Shaneckham

Reaction score
I love my squads and players to be high in determination, I feel this is key to a successful team. Its my foundation to success. This attribute is key to consistency and every club I have managed after 2 or 3 season I will manage to get my squad personality to professional and then progress that to highly professional. These players will tend to be model professionals, professional and highly determined. These players are great mentors and will produce your youth into this breed and turn them into professionals. I have noticed that with a professional/model professional player, when they mentor a player with low determination, they will become more determined. Under the guidance of a professional your youth will grow into professionals on and off the pitch and become a rare breed. The born leader, natural winners and hard working ethic is born. This kind of passion is priceless, and by building a professional team of players will lay the foundation, the blue prints of a long and successful team. Barcelona are a prime example of a professional team, the way they go about winning is nothing short of instrumental. Barcelona have the foundations of professionalism, just look at their long line of top notch players and their domestic and European success. Their determination to be the best, beat the best is unquestionable and this drive and passion is so often the difference, between a point, 3 points or none. The player that turns up and plays for 90+ minutes. Man United are a prime example of a team that are driven to success and play to the final whistle. There has been countless times I have seen them pull back from 2-0 in the last 10 minutes and win, where as most teams would lose their drive and concentration and give up. Determination wont allow this, hence the saying “it isn’t over till the fat lady is singing” which is the ref, and until that final whistle blows you haven’t lost.

The model professional -

Who is a model professional and what makes them different from the ambitious and normal determined player.

A few examples -

View attachment 172160
Iniesta
View attachment 172161

Xavi

View attachment 172162

Terry

View attachment 172163

Lampard

View attachment 172164

Giggs

View attachment 172165

Scholes

View attachment 172166

Carragher

View attachment 172167

Totti

View attachment 172168

Cambiasso

These players are all born winners! Their love for the game, the passion to win and fight for their club unquestionable. Model Professionals that the younger generation looks to, wants to be. These players are perfect mentors and to have any of these players in your team, would be a honour as they give their all in the quest for success.

So where am I going with this?

In order to win and challenge for title and cups, you need a determination a winning mentality. So if you are to build a club up, determination and role model professionals are the place to start. When Chelsea first got they money, they went mad buying every body that they thought would win them games and leagues. After 2 season of coming up short and a few bad buys, mixed with some great ones, a change of manager came Mourinho, The special one.

Chelsea were born, a group of players formed and developed a winning mentality with the spine of Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba, Chelsea had the passion to win ugly and boring. These players would fight till the last minute and win anyway they could. These players are still there today and may get slated for being old and not the best technically gifted, however the foundation of winning is still in their blood, they breathe success. Even know they have had a bad season they went through a bad patch of poor form and came out second and nearly won the league. However Chelsea now have the players and the foundation to produce the younger generation and continue competing at the highest level for a long time.

So my advice to you is never sell a player who is a model professional or professional as these are the future to your club, legends, I keep these players till they retire, they are my pedigree. Take pride in these players, respect them and love them and your nuture great players. So if you are the type of person who sells their players when they get over 30 so they don’t lose their value, then DON’T!!! They are rare and beautiful..

Last edited:
so how can i transform a youth thats not a professional into one???

so how can i transform a youth thats not a professional into one???

Under the guidance of a professional, i find the best way to mentor line is, i think he you can learn alot off.. whoever you are using as the mentor if this goes well you will see his determination going up. Professionals dont always have really high determination normally 14+ so if the player you want to mentor has already got higher determination it might drop so picking the right players to mentor is key. But normally they will have a high determination, just some of them have a lower determination. So i would say high determination and good mental skills are great mentors to youth, in order to grow them into a professional player.

Professionalism is one of the hidden atributes. You can recognize players with high proffesionalism looking at their personalities and media handling type.

I personally build my teams upon the foundation of BRAVERY!!!!

Naw, jaykay.

But seriously, I won't consider a player with less than 8 teamwork or workrate

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

btw, if you want to be a legend, try building teams upon the other personality types and report the results.

An entire "sporting" team...or unsporting...would be interesting...

I personally build my teams upon the foundation of BRAVERY!!!!

Naw, jaykay.

But seriously, I won't consider a player with less than 8 teamwork or workrate

E---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

btw, if you want to be a legend, try building teams upon the other personality types and report the results.

An entire "sporting" team...or unsporting...would be interesting...

Everyone has their own style, I like my players to be professional and determined. I have tested this over a twenty year save with Chelsea and my current squad of regens are near enough all professionals and model professionals. Iv achieved this through alot of mentoring and training, it's just my style and stamp on the team. I have great success with this and when ever I start a new save I begin this process again build the youth expand the recruitment of the youth. I like the challenge of getting youth from my under 18s, and watching them become their idol in the first team. I think this is something that is real and teams like barca and man u, chelsea ect.. Do they mould players to their philosophy and mentality. Your style is bravery and team work, work rate again great attributes to have in a player. Thanks for post mate and input.

Last edited: