lawlufc

Reaction score
“Your giving me the job!? What!? Why!?”
View attachment 54392
“We loved your vision for the club” The chairman replied, flashing a confident, corporate smile

I said I wanted to win the champions league with The Beavers, I was joking. This whole application was a joke.
Exasperated, I stammer “I-I can’t do this I’m not ready for this”
View attachment 54391
I really wasn’t.

“Too late now Rob, I’ve already sent the news to the press, here’s tomorrows headline for the local paper ready to go”
View attachment 54390
Everything became a lot clearer.
My only expectation is to avoid relegation, this club has nothing going on, I guess they saw a PR opportunity.
The chairman, sensing my realisation, leans in. “I’ll give you ten games, let’s see how it goes”
“…………ok”
This is my only chance to get my dream job, I’m going to take it.
I don’t deserve it.
I avoid the press, I’m a story in the national back pages, not THE story, apparently Raheem Sterling went paintballing, but I’m a story.
Right, let’s get down to business, lets earn this.

-------

Hey, I’m Robert, and I figured I’d try writing one of these FM stories with a twist. Why the lgbt angle? Well I am bisexual, happily in a relationship with a man for over a year and I figured it would be an interesting angle to start and FM journeyman save with. Hope you enjoy! :)

Pre-Season

View attachment 54357
I'm still not prepared, so I immediately hit the books to start with.
View attachment 54356
Next, affiliate myself with a big club, maybe they can help me through this first season with some talent.

Signings:
View attachment 54355
Darnelle Bailey-King: Not my best, signed him before I had any scouts. But he's pacy, an ok backup.
View attachment 54354
Mitchell Duggan: Same story, again good physicals, to the bench you go. (Also a bit of a personal fave, I ended up taking him to Qingdao in China with me from Tranmere in FM 16)
View attachment 54353
Josh O'Keefe: Bought from Chorley, good all rounder to be part of squad rotation.
View attachment 54352
Sam Finley: Signed from AFC Fylde, A good BWM to win the ball in center mid for us
View attachment 54351
George Rigg: Signed from Bath, not as good as I would have liked but is probably ok as our strating RB for a season.
View attachment 54350
Curits Peters: On loan from Bradford, a good player for this division with some technical ability which is rather rare in the lower leagues. The 18 year old has also been made captain, we have no good leaders.

Final Squad:
View attachment 54349
We have a decent first team but serious depth issues, especially if lone striker Crawford gets injured, leaving a youth player with the burden of filling his shoes.

Tactics:
RL: Alright Finley, welcome to the club tell me what you can do
Finley: Alright boss I'm a great Mezzala, a good carrileo...
RL: (what the **** is he saying what am I gonna do!? Massala!?)
Finley:...Ball Winning Midfielder as well
RL; YES! YES THAT ONE um I mean yes you'll be slotting into the team as our Ball Winning Midfielder
View attachment 54348
Hoof the ball towards their goal and close them down cause I heard Jurgen Klopp say that on Sky Sports and everyone seems to like him.
Note: ask what Mezzala and Carrileo is in class

Pre-season Results:
Chertsey 2-3: H&R: 2-1 down to Chertsey and I can already see my short-lived career ending. Luckily, Crawford and Finley bail me out to let me keep what little respect I have
H&R 0-0 Blackpool: How about that!? Good display lead to a boring draw against far superior opposition
H&R 1-2 Colchester: And we nearly doubled that peformance but Colchester score a last minute penalty.
Walton an Hersham 1-4 H&R: Goals from Kretzschmar, Crawford and Jolley give us the routine win.

Biggest plus:
NO INJURIES, HALLELUJAH. This squad cannot take any injuries, especially to key players. Everyone's fit and ready to go.

Biggest Negative:
None of the players respect me, Every player I asked to do anything regarding actions such as tutoring, youth and senior squad, refused. They don't want to take orders from a 22 year old with no qualifications. All bar star striker Harry Crawford, thus immediately making him my favorite and someone who I will stick behind no matter what this season. Looks like I'm going to have to give a lot of my orders and philosophies through qualified assistant manager Ashley Hoskin this season.

