• Thread starter Thread starter Stu7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu7

Reaction score
I am fed up of this year's game (playing as WBA, in 3rd season).

As well as having stats like 23 shots, 11 on target, the opposition having 2 shots, both on target and losing 2-0, this season I have had 6 torn calf injuries. Ademilson was 2 of those. He came back for 3 games an is now out for another 4 months.

In addition, I have had Long out for 4 months with a torn hamstring and Bocchetti out for 3 with knee ligaments.

My 6 best players and two useful rotation options (Okore, Honda, Wellington Nem, Ademilson twice, Long, Nathan Redmond, Ridgewell and Bocchetti) out long term in one season is taking the ****.

Add to that hitting the post 2 or 3 times a match. Yet, when the oppo hit the post, they more often than not follow-up and score.

It seems like the way the AI opposes you is to ruin your best players and create unrealistic results.

I hope this is sorted for next year.

PS This site is great but IU am that fed-up I need to moan so I have joined.

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/106921-post-your-frustrations.html

The ME is the same for both the AI and you. Not taking chances, hitting the cross bar and giving them easy chances is all down to your tactics (And your players not following up is not the ME's fault :))

However, I do agree that the injuries since the last patch are really annoying, and SI need to sort it out fast. Although apparently they are not accepting that there is anything wrong, so I am not sure anything will be done :(

To be honest, I think the injuries could actually be because of the January database update, rather than the patch as that is where injuries are created, along with how often injuries occur. Maybe someone could start a game with the old database and test this theory? :)

P.S. Welcome to the site! :D

yeah have to agree there are some problems with the injury side my Crewe team had 8 different players get injuries for more than 4 months in the first season! Now my Man City side cant keep a goal out with Joe Hart passing to opposition strikers getting tackled on the penalty area or letting in 40 yard shots all the time!

not really. Well I got some of them during a match, but I only had to rest most of them one match to get them to normal fitness. I'd say a normal amount of injuries.

As well as having stats like 23 shots, 11 on target, the opposition having 2 shots, both on target and losing 2-0, this season I have had 6 torn calf injuries. Ademilson was 2 of those. He came back for 3 games an is now out for another 4 months.
It happens frequently in real life too.

In addition, I have had Long out for 4 months with a torn hamstring and Bocchetti out for 3 with knee ligaments.

My 6 best players and two useful rotation options (Okore, Honda, Wellington Nem, Ademilson twice, Long, Nathan Redmond, Ridgewell and Bocchetti) out long term in one season is taking the ****.
Try hiring as many physios as you can and above all convince your board to let you hire 5 athletic coaches (instead of the usual 2-3); I sorted it out in this way, and it has defo worked so far.

Add to that hitting the post 2 or 3 times a match. Yet, when the oppo hit the post, they more often than not follow-up and score.

True, dammit. So friggin true. And very frustrating, of course.

Same here, well, regarding the injury front anyways. Every game I get at least one injury usually two and ALWAYS the same type of injury, usually a month at a time, in fact I had to abandon my save with Manchester United because I had 12 out of my 25 player squad injured or unfit. It is absolutely ridicoulous and it is starting to **** me off in a major way.

The old non existent injury problem that is effecting literally 1000s of people but doesn't exist untill it starts happening to the mods.
"It's a normal amount of injurys, infact less than normal" yeeaah....every match I watch irl 3 players leave the pitch with torn calfs and hamstrings, every match! Happened last night in the England match.

The old non existent injury problem that is effecting literally 1000s of people but doesn't exist untill it starts happening to the mods.
"It's a normal amount of injurys, infact less than normal" yeeaah....every match I watch irl 3 players leave the pitch with torn calfs and hamstrings, every match! Happened last night in the England match.

What has being à moderator Of FMBase to do with SIs development of the game?? On the subject though, I have not yet played one single game where 3 players have been taken off with serious injuries and as you have this in every match. Here it's pretty obvious that its something you are doing in terms of tactics/player rotation etc that is causing this.

What has being à moderator Of FMBase to do with SIs development of the game?? On the subject though, I have not yet played one single game where 3 players have been taken off with serious injuries and as you have this in every match. Here it's pretty obvious that its something you are doing in terms of tactics/player rotation etc that is causing this.

I agree that I really don't get what being a mod has to do with anything (Think people are just jealous to be honest!) but I do think there is something wrong to do with injuries (Although I also think people over-exagerate loads :L).

I rotate my players a lot, have the training set at light and I don't play a quick tempo, high pressing tactics or anything like that. Before the latest patch, I'd get a "normal" amount of injuries, but since I seem to get them alot. I don't normally get more than 1 or 2 a match though, but I normally get them every match :L

Most injuries I've had in a game is three, two being very short term ones such as a dead leg or stubbed toe.
That's across five different saves, roughly twenty or so tactics and getting on close to forty seasons.

I'd say someone picks up a knock of some sort every game on average, more serious injuries I might get six or seven a season with most of those being between four weeks to two months. Might get one very serious injury every season and a half to two seasons depending on the players I have.

TJD07;1724175 [U said:
That's across five different saves, roughly twenty or so tactics and getting on close to forty seasons.[/U]

That would be since FM came out though, not since the latest patch? Either that or you play it waay too much haha :P

I've finally found out the grand cause behind these injuries. Doubleclicking the FM13 icon on the desktop. No but seriously, at least in my save it is affecting my team as well as AI teams. Recently played against Chelsea in the CL, 3 injuries in a match total, two of them to Chelsea so they had to sub them. Similarly against Real they had to finish the match with 10 men because they had used up their subs (one of them due to injury) and then Özil or someone got injured and couldn't continue.

And this is with the top clubs, in my short experience it is worse with the lower league teams. Sad that they won't fix this, since there is clearly a problem. Anyone here remember Eastside Hockey Manager 2007? Similar situation.

That would be since FM came out though, not since the latest patch? Either that or you play it waay too much haha :P

Overall, done about another 5 seasons since the latest patch and had no huge changes.

Chances are you just have a team of injury prone players. Have you tried peaking into hidden stats in FMRTE?

I wish they'd allow "MilanLab" as one of infrastructure improvements , and it could gradually lower injury prone modifier for all the players. Maybe in FM2014 ;)

ive noticed since the last patch a **** of alot more injuries......

ive noticed since the last patch a **** of alot more injuries......

Frankly, it's still not enough. The amount of injuries clubs have on a day to day basis is far in excess of what we think it is. Tweaks, heavy bruises, anything can and does prevent players from taking part in matches and training sessions very regularly.

I've been playing with latest update patch and don't have any problem that is unrealistic to the game in real life. I do find if a player is tiring and I keep him on I run the risk of a muscle injury.

Just wanted to share my experiences.

Hope you guys have better luck soon. :)

I continued my longterm wolves save throughout that patch update and without changing tactics I was instantly getting a major injury every 2 games where a player was out for at least 2 months. Every game someone would need subbed in the first 20 mins with an injury and more often than not another either just before half time or right afterwards. 2 injuries a game was average with 3 happening every few games easily. I got so Sick of having 8 or 9 of my squad constantly injured that I gave up on what had previously (before the update) been my favourite and proudest save of the last couple of FM's.

I can't think of a single other product where I would have bought it and had all these problems and not complained and asked for my money back. It is pretty unacceptable. It is also 100% only a problem since the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back