mattfm3

Reaction score
Hello & Welcome to my first FM16 Story!

What we will be taking on is the GJ (Golden Journeyman) Challenge as created by GoldenFM

Basically, this is a challenge where you become a journeyman manager and attempt to move round to various clubs and be as successful as possible, the FM dream. The difference being you get points for moving to new clubs, continents and for venturing into different types of management. For more on the scoring system, watch this video and here's a link to the spreadsheet

OK, so for starters I'll let you know how I'm going to be doing the updates. They will be every 3 months, unless I either move clubs or have something else which I need to let you know about. I'll try to keep the updates not too wordy and more about the images, as that way you can see what's happening rather than me attempting to tell you but at the end of each update I will include a 'managers notes' where, if you wish, you can read about my thoughts to where the save is going and how I feel at the club.

So let me introduce you to the format of the updates:

Current Club
Competition Standings
Recent Fixtures
Player of the Update
GJ Challenge Score
Managers Notes

Also, as we join a new club I will give you an overview of the history, my goals and the league format.

As for places I would like to manage; anywhere out of the main 4/5 countries like England and Spain will be where we are starting because there's already enough quality content if you wish to see someone managing out there but that's not to say it's not a future possibility.

The Stats
View attachment 201202
Pretty standard, starting from the bottom.

So that's it for the introduction, let me know what you think of this and where you'd like me to go! Also, this is my first proper attempt at a story so please comment on anything which you feel could be improved in terms of format and how I write the updates.

See you in the next update where I will be finding my first club...

FC CAPE TOWN

We Have a Job!

So after about a week we have managed to land ourselves a job in the capital of South Africa, Cape Town

FC Cape Town - Who?

Founded in 2006, FC Cape Town became one of the many teams wishing to become the main club in Cape Town and during their 7 seasons they are yet to better their first seasons effort of 3rd place and have stagnated as a mid-table side.

Nicknamed the 'African Beasts' FC Cape Town are yet to win a trophy in their short 7 year history but have had a few noticable players play for the club such as Emmanuel Emenike in a 1 season stay at the club where he struggled to get goals and was eventually sold on for 250k

The League

The South African National First Division, only 1 league below the top national division and is made up of 16 teams who play each other twice during the season with the top team gaining automatic promotion and the 2nd and 3rd team entering a 'playoff mini league'.

The only rule of note is that only 5 foreign players are allowed per team

View attachment 201199
How the league predictions stand​
Expectations

We have been given expectations of finishing mid table and to get this we have been given 168k in transfer budget but only a small wage budget of 1.4k which would equate to about 2 players.

Managers Notes

So we have a job! Not what I was expecting but I'm sure it will be a fun challenge, the squad doesn't look too bad so hopefully we can make a push for the top half but with me not managing outside of Europe before it will be interesting to see the difference.

Join me in the next update for the season preview