First Game

View attachment 54347
The first game, away at East Thurrock. Not quite the dazzling start I had in mind but still, this is it, my first game as a football manager.

Attendance: 394 (80 away)

An announcement is made over the tannoy expressing the clubs wishes to support my decision followed by a round of applause from the fans. I awkwardly raise my hand to acknowledge them, while in my mind I'm still feeling completely out of place, undeserving of this opportunity.

Here we go, the first match: It's the sixth tier, both clubs play route one the full 90. We make the most chances, but with the final 10 minutes to go we're 2-1 down when I hear it. The obscenity every person worries about hearing. I was ready for it, I knew it would happen eventually. it's only one person, middle aged, bald, and he's not supported by any fans outside the mate he made the remark to. I don't respond to it.

86th minute: Another ball is hit long and it falls to Harry Crawford, the one man who's supported me so far, and he slots away his second of the match for us to equalize. I lose myself in the moment, both fists clenched screaming YEEEEEEEES through gritted teeth, looking in the direction of the man who shouted at me.

Full Time. East Thurrock 2-2 H&R
View attachment 54346
My first point as a professional manager in my first game, we probably deserved to win as well. I tell the lads I'm happy with the performance and head home.
View attachment 54345
The beginning of a New Era.

Lets have a quick look at the star man, King Harry Crawford
View attachment 54344
Again, very much an all rounder who looks like a leading man for this division, willing to work while having a decent finish on him as clearly shown by the two in his first match.

10 Games in

View attachment 54206
Maybe this management business isnt that hard after all!
10 games in, the predicted relegation candidates are in a playoff fight. Do I expect this to continue? maybe. Is it down to me? probably not. I still let Hoskin do the team talks, they definitely listen to him more than me still. However, with results going our way, the lads definitely seem a lot more supportive in terms of the club rather than the initial worry I could see that they had joined a publicity stunt. To be honest though, this is still the sixth tier, and as far as Im concerned there are only three players who truly matter at the club right now: King Harry Crawford up front and wingers Christian Jolley and Shaun Mcauley. The other 8 are just there to make sure we don't concede too many. We smash it up there, one of the three gathers the ball and shoots or crosses, happy days!
View attachment 54196
Another draw to start with, we are definitely as good as our opponents in this division, it really is just a case of who takes their chances
View attachment 54195
And we took our chances here, great to see the youth striker Shadrac Malembe (great name) having to be backup to Crawford coming on and scoring on his professional debut.
View attachment 54194
We're gonna win the league! We're gonna win the league!
View attachment 54193
Or not. We had maybe more chances than Braintree in this match, it really showed me you cant trust your defense at this level and just have to try and score more than your opponents, cant shut up shop
View attachment 54192
OOOOO HARRY CRAWFORDS MAGIC HE WEARS A MAGIC HAT
View attachment 54191
A rare boring 1-0, nothing to mention
View attachment 54190
As you've probably noticed by now, Mcauley, Jolley and Crawford are teh consistent goalscorers, the ball goes out to the wing we cross it in and one of the three is hopefully there to slot it away
View attachment 54189
Lee Barnard and Shaun Batt at this level is hardly fair, this was the Southend front line a few years ago they've fallen badly I guess
View attachment 54188
"Robert Lawleys red and blue army" first time I heard that chant from the supporters. I think I've gotten their respect. This is the start I needed.

As such, the abuse has already gone down to a minimal. I might hear the occasional drunk fan say something but Im no longer a story and we're winning. I'm actually doing it.

Key players:
View attachment 54187
Mcauley might be a bit old at 30 for the wings but he's still got enough pace and the ability to beat his man with his footwork.
View attachment 54186Jolley looks like another leading player for this division, his pace is leaving players unable to stop him beating them and getting the cross in and he's got the flair and technicals to do so consistently

Biggest Concern:
The fear of injury hampering the team will always be there this season and I'm also worried I could soon face a revolt from the bench players as I've not had to fiddle with the first team at all so far. But overall, nothing to complain about so far.

Harry Crawford for Ireland!

A very good start considering you were supposed to be in a relegation scrap! KIU

Grew up in that part of London - could be interesting to follow.

What is going on!?

