JoePod

Reaction score
Prologue:
Ok, So I'm partially Hungarian and my grandad always used to tell the story of the Mighty Magyars of the 50s. Honved, were the shizzle in Hungary basically. So, I Decided to give myself a real big challenge to bring them to ECC glory!

HONVED NAME UNKNOWN AS MANAGER
Budapest Honved have handed the reins to Joe Bowen; a largely unknown manager and has told him they expect a top half finish, with 150k transfer budget and 11k wage budget left to fill. Bowen had this to say - "I'm delighted to be here; to manage a club my ancestors supported is truly phenomenal, I plan to build for a bright future!"
Many fellow managers have laughed of his impact and refuse to acknowledge the whispers that Honved may be back on the rise to the top of Hungarian football soon. One Andras Herczeg; manager of Debrecen, claimed "Bowen's off in dreamland, remembering the great Ferenc Puskas and Sandor Kocsis. Honved have no chance of dethroning us from top spot!" Reports claim Bowen has taken these words badly and is planning to make his results do the talking.

New Arrivals at Honved!
First Signings of the Summer! Bowen has brought in troubled Macedonian striker Dragan Cadikovski on a free! This has been seen as a major coup for Bowen and has increased the 200-1 odds for Honved to win the league, though it remains to be seen if this confrontational player can settle and be tamed. Secondly, Sandor Lord; the Hungary U19 keeper has been signed from under the noses of rivals MTK Budapest on a free! Bowen has been praised for his vision and swift acting with this deal! Bowen had this to say at the press conference in which the duo were unveiled; "I feel the squad needs more depth and quality, and you can expect many more names coming through our doors.

More to come soon... (First story, please advise and offer your support! would be greatly appreciated =) )

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Mixed-Bag Start for Honved
Budapest Honved FC have endured a mixed start to the season. Beating Haladas 2-1 away but then losing to Gyor 1-0 at home which is a massive disappointment for the Honved fans. The first leg of the Euro Cup 3rd qualifying round was a high scoring 5-3 away loss to Larisa, there is slight hope of progressing but doubts are quite large.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Honved Surprisingly Through!
Honved have gone through 6-6 on away goals after a shock 3-1 home victory over greek side Larisa. They progress to the final qualifying round to play Anderlecht. Pundits say Honved have no hope, but Bowen feels it just relieves the pressure and will allow his players to take the game to Anderlecht without fear.

Last edited: