The Global Free Agent Challenge

MWEST94

Reaction score
I have decided to make a challenge where the clubs in the top leagues have no players. So everyone from these clubs are free agents. The leagues include: English Premier Division, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie, Portugese league, Russian League, Brazilian League and SPL.

The main challenge is to build a team from scratch, using free agents, and challenge for all the cups. But there are lots of smaller challenges which can develop from this, for example build the craziest squad! Everyone will start with 0 transfer budget and a certain wage budget.

Files:
http://www.2shared.com/file/1xpLq86d/Free_Agents.html (DBC format)

http://www.2shared.com/file/ScUi73J-/Free_Agents.html (BAK format)

Ok guys I have uploaded it, dont think you need both files just the DBC file. I put the BAK format there as well just encase you need it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key advice and tips for this challenge:
Every club starts with £1.5 million for wage, this should be more than enough if you spend wisely so dont go offering huge contracts to players. You dont need to buy every world class player someone like Carrick will work for any top team at half the wages.
Watch out for players who put match highest earner, try to remove this from their contract - trust me it helps!
Make sure you sign a few home grown players otherwise you wont be able to compete in the leagues. Also make sure you sign home grown players trained at the club if you are aiming for Champions League!
Create a tactic and make a list of players who you want to sign, trust me theres nothing more annoying when you sign all these players and you miss someone you really want!
Set match preparation to very high on teamwork.
Dont just sign first teamers, sign youngsters and reserve players. Players like Steerling, Vadillo and Niang are available so dont miss out!
Watch out for Chelsea they sign big players, on 1 account they signed Ronaldo and Rooney and on another they signed Messi and Ronaldo!
I recommend starting in June, it gives teams enough time to sign enough players! You dont have to do this but you might get unrealistic results for example Man United beat Bolton 9-2 and Arsenal beat Tottenham 6-2. Unless you are managing a team in Russia!
And dont forget to register the players!
Have fun and post screenshots of your team and how well you are doing in the league!
A few people having being saying their team is full of regans you need to make sure the box 'Add players to playable leagues' is UNTICKED!

This are just suggestions in helping you so dont feel as you have to follow every decision!

Last edited:
This is actually quite a good idea!

Thanks mate! What would u say is an appropriate wage?

You should try it out, it probably will take about half an hour to edit, so give it a go!

I would just leave it the same as it is and just see what players end up where, if i do the database shall i upload so you can give it ago??

I would just leave it the same as it is and just see what players end up where, if i do the database shall i upload so you can give it ago??

No its fine I am creating my own database but u can upload it to here so people can choose which one they prefer. PS I have also made my wage £1.5 mill for each club!

This is a good idea could someone upload the database so i can have a go

When your finished could you upload the DB please? :)

This is a good idea could someone upload the database so i can have a go

Will as soon as I'm done, the only problem is some players are on loan at clubs and is too difficult to remove every single one so Im just going to leave them and if u want to make changes you can. I have just finished my first league: Prem which took 15 mins. So others wont take too long!

Is everyone happy with £1.5mill as the wage budget, espicially for bigger clubs? Plus free agents usually sign for less than they usually earn. E.g. free agent Tevez only cost £97,000 pw, compared to his normal wage. Completed English, German and Portugese!

1.5 mill should be enough i would of thought, keep up the good work :)

Looking forward to this! Are you going to make every team's rep the same and wage budget? It will make it interesting... players like Sergio Aguero at bad SPL teams like Dunfermline would be hilarious :p

Looking forward to this! Are you going to make every team's rep the same and wage budget? It will make it interesting... players like Sergio Aguero at bad SPL teams like Dunfermline would be hilarious :p

Probably not Im quite lazy haha! U can probably adjust yourself when Im done, if you want!

how long roughly till this gets uploaded?

Last edited:
how long roughly till this gets uploaded?

Not long just need to update the transfer budget in portuguese and russian league (untick the transfer box). Also need to remove some loans.

Just dont know how to upload the database!

Just testing this out now with arsenal seeing if the wage and everything works out! Will upload straight after if someone can tell how to upload databases!

Chelsea are definately going to be the best team in the world! They got Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Kaka, Cech and Vidic but I got Rooney haha!

Last edited:
Ok guys I have uploaded it, just waiting approval from the moderators! Then I will post a link to it on here!