Following the trip to Pittsburgh, the players had light training sessions last night and then again this morning. We focused primarily on winning the ball high up the pitch. It was a contemporary craze among many managers but I knew it could prove to be successful. The most important role in my team was undoubtedly the deepest of the three central midfielders. This was to be, primarily, Hernan's role. He knew we relied on him but I hadn't burdened him with the truth. Simply put, if we doesn't tick, neither does the team.

I'd contacted Olivia this morning with the intention of meeting her after training. We arranged to meet at 5:00 pm at a coffee shop she'd chosen. 'Pikolo' was the name I think, just off Sherbrooke. I arrived ten minutes late and took a seat.

"Sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry," she smiled, "the music is good. I was content."

"So," I cleared my throat, "What're you looking for?"

"Well, as much as you're willing to give up about how you're going to get the Impact playing. Having an article on your style before the season starts would be huge for me in the office."

"It may be huge for you in the office but," I lowered my voice, "we both know the consequences I could face should it be known I'm leaking inside information, even if the details are unimportant."

"Which is why I only put your name with the most insignificant things; the rest is pure speculation," she said, "in return I keep you informed of what CTV Montreal is preparing to publish about the club. We both know that the media is capable of dictating opinion. Let's make you the hidden dictator."

It was music to my ears. Unfortunately for her, she was going to have to prove her worth before she receives anything of substance. For now, she could make do with basics - basics which would have been obvious to anyone who attended our first two friendlies.

At around 7:30 pm we parted ways. She told me the article should be published a couple of days before we played host to Toronto FC in the first MLS game of the season.

Like the detail you put into your updates mate. Keep them coming. (H)

I've ran into a problem.

My drive seems to have crashed yet again. I've been working on fixing it all afternoon and right now I'm just trying to get my drive to boot once in order to retrieve this save file and my college work.

I'll keep you updated one way or another.

Still no further forward.

I suppose I could start again, edit the same signings/outgoings, play the first two friendlies again (albeit against different opposition) and just continue the story from the current point if people are okay with that?

The only thing with doing that is I don't want people to accuse me of cheating when I'm openly doing it to recover the story. Other than that I'm out of ideas because my drive is completely broken.

Let me know.

Sorry to hear you are having problems mate. Shame as story was going well. I'm happy if you continue or if you start a new story. I for one, know you won't have cheated in anyway! :D

I'd like to make use of this time I'm taking to make a concrete decision on the future of this story or potentially an introduction to a new one.

Whilst I'm considering options, that's irrelevant.

I would like to know, meanwhile, what any of you think of my writing in general. I'm at an important stage in the maturity of my writing and would like to gather some thoughts. I don't mind receiving criticism - as long as it's constructive and not just an attempt at abuse.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated and would hugely contribute to any improvement in my writing!

Great detail in the writing mate I've enjoyed reading this so far. Mega in depth and I like that. Wouldn't mind a few additional screenshots here and there, but at the same time I wouldn't want to take away from the detail of your text. If you're struggling retrieving the other mate, restart, even if the fixtures are different, details in general will stay the same, and you've only done a couple pre-season friendlies so not like you're trying change the course of history

Great detail in the writing mate I've enjoyed reading this so far. Mega in depth and I like that. Wouldn't mind a few additional screenshots here and there, but at the same time I wouldn't want to take away from the detail of your text. If you're struggling retrieving the other mate, restart, even if the fixtures are different, details in general will stay the same, and you've only done a couple pre-season friendlies so not like you're trying change the course of history

Thanks for your feedback - it's appreciated. I was aiming to write in depth without making it sound over the top and boring, so I hope I've achieved that so far. Aside from my love of FM and football in general, I'm studying Literature amongst other written-based subjects in my further education so it's a nice to keep my writing fresh and (hopefully) gradually improve.

Edit: I think I'm edging towards the introduction of a new story. I was enjoying the challenge of the MLS more than I'd expected, so it may be a save I pursue in my personal time. However, due to the delays/interruptions, it's hard to get back into the swing of contributing to this story with genuine interest. Plus, I'd signed another five or six players and, in honesty, I can't remember all of them so it'd disturb my progress. If anybody has had interest in this, I'll have new stuff up very, very soon so keep an eye out!

Speaking on a personal level, I'm also unhappy with some of the writing I've produced in this thread. I initially started out with a set idea and, whilst creatively vying from plans isn't a bad thing, I feel I've completely lost sight of what I was hoping to achieve in the narrative. I hope anybody (and everybody) will understand!

Last edited: