The Game Is About Glory - Tottenham Hotspur

GlenYid

Reaction score
The League
The Premier League is an English professional league for association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May, with teams playing 38 matches each, totalling 380 matches in the season. Most games are played in the afternoons of Saturdays and Sundays, the other games during weekday evenings. It is currently sponsored by Barclays Bank and thus officially known as the Barclays Premier League. Outside England it is commonly referred to as the English Premier League (EPL).

Club Info
Tottenham Hotspur

View attachment 763985

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, commonly referred to as Spurs, is an English football club based in Tottenham, London, that plays in the Premier League. The club's home stadium is White Hart Lane.

Founded in 1882, Tottenham won the FA Cup for the first time in 1901, making it the only non-League club to do so since the formation of the Football League. Tottenham was the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960–61 season. After successfully defending the FA Cup in 1962, in 1963 it became the first British club to win a UEFA club competition – the European Cup Winners' Cup.[2] In 1967 it won the FA Cup for a third time in the 1960s. In the 1970s Tottenham won the League Cup on two occasions and was the inaugural winner of the UEFA Cup in 1972, becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies. In the 1980s Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup in 1984. In the 1990s the club won the FA Cup and the League Cup. When it won the League Cup once more in 2008, it meant that it had won a major trophy in each of the last six decades – an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

The club's Latin motto is Audere est Facere (lit: "To Dare Is to Do"), and its emblem is a cockerel standing upon a football. The club has a long-standing rivalry with near neighbours Arsenal. Matches between the two teams are known as the North London derby.

View attachment 304266

Home | Away

Club History
Football League First Division (champions)
1950–51, 1960–61

Football League First Division (runners-up)

1921–22, 1951–52, 1956–57, 1962–63

Football League Second Division (champions)
1919–20, 1949–50

Football League Second Division (runners-up)
1908–09, 1932–33

Southern League (champions)
1899–1900

Western League (champions)
1903–04

FA Cup (winners)
1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991

FA Cup (runners-up)

League Cup (winners)
1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

League Cup (runners-up)
1982, 2002, 2009

FA Charity Shield (winners)
1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, (1967, 1981, 1991 - shared)

FA Charity Shield (runners-up)
1920, 1982

UEFA Cup (winners)
1972, 1984

UEFA Cup (runners-up)

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (winners)

Anglo-Italian League Cup (winners)

First Team Squad
View attachment 304264

The Beginning
When it was announced that I, a twenty seven year old rookie with no experience in management would be taking charge at Tottenham, it was met by the fans and media alike with ridicule. To say the very least, I felt a bit intimidated but Daniel Levy put my mind at ease as he reiterated his faith in me.

During the meeting with Mr. Levy, he informed me that my financial constraints would be; £1.59m for Wages and a transfer budget of £20m.

And before introducing me to my new assistant Mr. Levy suggested that I arrange a press conference to introduce me as manager which I agreed to, and to my surprise he also said that he would arrange it for me. And I ensured him that my aim was to bring back the glory days to the club.

Upon meeting my assistant Manager Bruno Demichelis, I could tell he was a through professional and he knew what he was doing in his role. This helped put me at ease a bit more and we got down to business, arranging an intra squad friendly for me to evaluate my players. Bruno also gave me his own team report which I found incredibly helpful to get a second insight to the team. The rest of the meeting ran pretty smooth as we discussed who would undertake which roles and we soon parted ways in preparation for training.

Take a look at Ryan Ledson for a young rising star.

Good luck mate! Couldn't get a better start selling the guy from *****!

Maybe sign Dele Alli now he is a Tottenham player IRL. Also do you know what you are going to do in the Striker department? I have a Tottenham save and my first job was shipping Adey and Soldado out.

Take a look at Ryan Ledson for a young rising star.
I'll have to have a scout do me a report on him. Never heard of him. Cheers for the tip.

