Formation and tactics below:
View attachment 298079View attachment 298080

League table and season results below:
View attachment 298081View attachment 298097View attachment 298098View attachment 298099

Best results Of my season below:
View attachment 298100View attachment 298101View attachment 298102View attachment 298104

Transfers:
View attachment 298119

Passing from random games (included games iv lost and drawn):
View attachment 298152View attachment 298156 View attachment 298167

Passing % from random gamer and again from a win loss and a draw:
View attachment 298169View attachment 298172 View attachment 298177

Unlike alot of possession tactics i dont use defensive as my strategy instead i use control as this is more attacking minded and even tho i use control my defense is very tight which showed in my season having conceded the fewest goals.
Now the reason for this is because my tea defends as one big unit and when we lose the ball we aim to win the ball back by giving the opponent no time or space on the ball.

The thing i love about my tactic is that everyone scores. Goals breakdown below;
Connor Sammon - ST - 11 goals
Will Hughes - RW - 10 goals
Arismendi - DM - 9 goals
Jamie Ward - LW, RW and ST - 8 goals
Richard Keogh - CB - 8 goals
Mason Bennet - LW - 7 goals
Paul Courts - CM - 7 goals
Dean moxey - LB - 6 goals
Craig bryson - CM - 5 goals
Mark oBrian - CB - 4 goals
Jeff Henderick - CM 4 goals
John brayford - RB - 4 goals
Frank fielding - GK - 2 goals! (both from inside my own half)!

soo as you can see the whole teams shares the goals!

There are two very crucial things that make this work and that is the Opponent instructions and match shouts:

Opponents instructions:
back line - all mark tightly and close down quickly
everyone els - close down quick and show onto weaker foot

Shouts:
Retain Possession
Play ball to feet
play out of defense
play through defense
look for overlap
hassle opponents

Please note if you dont have the right players this tactic simply wont work! Also if your playing a much better team don't expect to have all the possession because it just wont happen!

P
itch size
:standard
Training: very high fitness untill 1 week before season then average attacking
Match prep: Teamwork

tactic below:
View attachment 298123

The only thing i would like with this tactic is an away version as during my season i gained 52 points at home and only 40 points away.
Iv tried to make an away tactic but keep failing! soo if you want to have a crack feel free and let me know:)

Enjoy and please let me know how you get on:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feed back soo far...

It's an amazing tactic that works great with DLP who have the play simple short passes preferred move. I've used two version of this tactic. In the second I switched the DMC with a AMC so it was more attacking.

i had good results with this tactic, recommend everyone to at least give it a go

I'm currently using this tactic with Brighton and it's not too bad.. Considering I have a pretty poor squad that should be around mid-table, we're currently 6th after 16 games with a game in hand on all of those around us. Tbf, the tactic does suit Brighton as they are a passing side but some of the players are just not good enough to play this way. The only players I've brought in are: Michael Keane, Korey Smith, Steven Mouyokolo, Dani Pacheco, & Nick Powell on loan, I've also signed Salif Diao on a free.

The most important position, IMO, is goalkeeper.. I'm lucky because my goalkeeper is probably my best player and because of that he has only conceded 16 in 16 and has an average rating of 7.20 - which isn't bad considering my defence is pretty awful. You also need a very good striker, Craig Makail-Smith is gash and is nowhere near the player you need for this role, even Pacheco struggles to play it.. My current top scorers (Vicente & Orlandi) have 4 each, so if you're hoping for a high scoring tactic, look elsewhere!

So yeah, so far so good.. If this tactic can achieve me promotion I'll be very happy! If your board are pressuring you to play possesion (like mine were) then give this tactic a go.. I have had the most possesion in every match so far (I think) even in the ones I have lost. However my side draw far too often, we've only lost twice all season in the league (Away at Sheff Wed, & Away at Peterborough) but 50% of our games have ended in a draw.. It gets pretty frustrating when you dominate with around 60% possession but nobody can finish!

Last edited:
Got any pics of possession percentages?
Maybe analysis of passes?

isn't working so good..iv'e won with ajax FC Bayern but they had better possession and they didn't beat me because i had lucky..

isn't working so good..iv'e won with ajax FC Bayern but they had better possession and they didn't beat me because i had lucky..
Surely you aren't judging a tactic on one game??

So basiclly, in a game where you did not perform well, you beat a world class opponent :D

try this tactic over a period of time... your team needs to learn the tactic first

is the st,aml and rcm supposed to be swapping positions ?

i don't expect it to work so fast i did it after a few games and i just wanted to mention one game.

Why is all my squad changing positions? Striker went to attacking right midfield, all just messed up and keeps doing so?

its meant to happen! your LW and LCM should be changing aswel as your RCM and DM

Anyone having results above expectations with this?

Also, anyone know what the results are like if ST is dropped to AMC?

It's an amazing tactic that works great with DLP who have the play simple short passes preferred move. I've used two version of this tactic. In the second I switched the DMC with a AMC so it was more attacking.

Anyone having results above expectations with this?

Also, anyone know what the results are like if ST is dropped to AMC?

I've tried it and youlle have more possession but there's almost no chance of you winning