View attachment 54096
We won seven in a row...SEVEN IN A ROW
Granted, a lot of them were FA Cup matches, but still. What a start! Safety is almost guaranteed given the normal 45 points required and were in the first round of the FA Cup. Losing two in a row with the last two games is maybe a worrying sign though.
View attachment 54095
First piece of tactical news, Wassmer and Wynter weren't working well together so Cook has been moved into the first team replacing Wassmer who now goes to the bench.
View attachment 54094
Cook looks OK for this division apart from his marking which is horrid. I can see him getting caught out a lot this season.

View attachment 54093
Seemingly the typical sixth tier match, balls over the top catching both teams out with Mcauley finishing everyting for us
View attachment 54092
Easy win against Clapton in the cup allowing me to play the backup side with Crawford getting a hat-trick before coming off at half-time.
View attachment 54091
Raced to a 3-0 lead then the whole team seemed to switch off, sometimes this formation allows teams to get back into games we should have safe and the players seem to switch off a lot becoming complacent.
View attachment 54090
A safe 1-0 win bar what I thought would become a serious issue
View attachment 54089
uh oh

View attachment 54088
UH OH
View attachment 54087
OH GOD NO
A replacement for the next month was looked for and soon found in Spennymoor Goalkeeper Jordan Porter on a two month loan
View attachment 54086
A decent backup but not good enough for this league to start, I was certain this was where my good luck had ended and the slide would begin into a relegation fight.
View attachment 54085
And then...we beat Truro. Comfortably. Well, maybe I got lucky again, they are low down. Side note: good to see captain Peters get his first goal for the club.
View attachment 54084
Then, the backup team beat St. Albans in the FA Cup, we're into the first round proper! wow
View attachment 54083
Beat them in the FA Cup, beat them in the league, St. Albans were sixth when we played them, with Porter doing a fine job and king Harry giving us another win
View attachment 54082
WE'RE THIRD, HENRY STARTED, HE'S ALREADY BACK, WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE, WE'RE GONNA WIN...
View attachment 54081
I need to stop saying that, second placed Bath are the first team to just outclass us for 90 minutes, couldn't lay a finger on them
View attachment 54080
And then we lose to a poor Chippenham. Not good, Need to make sure heads don't drop now.

View attachment 54079
So here we are, It's all quite tight at the top and we could easily return to title chasing or be out of the playoffs within three games. Good to see my local club Wealdstone doing well, pass them every days as I take the hour and a half train to manage H&R.

View attachment 54078
Just to give you an idea of how good the front three have been so far, the faith Crawford showed in me and his professional manner is paying off in spades.

Any issues elsewhere?
View attachment 54077
Kamara wants to leave, Im happy to let him do so and he's happy to go. Only a backup player, nothing major.

Whats Next? well...
View attachment 54076

LEAGUE ONE OPPOSITION! ON TELE! I NEED TO GET THE SUIT READY. Im so excited, my first big match and I'm only a couple of months in. But then it hits me, they're going to want to talk about it, a few months in and it seemed like it had already been forgotten that I was the first, which was great. I just wanted to stay focused on the football. I know it's important though, it should only take a few minutes, a segment for the pre-match on teh tele, then I can focus on the match again. Lets do this!

First Big Match

View attachment 54075
First setback pre-match, our key Ball Winning Midfielder will not be playing. O' Keefe will take his place.

I meet the camera crew at Beveree Stadium a couple of days before the match, the focus was not on the match as I expected. I'm honest about my experiences, yes I faced some issues, but they've been minimal and none have been from people within the squad or staff who fully support me. I'm so happy when they say no further questions, back to the football.

Pre-match selection: Do I reward the backup players who got me to this place? took their chance and proved their worth
View attachment 54074
Nah! I wanna win! first team is starting this match. I'm not changing the tacitc at all, we haven't got the players to do so and I dont have the knowledge to try anything else.