Good luck mate! Couldn't get a better start selling the guy from *****!
lol, he had to go after yesterdays tweets... "freedom" haha

Maybe sign Dele Alli now he is a Tottenham player IRL. Also do you know what you are going to do in the Striker department? I have a Tottenham save and my first job was shipping Adey and Soldado out.
I'm very interested in Dele Alli and possibly sending him back to MK Dons for now as he wont get in my side yet. I agree about Ade and Soldado but I only play with one striker so I might see how they fare in pre-season before I make any decisions.

Good luck with this!
Cheers bud, appreciate it. Hope I don't disappoint.

Pre Season
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

AFC Astra vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Friendly)
View attachment 76452126' Valerica Gaman (o.g)
View attachment 76449230' Aaron Lennon
View attachment 76449239' Kyle Naughton
View attachment 76449244' Roberto Soldado
View attachment 76449258' Christian Eriksen
View attachment 76449266' Jan Vertonghen

View attachment 764517Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 2-6
Dominant from the beginning as expected and the players are looking sharp from the off.

Crawley Town vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Friendly)
View attachment 76449215' Christian Eriksen
View attachment 76449264' Harry Kane
View attachment 76452187' Marvin Elliot (o.g)
View attachment 76449290' Jan Vertonghen

View attachment 764517Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 0-4
Another display as expected from the players. Passing is crisp, and plenty of chances created.

Preston North End vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Friendly)
View attachment 76449214' Roberto Soldado (pen)
View attachment 76449246' Roberto Soldado
View attachment 76449252' Roberto Soldado
View attachment 76449260' Christian Eriksen

View attachment 764517Roberto Soldado (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 2-4
A bit of a shoddy display defensively but the chance creation and passing was on point. This is beginning to fill me with confidence for the start of the season.

Southend United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Friendly)
View attachment 76449214' Andros Townsend
View attachment 76449215' Nacer Chadli

View attachment 764517Nacer Chadli (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 0-2
Another easy win against a weaker side but it's good to see that we can get the job done against sides like these.

Barnet vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Friendly)
View attachment 76449258' Aaron Lennon
View attachment 76449289' Aaron Lennon
View attachment 76452190' Bondz N'Gala (o.g)

View attachment 764517Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 0-3
This was a great display by the whole team once more. Defensively sound and beginning to look more like the finished article. Our fitness levels are increasing too.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leverkusen (Friendly)
View attachment 7644929' Roberto Soldado (pen)
View attachment 76449288' Roberto Soldado

View attachment 764517Roberto Soldado (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 2-0
Finally a test against a team of some caliber. Our defence was solid and shown that they are ready for the start of the Premiership. A lot of the players lasted the full 90 minutes showing me that their fitness levels are pretty much there.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Porto (Friendly)
View attachment 76449256' Andros Townsend
View attachment 76452174' Maicon (o.g)
View attachment 76449277' Nacer Chadli

View attachment 764517Nacer Chadli (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 764518FT 3-0
Our fourth clean sheet in a row and a great way to end our pre-season. Limited the opposition to only a couple of chances and both from long range. We closed down quickly and got the ball up the field quickly with some sharp passing which will no doubt have delighted the fans as it did me.

Overall a great pre-season with a 100% win record. I know the first bunch of games were against lower rated sides but it was purely for fitness purposes. The last two games were designed to test us and we persevered and did it in style. The start of the season is just around the corner, only 7 days away and we look like we could do some damage this season.

Last edited:
Pre Season Q&A
You sit here having become the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur, with very limited experience and much nationwide criticism to your appointment. What do you say to your critics?
"Quite simply, judge me on on my performances, not my name. I have all of my coaching qualifications, moreso than some previous Managers that have set foot in this league who got their jobs because of their name and amounted to nothing. At the end of the day I'm not here to answer the doubters, I'm here to do a job, and that is to get this club back to the top where they belong."

