Reaction score
Big footy fan like the rest of us and I have enjoyed every single CM/FM until now.

Now you seem to have to be a mathematician, psychologist, media expert and tactical genius (or cheat) just to get any where.

I'm not interested on reading the novels on tactics that if are followed make no difference whatsoever.

The assistant manager should be a **** of a lot more helpful, even to the point of a beginner level where he guides you in the correct direction.

Sadly I'm uninstalling the game for the first time ever. I hope I can get my interest back at some point because to me it's no longer a game. :'(

Big footy fan like the rest of us and I have enjoyed every single CM/FM until now.

Now you seem to have to be a mathematician, psychologist, media expert and tactical genius (or cheat) just to get any where.

I'm not interested on reading the novels on tactics that if are followed make no difference whatsoever.

The assistant manager should be a **** of a lot more helpful, even to the point of a beginner level where he guides you in the correct direction.

Sadly I'm uninstalling the game for the first time ever. I hope I can get my interest back at some point because to me it's no longer a game. :'(

I know the feeling mate. Nowadays you pick tactics based on how you think the match engine will react, not how you'd actually line up in real life.

Hopefully the crave will come back for you. It comes and goes for me.

Farewell for now my FM friend.

It's actually easier to manage my club to victory on a Saturday than it is to play the game. :$

I know the feeling mate. Nowadays you pick tactics based on how you think the match engine will react, not how you'd actually line up in real life.

Farewell for now my FM friend.

well, the most accurate depiction of the game i've heard so far

Yeah it gets like that sometimes. I feel the game got complex in all the wrong places.

All I can say that it is trial and error... In the end the best thing for me to do with my sheffield united save is to keep the tactic simplistic, simple 4-3-3, Direct, Counter. Took me 10 games to get the team going, and I found out that morale and team talks are sometimes more important than tactics... If I were you I would just take a break from the game, watch real life football, get the feeling back and then just go for it.

I'm currently using a tactic that does well, but has the odd times where it doesn't for a few weeks at a time before coming back. What I don't like is that the other games in the league seem to have arbitrary scoring. I'm in the Scottish Premiership where Celtic and Aberdeen are both in the bottom four clubs. A similar thing happened when I tried to play the French league. This game is touted as realistic, but I can't help but feel the research for everything but the EPL is half-arsed. I'm losing interest as I'm currently managing Hearts and fighting off a title challenge mounted by Partick Thistle and Dundee. I'm frankly bored.

o.png

Don't un install, have a break then come back. It will help you get the hunger back for sure.

It won't be fun unless there's a genuine challenge. Right now, the morale factor is such that once you start a successful run, teams just fall like dominoes. Add into that the good challengers often finishing with 70-75 points, there's no fight in it. '15 was bad for morale scuppering the AI teams, but now we've doubled down on that in '16, and it's destroyed the enjoyment.

I found it very hard at the start to begin again after getting to 2027 last year (longest for me since champ man 4!)

I seem to concede loaaaads. But I kept going, won the league with Man Utd first season with only 1 loss but a load of draws. Spurs seem to be my bogey team, beat me in the charity shield, then KO'd me from the capital one cup, then beat me in the league! Can't see do do anything right against them.

Team is playing better now, shipping out the older players on big wages, the CM for united is so slow with Carrick and Sweinsteiger. Sold Mata and Schneiderlin to Madrid and Barca respectively and got 60 million each!

Now to flog Rooney, Mcnair, Schweini (Milan bid 3 mil, accepted).

All I can say is keep going, tweak the tactics, I changed mt two DCs to stopper/cover and that seemed to help. It's still early, try and find out what works

i feel like the game is constantly dumbing and degrading you down no matter what you do...
you're 30 and watching football since the age of 5 probably? not enough. been watching games and soaking up the tactics for almost 20 years? you don't know *****. playing football ( sunday league football but nonetheless) for 10 years? nope. playing this game from CM 01/02 (with an absolute record in fm 2009 with over 2000 hrs) up to date, so around 15 years? no, still not good enough.

so basically, you can either run around the game relying purely on luck, or take real madrid, barca, or juventus and just keep pressing continue until you've won the league, the cup, and the CL

i think that if your having problems just get the official si ingame editor and try and tailor the game for your needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its much better than not playing it or even not buying it. ive bought fm and cm for a long time and loved every one and been challenged by it!