Now the important stuff
View attachment 54073
PERFECT! I'm ready

It's the first time I've been on the touchline in a full stadium, our stadium. It's an experience I'm hungry to get again, two thousand fans supporting the lads.
View attachment 54072
Too bad it didn't help us out, we could have gone into Half Time 3-1 down with a chance, but Wynter gives away a penalty in the last minute to put the game beyond us.
View attachment 54071
2 second half goals and I consider this a respectable performance, scoring two against a team 3 divisions above us. Non-league defenses cannot be trusted, it seemed far too easy to catch us on the counter and win every loose ball.
View attachment 54070View attachment 54069
This is the biggest loss, hopefully Kiernan should be a good enough replacement though.
View attachment 54068
Oh well, the focus returns to the league, and an attempt to stop our first slump

Halfway Point

View attachment 54067
Here we are, halfway, and we're still in the playoffs! just about, and form is dipping, but to think we're almost at the 45 point safety zone with only half the season played is fantastic.
There is a worry that our key players form is dipping, with Crawford only scoring from the penalty spot recently and injuries affecting Mcauley's playing time. However, we're still scraping out performances at the moment.
View attachment 54066
There was one noticeable loss throughout this whole period as Finley sustained a serious injury in training
View attachment 54065
View attachment 54064
The end of our first blip, a good win with Kiernan impressing on his first start in the league for the injured Mcauley.
View attachment 54063
Ayunga tore us apart, ran through the defense with ease whenever a ball was played over the top.
View attachment 54062
An easy win in the FA Trophy, Randall and Malembe the two prospects showing what they're capable of.
View attachment 54061
An embarrassing loss to last place WSM where again we were outplayed, teams are definitely starting to figure us out. Crawford is becoming very quiet.
View attachment 54060
Another poor peformance, neither team made chances, luckily Center Back Wynter scored one of the few chances in the game from a corner

In other news:
View attachment 54054
Im on the board for qualifications
View attachment 54051
They were impressed by my detailed diagrams.
View attachment 54050
And I'm back to the classroom straight away.

Player Watch: Dylan Randall
View attachment 54049
The best youth prospect in the team, could be a first team player in the division, very good physicals and can apss the ball. However, he is incredibly unwilling to work on improving himself and refuses to be tutored by anyone, a real attitude problem.
It's been a great first half, lets try and push on and stay in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I'm surprised that diagram didn't get you your Continental A qualification to be honest. Flawless.

Miracle in Maidenhead

The Maidenhead Miracle
What. A. Game. FA Trophy, against conference opposition.

It's 1-1 after thirty minutes, Crawford equalizing for us with a cool finish when this happens.

View attachment 53887
Easy ball for our keeper Henry there.
View attachment 53886
Henry? HENRY?
View attachment 53885
Fantastic. Maidenhead 2-1 H&R
Well, we get into the second half, Maidenhead have a man sent off and Kiernan puts us back on level terms in the 69th minute, now if Henry doesn't have any more mistakes we have a chance here..
View attachment 53884
FOR GOD's SAKE. No subs left, 10 minutes left.
View attachment 53883
Henry misses most of the rest of the games in this period. Back to the match.
View attachment 53882
Ok Jolley, your 6'0 and a winger not effecting our defense let's just try and ride this out don't let any shots on goal occur.
93rd Minute:
View attachment 53881
OH NO 1 ON 1 IN INJURY TIME
View attachment 53880
JOLLEY SAVES! JOLLEY SAVES! HE PUSHES IT OUT WIDE. WE HOOF IT UPFIELD, MALEMBE RUNS ONTO IT, HE'S THROUGH, GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!! LAST KICK OF THE GAME, THE PLAYERS MOB JOLLEY AT FULL TIME. WHAT A PEFORMANCE.
View attachment 53879
Christian Jolley with one of the best performances I've ever had in an FM, two assists then going in goal and saving a 1v1 which led to the winner. He joins Crawford on the support no matter what list.

