The Football Accumulator Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 10K
Just 2 years until I can legally gamble, although I was always very good at picking out a good horse so surely it can't be that hard with football teams... right?? This sort of thing is right up my street

I would of thought you would get more like 150 quid for that :S

not really I was quite happy with that. Only 1/2 games which could go wrong really and get almost £90 profit

But it did go wrong as i expected ;)

that's football for you ;)

I bet that QPR & Forest are going to get promoted. 72/1 is pretty good odds considering QPR have made a great start

Slapped a couple of accumulators on this weekend. Not big money (£1.50 and £2);

Liverpool vs West Brom
Manchester Utd vs West Ham
Blackpool vs Fulham
Sunderland vs Manchester City
Wolves vs Newcastle

£2 on that one. Predict Blackpool to bounce back but don't know. Can see Newcastle beating Wolves.

Derby vs QPR
Barnsley vs Middlesbrough
Watford
vs Leeds
Portsmouth vs Cardiff

£1.50 on that one. Never bet on Middlesbrough to win, so went for the draw. QPR have been awesome and Cardiff should beat Pompey. Watford might let me down, hope not.

For your first one, I think Wolves might mess you up, they're pretty good at home :P Btw what do you get if you win both the bets?

I'm going to do my bet this afternoon.

I normally put down a few accumulators before I go to football on a Sat.

Normally only put a quid or two on, but have had some success with £10 bets if I only do like 4/5 teams.

For your first one, I think Wolves might mess you up, they're pretty good at home :P Btw what do you get if you win both the bets?

I'm going to do my bet this afternoon.

Yeh possibly, if I bet on them Wolves would have lost though. Newcastle ftw :@

Championship one returns £68ish
EPL one returns £50ish.

Yeh possibly, if I bet on them Wolves would have lost though. Newcastle ftw :@

Championship one returns £68ish
EPL one returns £50ish.
That's good profit if one of them comes good.

My Bet (went safe this weekend):
Chelsea v Stoke
Man Utd v West Ham
Liverpool v West Brom
Tottenham v Wigan
Roma v Cesena
Bayer Leverkusen v Borussia M'gladbach
Racing Santander v Barcelona

£5 bet returns £24

No doubt one of them will slip up Tiraths, they always seem to do for me when I make 'safe' bets :(

I still remember putting a tenner on Man City to beat United at 13/1, just before I went out to watch a Plymouth game, came home to a nice easy £140 in my ladbrokes acount.

Just done mine, went quite 'safe' aswell.

Fulham to win
Chelsea to win
Spurs to win
United to win
Liverpool to win

Put on £1.03 with a return of £4.49... Don't ask why I did a random amount of money.. ;) I had 3p annoying me in my account, wanted rid.

Last edited:
No doubt one of them will slip up Tiraths, they always seem to do for me when I make 'safe' bets :(

I still remember putting a tenner on Man City to beat United at 13/1, just before I went out to watch a Plymouth game, came home to a nice easy £140 in my ladbrokes acount.

Yeah one of them will definitely slip up (probably spurs)

When was that City game? Was it ages ago when Shaun Goater scored a few?

I had a 9 team accumulator come up on the last week of the season + playoffs last year.

Think I'll start again this weekend. Always play it safe at the start of the season though...think I'll go for 7, 6 - 0 scorelines this weekend in the EPL.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I said I was gonna play safe, but its early in the season, and a fiver was burning a hole in my pocket...so I went for an impossible 15-teamer...never gonna happen, but I love the thrill of watching SSN on a Saturday as they all come in.

Two weekends ago (Sat 14th Aug), I had this bet on...

Sunderland v Birmingham to DRAW
Millwall to WIN (v Hull)
Blackpool to WIN (v Wigan)
Bolton v Fulham to DRAW
QPR to WIN (v Sheffield United)

And finally...

Brighton to WIN (v Rochdale)

I stood to win £453 on a £1 accumulator bet (those in the FM-Base chatroom on the Friday night may even remember me listing these games!)

Now... start by looking up the first five results... then look at the Brighton result and in particular the times of the goals. You'll soon see why my weekend was ruined!

Just done mine, went quite 'safe' aswell.

Fulham to win

Chelsea to win
Spurs to win
United to win
Liverpool to win

Put on £1.03 with a return of £4.49... Don't ask why I did a random amount of money.. ;) I had 3p annoying me in my account, wanted rid.

Ha, my EXACT bet was that! ****** Fulham!

Just put this on

Morache Music to win ( Horse Racing)
Man Utd to win
Roma to win they play newley promoted Cesena who have signed Cavalieri from Liverpool
Lyon to win

£5 to win £20.71

Was going to put in Valencia and Sevilla to win but both play away and im not sure how Valencia will do without Villa, Silva

Well Lyon lost to a team they really should have beat :(

Last edited:
Here are my bets for the friday games:
  • Portugal v Cyprus – 90 Minutes
  • France v Belarus – 90 Minutes
  • England v Bulgaria – 90 Minutes
  • San Marino v Holland – 90 Minutes
  • Liechtenstein v Spain – 90 Minutes
  • Latvia v Croatia – 90 Minutes
  • Faroe Islands v Serbia – 90 Minutes
  • Andorra v Russia – 90 Minutes
  • Armenia v Republic of Ireland – 90 Minutes
  • Estonia v Italy – 90 Minutes
  • Belgium v Germany – 90 Minutes
  • Kazakhstan v Turkey – 90 Minutes
£1 bet returns £15

A lot of away games so one of them will probably draw :(

Definitely re-starting my accumulator addiction this weekend :) Will let you know what I've gone for later!

Football Betting Tips

I have never came across a thread like this on the forum apart from a World Cup one that I enjoyed. The idea is for people to post betting tips, advise or bets they have done for the week ahead's football matches.

My tips for tonight are: England (-2), France, Italy and Slovakia.

For a £5 bet paddy power returns £47.23.

I advise anyone wanting to make a few pound to get on ;)

Last edited:
Back