PatrickLFC

Reaction score
It seems that one of the most amusing things on this site is when somebody throws their toys out of the pram and lets loose with a psychotic rant. This opens them up to all sorts of smart **** replies, which is always great fun. Twice now, Modern Day Legend Lippo255 has suggested an award for "Psychotic Rant of the Year", and so we thought it would be a great idea to bring all of these rants together in one thread for everybody to enjoy.

Lippo255 said:
Nice to see we have an early candidate for the psycotic rant of the year award. Always good to get in early! When will you learn that you are playing the game wrong Brendn? ;)

May well have to include a "psychotic rant of the year" award, there are some doozies out there.
tongue.gif

These suggestions were both met with widespread acclaim (i.e. likes), which led us to decide to do the community a favour and give these rants the publicity they deserve - and the original posters a wider audience to rant to. Everybody wins!

The idea is that if you come across such a rant, provide a quote or ideally a link so that everybody can see the rant in all it's glory. It's also usually worth going over the responses to the rant, particularly if the original poster gets involved again

*****************************​

So to kick us off - pardon the pun - I thought I'd provide links to two rants which spring to mind.

This first one is a classic. Disclaimer89, one of the site's better story writers, and an all round good bloke, had a great story going where he was taking Sporting Lisbon to the top. Unfortunately, for one person, that wasn't acceptable, and Mr Chadwick got stuck into Disco about every minute aspect of his management. Sadly, the original post was removed, but fortunately, local hero Yeti01 quoted the original post, thus ensuring it would forever have a place in FM-Base history. The post was originally at the top of page 17, and a link is provided below. Two pages worth of joy for everybody!

The second example is more recent, and is the inspiration for this thread. Everybody knows Brendn, site legend, tactical genius and author of arguably the best story series on the site - his Liverpool FC: The 5 Year Plan series, of which there are three iterations, one for each of the three most recent FM editions, is the stuff of legend. One of the hallmarks of his stories is that they are realistic - no selling of half the first team to incorporate 15 wonderkids. The presentation and detail are also second to none. However, apparently this isn't enough for "skyfall" - who, having clearly watched too much James Bond, expects Brendn to be pulling off not only the unrealistic, but also the impossible, and makes sure Brendn is aware of it.

His first assault was post number 242 on page 25, and he proceeded to launch a secondary attack, located at the bottom of the same page. Responses to his attacks continue on the follow page(s). This was within the last 24 hours, so it's entirely possible that this will be an ongoing saga.

So guys, if you know of, or come across any psychotic rants, please post links to them here. Let everybody enjoy them! :D

Hahaha, Pity It ruined a good story but that Disco one was classic! Made even better by the fact that the guy created another account to continue the discussion after he was banned! :p

There was an epic fail and rant when someone was caught using the editor to '20' out all his players during his turn in a 'pass the parcel' story game.. might of been FM13 if i remember right....

So to kick us off - pardon the pun - I thought I'd provide links to two rants which spring to mind.

This first one is a classic. Disclaimer89, one of the site's better story writers, and an all round good bloke, had a great story going where he was taking Sporting Lisbon to the top. Unfortunately, for one person, that wasn't acceptable, and Mr Chadwick got stuck into Disco about every minute aspect of his management. Sadly, the original post was removed, but fortunately, local hero Yeti01 quoted the original post, thus ensuring it would forever have a place in FM-Base history. The post was originally at the top of page 17, and a link is provided below. Two pages worth of joy for everybody!

How did I miss this! Oh god I'm in stitches laughing.
That man should be taken away from football; for his own health. he'll have a cardiac

There was an epic fail and rant when someone was caught using the editor to '20' out all his players during his turn in a 'pass the parcel' story game.. might of been FM13 if i remember right....

The great Mojodex controversy! Yes, that was FM13. Ruined several threads at the time I think & Mojo has never been heard from again. As far as I know...

I'm tempted to throw one of my own when I've found about the looking great Liverpool 5 Year plan for FM16 is already ongoing... and on 30 pages. A lot to catch up. Instead I'll just be thankful to come to know it and start trying to catch up from the start. Yes, <drooling>I SHOULD HAVE BEING CHECKING THE STORY SECTION SINCE THE START OF BETA<end of fake crazy rant>

The great Mojodex controversy! Yes, that was FM13. Ruined several threads at the time I think & Mojo has never been heard from again. As far as I know...

Mojodex had a great story, an around the world, starting in Oceania to come to Europe, but he admitted to change some players, after some of us start to ask how on earth a grey player came to the English NT, or a striker with 5 on pace, with training went to 20...

I talked to the guy after and he didn't come back because he was embarrassed with the pass the parcel thing and people not believing his results. But it was a great story teller.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../354503-oh-yea-****-you-football-manager.html

Couple of good rants going around at the moment actually

I know it's at least partially the point of the threads, but you definitely see a lot of crazy, ridiculous rants in each year's "Post Your Frustrations" thread. There's always at least one user who rants on and on and on about the match engine being fixed and things like that. It's pretty funny actually.

But wait, there's more!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-not-game-i-fell-love-si-********-really.html