Mixed Bag

View attachment 53877
If you told me we'd still be in the playoffs with the final quarter of the season left I would have thought you were crazy but here we are.
So all's good? NO, not at all. In all honesty we've been playing terribly, I can really see why we were tipped for relegation, if our main squad is not performing we have no backup plan, no way of turning it round. It's clear too that the players still are not happy playing for me bar a few players like Crawford and Jolley.
View attachment 53876
Before starting here's the second GK bought in on emergency loan after Henry's injury, a decent backup but I wouldn't want him starting for us but we need him to unfortunately.
View attachment 53875
A good start, Macdonald did not have a good start clearly but we were saved by Bailey-King who came on in the 80th minute and proceeded to score a hat-trick. Amazing!
View attachment 53874
At this point it's looking great, beating second placed Wealdstone at home with Crawford scoring a scorcher from twenty yards into the top corner. However..
View attachment 53873
Our fortunes quickly turned around getting outplayed by the same team in the next game. It has become a really common issue for our players to become complacent, disenchanted and uninterested. I definitely get the players aren't motivated having me as their leader.
View attachment 53872
A poor loss, the players again just stopped playing, meaning motivated teams always have a chance against us.
View attachment 53871
Recurring theme, only playing for half a match, allowing worse opposition to catch us. Side Note: Harry Crawford may be relying on penalties a little bit but at least he never misses. 8/8 in teh league this season.
View attachment 53870
No silverware this season, out of the FA Trophy. Injury time goals in both halves really annoying.
View attachment 53869
Poor Omozusi, simple pass back to the goalkeeper who seemed to slip, allowing teh ball to trickle into the net.
View attachment 53868
Maybe the most injury prone player in the first team is back.
View attachment 53867
Doesn't matter though as Hungerford destroy us, no desire shown by the team at all. Hard to watch.
View attachment 53866
Same again, but Bath are running away with the league. A little bit more acceptable.
View attachment 53865
The team is saved by a sending off and a penalty, Whitehawk never looked like scoring.
View attachment 53864
This hurt, and was definitely the realization that there is a serious attitude problem in this team. No attempt to stop Chipppenham at all.

View attachment 53863
OH HERE WE GO
View attachment 53862
(Oh you lads are upset about the dressing room atmosphere!? How about you show some f----ing desire on the pitch)
(calmly): Maybe we should focus on the pitch instead lads, get the results and the atmosphere will change.
View attachment 53861
(Doesnt matter you'll all be gone next season anyway if I'm still here)
Calmly: Clearly I cant change all your minds lets end this here.

11 games left, somehow despite all the issues still pushing for a playoff spot.

Note: Two players who didn't complain
View attachment 53860View attachment 53859
The only two players who matter!

Player Watch: Ben Wynter
View attachment 53858
A very good centre back for this division, surprising Bromley allowed him to be loaned to this division, but has poor relationships with all other centre backs meaning we leak goals.

11 games left, final push, lets do this!

Playoffs?

View attachment 53839
Before looking at our last set of matches, let have a look at our first intake of regens, anybody good?
View attachment 53838
Yes! A good batch of players, a couple of whom immediately are moved to the first team to make bench appearances.
View attachment 53837
A goalkeeper with great potential and a great name. Mr. Tipper immediately becomes our backup goalkeeper and could break into the first team in a couple of years.
View attachment 53836
Stephens is the quintessential non league prospect, almost entirely reliant on raw physical ability but sometimes that's all you need at this level, he should be a quick player. Another one on the bench.
View attachment 53835
Same story as Stephens with Moss but he also has a great work rate. Could be great at this level.
Other news:
View attachment 53834
Another day, another perfect diagram
View attachment 53833
View attachment 53832
View attachment 53831
I did it, I've proved myself, at least for this season anyway. When I started this season I thought I would manage 10 games, lose 10, and be sent on my way the poorly thought out publicity stunt I was meant to be. Instead, I've made relegation candidates playoff contenders and picked up the necessary qualifications on the way. Whatever happens from this point on, this season is a success. Now lets get into the matches.
View attachment 53830
Another loss, the players don't like me bar a few, and the players look on the beach already with ten games to go.
View attachment 53829
3-0 down, the match is over, lets throw Stephens on for his debut. Immediately scores two and single-handedly pulls the team to a draw. Not a bad way to introduce yourself.
View attachment 53828
WSM do the double over us! Probably the worst team in the division. Wake up lads for gods sake.
View attachment 53827
THANK YOU! Finally a convincing win led by Jolley keeping us in playoff contention.
View attachment 53826
4 from Crawford! Really looked like the team that got us into playoff contention dominating Braintree.
View attachment 53825
And it's gone, consistency has disappeared in the second half of the season. Dominate one team and play terribly the next.
View attachment 53824
A draw against Welling, saved by backup players Kiernan and Malembe. At this point I realize I will be changing almost everyone in the team next season. Everyone outside Crawford, Jolley, captain Peters and Max K are not worth keeping next year.
View attachment 53823
Another loss, another poor performance. Only positive is Malembe coming on and playing well again, He has been amazing from the bench sometimes this season, and shown up in key moments a few times.
View attachment 53822
A vital win, we need to win every game left now really if we stand any chance of a playoff spot. Gloucester were in second place so it was great to see us getting the ball to Jolley and Crawford allowing them to do their thing.
View attachment 53821
Crawford and Jolley find form when we needed it most, the defense is awful, just awful, maybe the worst in the league. We are so top heavy.
View attachment 53820
And we just got a lot more lopsided. Will Henry might be the most injury prone Goalkeeper I've ever had. He's missed a quarter of the season at least through injury and is now lost for the final game of the season against Truro. Leaving sixteen year old Ricky Tipper having to play in the most important game of the season and make his professional debut.
View attachment 53819
Here's how things stand going into the final game with Poole and Oxford City both capable of catching us as well as Chippenham.