So what are your aims for Tottenham this season?
"I'm here to deliver to the fans what they want, Champions League football and trophies. Nothing less."

View attachment 765043
Given the caliber of the squads around you, do you think that is achievable this season?
"Of course I do. We have one of the strongest squads in the Premiership. We can quite easily put out two separate sides in the league and remain capable. I am blessed with the squad I have."

Whilst we're on the subject of your squad, we have seen Benoit Assou Ekotto leave early in the transfer window already this season, are there any more plans for transfers in and out of the club this window?
"You all know the nature of this business. Never say never as money talks and you never know who is going to be available on the last day. As of right now, I would be very happy for the window to shut and continue into the season with my current set of players."

View attachment 303850
Thank you for your time and good luck on your first venture into management.

August
*I will only be listing Tottenham scorers.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham United (Premier League)

View attachment 765194Mark Noble (West Ham United)
View attachment 765197FT 0-0
Not the worst result to start off with but we really should have done better with the chances created. We looked very good defensively but our finishing left a lot to be desired.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Venstpils (UEFA Europa League)
View attachment 76520011' Erik Lamela
View attachment 76520054' Mousa Dembélé
View attachment 76520073' Emanuel Adebayor (pen)
View attachment 76520090' Ben Davies

View attachment 765194Erik Lamela (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 765201FT 4-0
The scoreline literally does nothing to show our dominance. It was a great performance that puts us in a great position to qualify for the group stages. A note on Adebayor however, that he was pretty much non-existent apart from the penalty.

Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League)
View attachment 76520038' Roberto Soldado

View attachment 765194Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
View attachment 765204FT 4-1
Paulinho gave away a penalty in the 9th minute and it was pretty much downhill from there. An absolutely awful display as we had no answer to Liverpool after gifting them the lead.

Venstpils vs. Tottenham Hotspur (UEFA Europa League)
View attachment 76520016' Roberto Soldado
View attachment 76520034' Erik Lamela
View attachment 76520060' Erik Lamela

View attachment 765194Erik Lamela (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 765201FT 2-3 (2-7 on aggeragate)
Absolutely abysmal defending to end the match. Two last minute own goals from Fazio made the scoreline look worse than it was. Lamela is pushing for a start in the Premiership and I think he'll get his chance in the next match.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sunderland (Premier League)
View attachment 7652003' Jan Vertonghen
View attachment 7651527' Costel Pantilimon (o.g)
View attachment 7652008' Mousa Dembélé
View attachment 76520056' Roberto Soldado

View attachment 765194Mousa Dembélé (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 765201FT 4-0
A great way to end a topsy turvy month. Three nil up inside ten minutes capped an impressive display and has reinstilled the confidence that was lacking after the Liverpool defeat.

View attachment 303802

Overall not the worst month but the loss to Liverpool will definitely stick in my mind for some time to come. Erik Lamela, Roberto Soldado and Mousa Dembélé have particularly impressed and Adebayor really hasn't. With the transfer deadline just around the corner it may be worth seeing if there is any interest in him and trying to get rid of his £100k wages, then possibly find a replacement as I will only be left with Kane and Soldado.

View attachment 303801
First signing of the season is definitely one for the future. Dele Alli for £2.5m feels like a bit of a steal if my scouts are to be believed. As part of the deal he will be loaned back to MK Dons for the remainder of the Season. Scouts will be posted at every match to keep an eye on his progress.

View attachment 303800
We took a bit of a cut price for Adebayor. Purely to be able to get him through the doors along with his £100k a week wages. He'll do well in Italy and I'll be aiming to re-invest the money I have received for him as soon as possible.

View attachment 303796
After my scouts came back with reports on top youth English talent in the striker department I knew Berahino was the man for the team. I felt the fee was reasonable, but I was a little annoyed with the wages he demanded. I reluctantly agreed due to the transfer window coming to a close relatively soon.

I still have a couple more negotiations going on, including the possibility of a big player leaving the club, but only if my valuation of the player is met. Watch this space.

