The Future Of English International Football

• Thread starter Thread starter HarryinHD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K
Another few guys you want to look out for are Luke Garbutt (Everton; poached from Leeds this summer) and Aiden White.

In a few years they have the potential to be very good players coming up from english clubs, However with so few teams in the premiership actually giving these youths a chance to shine its unlikly many of them will reach that potential they have.

While signing foreign players does wonders for the club in the long run it damages the England team of the future because unless your class shines through at a early age and you make a big impact like Rooney and Walcott did your always gonna struggle to make the grade in a team that can afford to bring in great foreign players.

I look at the youth players for England and i struggle to see one who is a regular first team player apart from Walcott and Hart now hes at Birmingham.The rest are struggling to break into the first team.In other countries the youths actually get a chance to show what they can do or are sent out on loan to atleast get some match practice rather than rotting on the bench or in the reserves.

Over here we just dont have that same way of doing things.Rarely does a premiership club send out a promising youth on loan, They send out average players with one goal, To increase their value so they can offload them the following season.Campbell from Man U being a prime example, Loaned out to Hull, Then loaned to Spurs as part of the Berbaflop deal where he rotted on the bench/reserves and then was offloaded to Sunderland.Loans over here are not used to improve a player but to improve his value.

I would love to see things improve in that area but i really dont see it at all, The clubs over here loan out players they have given up hope on and are just trying to get some cash out of them.I mean Campbell was a beast for Hull when he was on loan at them and they didnt even give the lad a chance even though he did all that they could have asked of him while out on loan they just pimped the lad out to Spurs to get Berbaflop in.

Unless we get a influx of Rooneys and Walcotts in the next couple of years the next generation doesnt look as promising as people make out.Yes the potential is there but its not a promising for clubs as the likes of Nani, Anderson, Fabio, Rafael, Macheda and that makes the surplus to requirements.

There are some great young players coming through but few are playing in big european games. Be interesting to see how they developwith all the foreign players around.

Victor moses went to my secondary school. There are a lot of promising english youngsters out there who, if given the chance, can shine.

Every player what has been mentioned,I don't think will turn out world class.Maybe with the exception of Jack Wilshere but if you compare our youngsters with the likes of Spain,Italy and France the future of the England team looks dim.For example France have Karim Benzema and Mamadou Sakho we have Daniel Sturridge and Michael Mancienne,I hope I'm wrong but there is no question who will fulfill their potential from them 4 players

True, we may have a bright future but don't others have even brighter? We have to compare the likes of Micah Richards, Jack Wilshere and um... Victor Moses against the likes of Bojan, Salvio, Breno, Douglas Costa, Fiorillo, Asenjo and goodness knows who else...

i think teams like everton and villa etc are the only teams in the prem who actually give the english youth a chance, look at rooney developed by us, i agree with the people who say that city will kill their potential

Rodwell and Gosling at Everton looking good
Johnny Evans is already a good defender
Arsenal youth is always excellent and Wilshire+Ramsey are looking great
Jack Hobbs and Jay Spearing looking good too

Rodwell and Gosling at Everton looking good
Johnny Evans is already a good defender
Arsenal youth is always excellent and Wilshire+Ramsey are looking great
Jack Hobbs and Jay Spearing looking good too

Ramsey's welsh

Every player what has been mentioned,I don't think will turn out world class.Maybe with the exception of Jack Wilshere but if you compare our youngsters with the likes of Spain,Italy and France the future of the England team looks dim.For example France have Karim Benzema and Mamadou Sakho we have Daniel Sturridge and Michael Mancienne,I hope I'm wrong but there is no question who will fulfill their potential from them 4 players

benzema is already a risen player so he cannot be listed as a youngster..

benzema is like rooney who is already at a world class level playing full out minutes for club and country the others listed dont

personally i dont rate bojan, costa, asenjo that much yh they do look class on youtube but who cant i can look good on youtube:)

As much as I love it to be, I just can't see how bright is the future of England. Sure, these players looks promising, but they ain't the best young players in the world. Look at the always abundant youths of Brazil and Argentina. How about the youths in Spain? Italy?

Seriously, each of the above mentioned countries have better young players than England and they will get to have more play time than the English ones too.

Jonny Evans is northern Irish, I think you'll find the reason Campbell was sold to Sunderland was becasue Fergie believes Welbeck is better than him and their isn't a place for both of them in the team, I believe the future is bright for teh England national team although we won't win a world cup, we definiltley have the ability to sustain a place in top ten in world rankings in the future, Keiran Gibbs is certainly going to displace Ashley Coles position in the team 2-4 years while Jack Wilshere potential is unbelieveable, personally i think FM are a bit harsh on English wonderkids because it takes a good training schedule and first team football to make them really good while they have already made players liek Mata, Asenjo, Balotelli, Marquinhos etc amazing already.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

The spainish youth espicially the u21 is overrated i think the problem with Enlgand U21 was the fact that Pearce set out the team to only score from set pieces and teh nonly took two strikers to the tournament, Walcott is not a striker, and never will be, his hatrick agaisnt Croatia was due to poor defending and **** keeping, having said that he is an excellent right winger. The criminal ting about about losing to germany in u21 final is the fact that most of their players were foreign imports, for example Sandro, Ozil and Gonzalo Castro, certainly make the Fuhrer proud wouldn't they, you oculd argue that England have Onouha, Agonlagor, Micah Richards aren';t England, well they grew up in this country so why should they feel they should play for the country roots if they haven't been their, Personally i think England have a great potential when you look other players not mentioned such a Junior Stanislas, James Tomkins of West Ham ad to lesser extend Mark, these players are all young enough to become quality players and uphold a place in the future England team, to be honest i am not worried about the future of England youth at all, with more and more foreign players rejecting us due to the 50 % wage goingf to tax, more english players will havea chance to shine

benzema is already a risen player so he cannot be listed as a youngster..

benzema is like rooney who is already at a world class level playing full out minutes for club and country the others listed dont

personally i dont rate bojan, costa, asenjo that much yh they do look class on youtube but who cant i can look good on youtube:)

I agree, Bojan doesnt look that good to me, i think he was hyped up to much.

Disagree with Asenjo, he is insanely good in real life, seen him quite abit, will become one of the best keepers for sure.

England has got a lot of good talent, but we're not the only country with talent. The likes of Spain, Italy, France and Germany have loads of class young players, we haven't got world cup 2014 "in the bag" by any means, it will be hard, players like Moses and Wilshere and Delph could turn out to be flops, you just can't tell and look into the future, we'll just have to wait and see :)

I agree, Bojan doesnt look that good to me, i think he was hyped up to much.

Disagree with Asenjo, he is insanely good in real life, seen him quite abit, will become one of the best keepers for sure.
He played very well for Barca last night and Barcas other young striker Pedro looks class, he scored a cracker

you look good anywhere ;) lol
mancienne is only 19 he's best defender 4 ... wolves in other words hes havant & waterlooville back up lol
and sturridge will be good he'll be in first team 4 january cos drogba and kalou at african nations

I could tell by the tone of your reply, I agree that there's no positivity about the future of the game but was just pointing out how much potential our young lads have been showing.

is it the bitter and envy? :'(

You do have the players coming through but the problem is they are not playing for the big clubs enough.

i am looking forward to the future of english football and i am very impressed with the likes of wilshere,rodwell,moses etc.

Back