HT: H&R 0-2 Truro City
Oxford, Poole and Chippenham are all winning. I get the lads into the dressing room and for the first time this season gather up the courage to take the team talk myself.
"WE'VE BEEN WORKING FOR THIS ALL SEASON....AND YOUR THROWING IT AWAY (throws bottle at wall) THEY'RE ALREADY RELEGATED. RIGHT, This half....all out attack, we need three goals, go find them. Malembe, your on for Finley. Now go out there, and prove to me, to yourselves, that you deserve, that we deserve to be where we are."
View attachment 53818
It actually worked! Crawford scores with the last kick of the game to guarantee the win and we're all in the doggy pile by the corner flag, players, staff and fans. We did it! Malembe had better get a knighthood or at least become a club icon.
View attachment 53817
Final league table, we had to win or Oxford would have taken our spot. Unbelievable. Next up, a sudden death playoff match at Welling. Bring it on! (Even though a sixteen year old is in the net :mad:)

What a piece of final day drama! Good luck in the playoff, as for the 16 year old Gk, everyone knows you win nowt with kids ;)

Playoff vs Welling

Here we go, my first season and I'm already facing the horror and excitement of the playoffs. The suit is back out. Before the game Im already left with a conundrum, do I start Malembe and move to a 442? He's been on fire coming off the bench recently and a tactical change could be what we need to get past Welling, who we drew and lost to in the regular season. Do I take the risk?
View attachment 53761
Nah, this team got me to the playoffs and I should show some faith in the lads (and Im terrified to make any tactical change with them). Ricky Tipper is in goal...god help us.

View attachment 53756
I couldn't have asked for a better buildup on the day at least, Hoskin motivating the players well before kick-off.
View attachment 53755
But that's about all I can say positively, Welling pile on the pressure and get two past the youngster who's clearly out of his depth. Time for the tactical change.
View attachment 53754
No turnaround this time, Welling were clearly the better team and deserved the win, can't help but think what the game would have been like if our first choice goalkeeper didn't have glass hands. Oh well, it's still been a fantastic season. This was probably the last game for everyone in the squad who isnt Crawford, Jolley, Finley or kretzschmar. I'm letting all their contracts run out. At times this season we really were a team relying on two or three players who dragged us into a playoff spot.
View attachment 53753
A great season from Crawford, though him being our striker and penalty taker definitely helped boost his stats.
View attachment 53752 tbf though 10/10 so I cant complain.
View attachment 53751
Next time we should hopefully be lining up a completely different squad with the aim of reaching the playoffs again . Try to run through all the signings, pre-season and the first game of the next season. If the goal of this first year was to prove I deserve the spot I've been given I think that goal has easily been reached. Now that I should hopefully be respected a bit as a manager, it's time to win things as one.

