mhiggins

Reaction score
Thought I'd share my game about the Fm Base £80m Challenge.

For those who do not know about this challenge, look here:-

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f74/fm-base-fc-80million-challenge-is-here-t28946.html

The media predicted a 9th place finish which I agreed with.

1st Team Squad.

Gk's:- Played Conceded
Vincent Enyeama, 32 43 . (Excellent season, well happy with him).
Alex Smithies 6 8 . (One for the future).
Espen Johnsen - - . (Back up, didn't play a single game).

Def's Played Scored
Nedum Onuoha 30 - . (Done what he had to do, no complaints).
Vegard Forren 31 - . (Excellent player, copes well going forward too).
Mattias Jorgensen 14 - . (Couldn't force into Starting 11, still young).
Nicolas Otamendi 32 2 . (Average season, hoping for alot better).
Rafael Toloi 7 - . (Only young, one for the future).
Raul 11 1 . (Loan Signing).
Gabriel Silva 13 2 . (Loan Signing).

Mid's Played Scored
Mahamadou Diarra 22 4 . (Very pleasing start to his Fm Base career).
Fernando Gago 19 1 . (Injury plagued season).
Sotris Ninis 6 - . (Broke his leg in October, out for season).
Georginio Wijnaldum 9 - . (Squad player, still young, reserve player).
Shaun Wright Phillips 33 8 . (Premier League's signing of the season).
Alexis Sanchez 32 13 . (Premier League's Young Player of the Year).
Angel Di Maria 26 5 . (Slow start, picked up halfway through season).
Simon Vukcevic 24 2 . (Dissapointed with him tbh).

Fwd's Played Scored
Artem Milevskyi 35 16 . (Very good player, high hopes).
Andre Pierre Gignac 35 21 . (Another good player with high hopes).
Lacina Traore 19 4 . (Things didn't work out well for the lad).

Pleased with the signings and happy enough with the depth of the squad. Still had £7m left for January incase things got worse, thankfully they didn't.

So, the season started very well, shooting to the top of the table after 7 games, winning all 7 in the process. Things looked suprisingly bright. Until I met one of the traditional top 4, Liverpool, who beat me 4-1. Things went very well again up until Christmas picking up wins against bottom half teams and grinding out results against top half teams, the only stumbling block was those top 4 boys. Defeats against Utd 4-0, Chelsea 5-1, Arsenal 3-1 were the only defeats in the 1st half of the season. 1st January came, 2nd in the League, total shock tbh. Knocked out of the Carling Cup by Chelsea in the 4th Round, 4-0, and wasn't in the F,a Cup for some reason. The League proceeded with victories against Spurs, Villa and Man City almost certainly guarrenteed me European football next season which was an achievment in itself., but then another twist in the tale, Utd were defeated 1-0, 3 games in a row against Wolves, Bolton and West Ham put me on course for a definate top 4 finish if I beat them in our midweek game. Finished 2-1 to us which guarrenteed me a top 4 finish. Gameweek 35 and 36 were games against Chelsea and Liverpool, which I lost both, also drew the next two games against Blackburn and Bolton, yet another defeat next was suprisingly against relegated Hull put Utd above me so I dropped to 4th, where I stayed until the end of the season. Unbelievable to finish in the Champ's League spot. Chuffed to bits.

Roberto Mancini was shown the exit door at Man City, and I was the first to be speculated about in the media to get the job, something that was quickly laughed at and the board rewarded my loyalty with an extended 4 year contract.

They also rewarded me with a £40m budget for Season 2.

A huge chunk of this was blew on one player, Mario Balotelli, who came for £37m, something I reckon was over the top, but too late to turn back now. He scored on his debut in the 1st game of the season after 19 secs.

I defeated Psv in the Champ's League Play-off 5-3 on Agg, so I reached the Group-Stages to be drawn in a tough, tough group. Inter Milan, Sevilla, Olympiacos.