View attachment 303789
I'm a little bit gutted to announce the departure of Vertonghen, but I think the money was right being a player of his temperament I don't think he would've reacted the way a professional should if I rejected the deal. £38.5m up front is not to be sniffed at either and this leaves me four hours to reinvest and find a centre back before that window closes.

Unsure on who I will target yet. Youth or experience? I think I'll go for an experienced player as I have lost a leader in Vertonghen and need a defender who will be willing to take charge from the get go.

There are still other deals in the pipeline, but the negotiating is going down to the wire.

View attachment 303784
Got the man I was after. He may not be Jan Vertonghen in a lot of peoples eyes but he is a proven leader, proven Premiership player, and a massive presence on the football pitch. At only 26 years old I think I have his best years ahead of him and I'm very happy with the £11m fee. Welcome to the club Shawcross!

With a little bit extra money to play with and an hour and a half until the deadline closes I am still working on deals. I have three more targets in mind, but we're still trying to knock the prices down before we move onto contract talks.

View attachment 303781
Another one through the door, and a player regarded by my scouts as a definite purchase. James Ward-Prowse already looks the finished article and is still improving. Reminding me of a Christian Eriksen but playing deeper in midfield rather than behind the front man. I can't fault him, corners, crossing, free kicks, passing, technique to name a few things. I look forward to seeing him pull on a Spurs shirt.

And don't let the fee fool you. We have paid an initial £15m upfront and a further £15m over 48 months. That's around £315k a month for four years. If he can provide the kind of football I'm expecting then I can live with that monthly outgoing.

There are still two more deals in the pipeline but the restricted time of 45 minutes is making it look increasingly less likely.

View attachment 303779
That's it! The transfer window has closed and I am very happy with our deals considering I didn't want to lose Vertonghen but just couldn't turn down that offer. We're only £4m down during this transfer window and there has only been three in and three out to the first team so not too much upheaval. A major aspect of the transfers that I am happy with is that all the signings are English and have played in this division already. Hopefully they can make the step up to Europe with the rest of the team without too much hassle.

I just couldn't push those last two transfers over the line. Fees were agreed at £7m a piece and both deals had the players returning to their clubs on loan for the rest of the Season, but the two of them refused to go out on loan straight away. We tried negotiating a cut price deal with both clubs to get them on a permanent deal but the prices were pushed too high and I wasn't happy to match their valuations.

There is always January though.

The two players in question were Derby County's Will Hughes, and Fulham's Patrick Roberts. Scouts were raving about the pair so I'll be sure to follow their progress.

September

Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion (Premier League)
View attachment 76597020' Andros Townsend
View attachment 76597025' Christian Eriksen
View attachment 76597039' Andros Townsend
View attachment 76597047' Roberto Soldado

View attachment 765975Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 765981FT 4-1
A great start to the month with a commanding victory over an inferior looking West Brom side. Shawcross and Ward-Prowse made their debuts whilst Berahino was an unused substitute and there are early signs that they have already started to fit in with good performances from the off.

Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Tottenham Hotspur (UEFA Europa League)

View attachment 76597034' Nacer Chadli

View attachment 765975Max Kruse (Borussia Monchengladbach)
View attachment 765982FT 4-1
An absolutely awful display. I made a load of changes from the Premier League match but thought I had still put out a very competitive side. We had 15 shots and none on target, with only 2 from long range so there should be no excuses. The opposition should've had more and if it weren't for Lloris they probably would of had double figures.

Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League)
View attachment 76597025' Christian Eriksen

View attachment 765975Yaya Touré (Manchester City)
View attachment 765980FT 1-1
The resilience that we lacked in the previous game appeared in todays match and we defended superbly as we managed to ****** a draw at the Etihad. We gave as good as we got in a very open match and I'm glad to have got the point.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea (Capital One Cup 3rd Round)

View attachment 7659709' Saido Berahino
View attachment 76597014' Federico Fazio
View attachment 76597024' Ryan Mason
View attachment 76597087' Aaron Lennon

View attachment 765975Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 765981FT 4-0
A very good peformance from the same team that struggled in the Europa League. This competition is more of a run out for the fringe players, but if they continue like this they could be pushing for a first team spot.