New Season, New Goals

"Alright lads this season I know we can kick on and get another top half finish at the very least I've kept those of you I can trust and know you can do it. Any questions?"
Yeah, Boss, Where is everyone" Crawford.
View attachment 53564
Good riddance. Now, let's build a team capable of getting us up.
View attachment 53563
I was really worried at the start of pre-season as all of a sudden all my shortlisted players no longer wanted to join the club. I guess take this as a warning, if you allow the majority of your squad to leave at the end of the season your reputation will take a short nosedive and it will be hard to sign players.
View attachment 53562
Luckily after bringing in Fewster from relegated Spennymoor it seemed to turn this reputation nosedive around. If you play in the non-league you'll recognise this man, normally dominates non-league at the start in this years FM. In this save he has not however and I have been able to swoop in and take him. Already a decent Vanarama National player, should spearhead our attacks this year.
View attachment 53561
From one relegated player to the next, Luke Purnell will be the man between the sticks for us this season. Looks very good for this division, though somehow conceded over 70 goals last season. I imagine it was the defenses fault and not his.
View attachment 53560
Which is why I brought in fellow WSM defender Jonjo O'Hara to play as one of our two main center backs this season. He is definitely suspect in aerial battles, but really excells othwerwise physically and technically, hopefully meaning he can stop some of those through balls which dominate this division by running back and being positioned well.
View attachment 53559
Brought in for free, Cover should act as cover for the defense, good physicals though another who can be beaten in the air.
View attachment 53558
Technically our big money signing this season coming in for 11K. Looking back on it, this is a panic buy when the reputation temporarily fell. But, he's great cover this season and could grow into a starting player. An all-rounder, nothing bad, nothing great.
View attachment 53557
Brought in from relegated Truro, Allen might be the slowest 22 year old ever but should be a good holding midfielde who can win the ball and pass well. However, he needs to stay back because he is catching no one. This also means Finley will now be deployed as a Box-to-Box midfielder with Allen taking the BWM role.
View attachment 53556
In on loan from affiliate club bradford, backup left back. Nothing more to say. Hope he rarely plays.
View attachment 53555
Second loanee from Bradford, Kirkpatrick looks to be the ying to O'Hara's yang. Not fast, lacking some technical ability but great for this division as a no-nonsense defender who can win a header.
View attachment 53554
One of the big signings, Balogun is 18 and already a vanarama national quality player. Great physicals, might be one of the best players in the league, missing the first few games though due to injury.
View attachment 53553
A great loanee from Shrewsbury, Shelis shall be our starting Right Back this season, possessing the pace to do great in the position despite predominantly being a centre back.
View attachment 53552
Another Centre Back loanee, this time from Wrexham, Tharme looks very good for the division and should hopefully be okay acting as a rotation/backup for the defense.
View attachment 53551
Finally Powell is loaned in from Charlton as a backup, giving us the option to play with wingers if we so desire.
View attachment 53550
After all these signings we are clearly seen as one of the best teams in the league. Pressure to succeed is on now.

Pre-Season
View attachment 53549
Pre-dominantly good performances, bar Ipswich, contending with far bigger opponents and beating lesser ones easily. Beating senior affiliate Bradford will be a very nice feeling for the loanees at the club.

Hierarchy

View attachment 53548
I've made Crawford captain this season, River Allen Vice-Captain. My faith in Jolley and Crawford is clearly being repaid and hopefully they should be very helpful team leaders.

Tactic

View attachment 53547
Here's the initial idea for the tactic this season. 12 months ago I wouldn't even know how to pronounce a Mezzala and know after my two qualifications I'm starting with one. Kretzschmar hopefully adequately covering the space on the wing for us. This is still the sixth tier though, so I'm not throwing many instructions at the players, just telling them to use our great ability as tacklers in the middle of the pitch and good work rate to close down much more and hopefullly put Fewster, Crawford or Jolley through.

First game of the season vs. Bognor Regis

View attachment 53546
An easy win, Fewster heading in a Finley Free-Kick on his debut for the win. A little concern however that we didn't score more and didn't seem to create many chances. Maybe I'll go more direct again, we shall see.
View attachment 53545
This is the best change I've seen though. Last season I would have seen a lot of complacent and uninterested players, this lot seem a lot more hungry, attentive and confident during games.

MOTM: one and a half star Milambo: Good job on taking the opportunity given to him.
View attachment 53544
Hopefully this is the start of a great season, we shall see.