Simon Vukcevic wants to move to a "bigger club", so he's on the transfer list, no-one yet has made a bid for him, so as it stands he's for staying until further notice.

Only two league games have been played in Season 2, a 1-0 win against Newcastle and a 3-1 win against Fulham.

Onwards And Upwards...:wub:

Paid a lot for Balotelli !!! Never seems to play well for me. Probly cus i don't play him in the correct role (A)

Well done on your first season though :)

well done on your first season all the best for the 2nd season i will be keeping an eye

Thanks for the update.
37m has your mother never tought you the value of money!

Your writing is very good, if you could get a good layout going this story would be loved :)

Fm Base sign quartet.

Fm Base manager Michael Higgins has yet again dipped his toes into the transfer market by making four signings. Two of Evertons most promising youngsters were picked up, Jack Rodwell for £16m and Dan Gosling for £8.75m. Charltons 18 year old attacking midfielder Jonjo Shelvey is also on his way to the Fm Base squad in a £2.5m deal. Also young Brazillian attacker, Alan Patrick will pull on the lime green jersey, arriving for £3m.

Bilder%5CEverton%5Ceverton37.jpg

Jack Rodwell.

19 year old Central Midfielder who is equally effective as a Central Defender is on his way to Fm Base Fc after agreeing to join in a £16m move. Jack who has forced his way into the England squad, was said to be pleased to make the move and cannot wait to make his debut for the club. He was quoted in saying that Champions League football was a major factor in his decision. Rodwell will continue to play for Everton until the end of the season before making his move.

1ee78c30-4acc-4097-9c0f-fd5ad080887b.jpg

Dan Gosling.

Another player from the Everton team makes his move to Fm Base. In a £8.75m deal, Dan was said to be delighted at the opportunity to play against teams of the highest quality. Dan who can play in Midfield and Right-Back also added that this move could also aid his cause for a push into the England squad. Gosling will move at the end of the season,

jonjo%20shelvey_633580348871562500.jpg

Jonjo Shelvey.

This promising youngster was picked up for £2.5m in a deal that sees the 18 year old make a huge leap from League 1 to the Premiership. Fm Base Manager was asked whether he thought this was a gamble or not, which he replied saying, "Definately not, Jonjo is a fine player and canno't wait to fulfil his potential". Shelvey will make his move in January.

id_37969_alan-patrick.jpg

Alan Patrick.

Brazilian attacker signed from Santos. The 19 year old who in the media has been touted as the next Robinho, was delighted at this move. He said "To play in the English Premiership is a dream come true, every Brazilion youngster would love to play here". Alan was signed for £3m, and will move at the end of the season.

He wont be very good if he is the next robinho :p

Good luck pal.

After handing in a transfer request, Fm Base attacking midfielder, Simon Vukcevic has agreed to join big money spenders Manchester City in a deal worth £28m. Simon who came to FmBase from Sporting Lisbon was thrown into the reserves after his request and seemed surplus to requirements at Fm Base. Vukcevic will move in January.

Manager Michael Higgins didn't take long to use the money gained from Vukcevic' sale by asking Tottenham their price for Gareth Bale. They responded with a £24m quotation which Higgins agreed to. Bale will be joining Fm Base at the end of the season.

Gareth_Bale_606125.jpg

Gareth Bale, Future Fm Base player.

Lets hope Bale can perform aswell for you as he did for Spurs in 2010 :p

Lol im going to start this now :p You really inspired me buddy

Glad I can inspire others to do this, really enjoying it. Also Tiraths, I'm actually loving the prospect of Bale in my team, I'm a huge admirer of him in the game and in real life.

I might try this challenge after my current game, looks quite fun :)

I'm going to have a go at doing this, this afternoon. Going to be shrewd with the money though and see what I can get on a free first.

nice story. youve also inspired me to do 1 :p

Rossi and Dzeko on the bench? How did you afford that team. Seems weird.