Queens Park Rangers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League)
View attachment 76597027' Erik Lamela
View attachment 76597078' Erik Lamela

View attachment 765975Erik Lamela (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 765981FT 2-1
A tough match against an in form QPR saw us run out two one winners. Whilst it's nice to get the victory we could have been a lot more convincing.

View attachment 303469
Overall not a bad month at all. Two wins and a draw in the league, and that draw being at the Etihad. We cruised through to the Capital One Cup 4th round and will face Bournemouth away in the next round, another game for fringe players to prove themselves. The only downside was the shockingly poor performance against Gladbach. Perhaps I underestimated them and put out a weaker side as an insult, but regardless the side I put out should have been a lot more competitive than what we were. However, if we were to continue this form into the next few months we could find ourselves at the right end of the table.

Last edited:
October

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur (UEFA Europa League)
View attachment 76616655' Ryan Mason
View attachment 76616680' Andros Townsend

View attachment 766168Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 766171FT 2-0
A lot more difficult than expected but very happy to see the fringe players get the job done with a clean sheet to boot.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley (Premier League)
View attachment 76616615' Vlad Chiriches
View attachment 76616663' Erik Lamela
View attachment 76616681' Andros Townsend

View attachment 766168Vlad Chiriches (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 766171FT 3-0
A complete eleven changes in the starting lineup back to my full strength side and they performed superbly. Burnley didn't stand a chance and couldn't really string anything together. Unfortunately both Eriksen and Lamela had to be taken off with injuries during the match. Luckily we're heading into and International break so they'll miss less games than expected.

View attachment 303383View attachment 303381

Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League)

View attachment 76616620' Harry Kane
View attachment 76616689' Aaron Lennon

View attachment 766168Mame Diouf (Stoke City)
View attachment 766177FT 2-2
Not the greatest result but considering we didn't have our two most creative players on the pitch it'll have to do. We may have been lucky to grab a last gasp equaliser but we managed to scrape by in the end.

Slovan Liberec vs. Tottenham Hotspur (UEFA Europa League)
View attachment 76616690+2' Roberto Soldado (pen)

View attachment 766168David Pavelka (Slovan Liberec)
View attachment 766180FT 2-1
It's really beginning to look like my fringe players are not even able to cope against the smaller teams in the competition which is beginning to become increasingly worrying. We deserved and got nothing from this match.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace (Premier League)
View attachment 7661666' Kyle Naughton
View attachment 76616650' Andros Townsend
View attachment 76616683' Ryan Mason

View attachment 766168Kyle Naughton (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 766171FT 3-0
The team look so much more fluid when we're back to full strength. Lamela came on in the second half as he continues his progress since injury and had a decent return.

Bournemouth vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Capital One Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 7661665' Ryan Mason
View attachment 76618175' Neil Etheridge (o.g)
View attachment 766166114' Ben Davies
View attachment 766166116' Benjamin Stambouli

View attachment 766168Nacer Chadli (Tottenham Hotspur)
View attachment 766171FT 2-4 aet
We made this ridiculously harder than need be. Granted I put out a weakened side as we travel to the Emirates in three days but still we're capable of so much better. The draw was after the match and we will be facing West Ham away in the quarter finals.

View attachment 303379
Not the worst month in the league but we left a lot to be desired in the cup competitions. I know drastic changes from match to match aren't the cleverest thing to do, but when I know the opposition shouldn't be a match for my side it's very disappointing to see the team struggle.

Player of the Month
View attachment 303378
A great month for Andros Townsend who scored three goals this month in four starting appearances.