The game needs a "wears protective bubble at all times" option for players

Danbo

Reaction score
I've seen guys with a nonsense number of injuries in the past, but never seen anything that tops this.

View attachment 411546

To summarize, out of 3 years and 5 months of gametime, he's been hurt for about half of it (counting for summer breaks), on 16 separate injuries. But to top it off....every single one happened in training! You have this guy getting hurt in practice all the time, about every 10 weeks, it would be a bad joke after a while.

Anyway, I understand if a player has a high injury proneness rating, but shouldn't the game have some sort of limiting factor to make it somewhat realistic? They'd at least start keeping sharp objects and teammates away from the guy at some point, right?

Last edited:
No.

Same goes for **** like consistency, big matches, etc.

It's those hidden attributes which AREN'T variables which ruin the gaming experience.

It's also a "new" addition with all things considered. A rather annoying one at that. I understand why but SI need to come up with a better formula. It's a joke right now.

Take Sanogo for instance. He has a 15 injury rating.
In previous versions of the game it wasn't this high. EVEN after breaking his leg.

However because the media reported him injured this year for Arsenal he's supposedly injury prone. When Arsene comes out later and says he was on a training regime set out by him... well... it makes the media, the staff at SI and a lot of fans look silly. Because no one is actually giving their opinion. They're too afraid. And because of this they're forced to copy one another. So even if they're wrong no one really complains. Because they all get what they want. Which is to be correct.

This is a prime example of why this method of "perma-hidden attributes" does NOT work. In previous versions of the game this wasn't the case. I had many injured players who unluckily got injured... but'd then go on to have a fine career. In all versions of FM14 Sanogo goes on to be mediocre at best. At BEST.

Add to that all the other errors and the fact that none of them are fixed till Jan-Feb...

I doubt I'll ever purchase another FM title again.

Same goes for the runs too guys. For example if a striker likes to drop deep... well it takes MONTHS before you train him out of this. I understand with players with low brain functions. But most players tend to be able to change pretty quickly. Quicker than 3 months at least.

I used to like that FM/CM was more your "indie" title which strayed away from public influences. But I'm afraid since the popularity has just gone overboard and with this bullshit "Sky Deadline Transfer blabla" whatever Y gen money scheme... it's lost it's charm and everything is faaaaar too predictable.

Injury prone player gets injured a lot... SHOCKER.

No.

Same goes for **** like consistency, big matches, etc.

It's those hidden attributes which AREN'T variables which ruin the gaming experience.

It's also a "new" addition with all things considered. A rather annoying one at that. I understand why but SI need to come up with a better formula. It's a joke right now.

Take Sanogo for instance. He has a 15 injury rating.
In previous versions of the game it wasn't this high. EVEN after breaking his leg.

However because the media reported him injured this year for Arsenal he's supposedly injury prone. When Arsene comes out later and says he was on a training regime set out by him... well... it makes the media, the staff at SI and a lot of fans look silly. Because no one is actually giving their opinion. They're too afraid. And because of this they're forced to copy one another. So even if they're wrong no one really complains. Because they all get what they want. Which is to be correct.

This is a prime example of why this method of "perma-hidden attributes" does NOT work. In previous versions of the game this wasn't the case. I had many injured players who unluckily got injured... but'd then go on to have a fine career. In all versions of FM14 Sanogo goes on to be mediocre at best. At BEST.

Add to that all the other errors and the fact that none of them are fixed till Jan-Feb...

I doubt I'll ever purchase another FM title again.

Same goes for the runs too guys. For example if a striker likes to drop deep... well it takes MONTHS before you train him out of this. I understand with players with low brain functions. But most players tend to be able to change pretty quickly. Quicker than 3 months at least.

I used to like that FM/CM was more your "indie" title which strayed away from public influences. But I'm afraid since the popularity has just gone overboard and with this bullshit "Sky Deadline Transfer blabla" whatever Y gen money scheme... it's lost it's charm and everything is faaaaar too predictable.

Most of the Hidden attributes aren't all that important though, Injury proneness is a bit of an iffy one because it can vary massively on how much it affects someone. The only two that I would consider important and somewhat key are ambition and professionalism both of which are to do with training and players reaching their PA, also both of which you can have some affect on in game.

As for Sanogo maybe he's just a mediocre at best player? you're basing it all on one person which isn't a fair argument. I've had players in 12/13 ruined by injuries just like I have in 14, it's hardly something new.
For the runs thing it's a PPM, something said player has been doing probably for a good 10 years, it takes time for them to train themselves out of doing it, hidden attributes, age and a few other things come into this too. Some players learn/unlearn them quite quickly others don't.

FM/CM was never an indie title in the slightest, early games were bare because of massive limitations and as soon as they could add in all the "bullshit" they started adding it.