Honestly, not good. But that's because they changed tactics for FM 2019. No more Control mentality, you can't change your team shape to Fluid, etc...

Have you played FM 2019 so far? Which tactic do you use?

Ok! I have played a couple of games but not enough to confidently post a tactic. Nevertheless, you can try my strikerless 4-3-3.

Ok! I have played a couple of games but not enough to confidently post a tactic. Nevertheless, you can try my strikerless 4-3-3.

I prefer golden 4-2-3-1. :D Can you post something like that?

I prefer golden 4-2-3-1. :D Can you post something like that?

Hey mate!

I have tried something for you. Tested it with Arsenal and I was surprised by the kind of results I got. Feel free to test it with Juventus. I think it should be a good fit.
Nevertheless, these are must-do:
-always press opposition full backs or wing backs and show them onto their weaker foot
- always press DMs and CMs
-always tackle hard opposition midfielders who have the followings traits (dictate tempo, dwells on the ball, tries killer ball, tries long range passes)
-make sure that your throw-ins are long

try it and let me know the kind of results you have
Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey mate!

I have tried something for you. Tested it with Arsenal and I was surprised by the kind of results I got. Feel free to test it with Juventus. I think it should be a good fit.
Nevertheless, these are must-do:
-always press opposition full backs or wing backs and show them onto their weaker foot
- always press DMs and CMs
-always tackle hard opposition midfielders who have the followings traits (dictate tempo, dwells on the ball, tries killer ball, tries long range passes)
-make sure that your throw-ins are long

try it and let me know the kind of results you have
Cheers!

Kessy, I love you, mate. :wub: Just 2 questions, bro. Is it better to use a positive mentality? For more ball possession? And is it better to have the team more fluid than flexible?

As you can see, I made a few changes. CR7 from CF-SU to CF-ATT, Bernardeschi from W-SU to IF-SU, Pjanic from BBM-SU to AP-SU, Bentancur from CM-DE to DLP-DE and CD-DE to BPD-DE. I didn't change player instructions.

What team do you support, btw? :)

View attachment 28189

Last edited:
Kessy, I love you, mate. :wub: Just 2 questions, bro. Is it better to use a positive mentality? For more ball possession? And is it better to have the team more fluid than flexible?

As you can see, I made a few changes. CR7 from CF-SU to CF-ATT, Bernardeschi from W-SU to IF-SU, Pjanić from BBM-SU to AP-SU, Bentancur from CM-DE to DLP-DE and CD-DE to BPD-DE. I didn't change player instructions.

What team do you support, btw? :)

View attachment 1188435

Hey mate! how is the tactic doing so far? I have made some changes (using Man Utd this time) so feel free to use the new one!
like you have done I am now using 2 IFs. for the CF I thought having him on Attack duty will make him be far away from the AM. But if it works best with Att duty for you no problem.

Hey mate! how is the tactic doing so far? I have made some changes (using Man Utd this time) so feel free to use the new one!
like you have done I am now using 2 IFs. for the CF I thought having him on Attack duty will make him be far away from the AM. But if it works best with Att duty for you no problem.

@kessy
Hey mate. I'm getting this message when i'm trying to load the tactic: "this file could not be imported" !

It works brilliant so far, mate. 2 matches played so far, 2 5-0 wins [vs Udinese at home and vs Genoa away]. CR7 is incredible, scoring goals for fun. Also, set pieces work very well for me.

What team do you support?

@kessy
Hey mate. I'm getting this message when i'm trying to load the tactic: "this file could not be imported" !

Hey mate!
Sorry but this is a FM19 tactic so that could be the reason. If you are looking for a FM18 tactic refer to the OP please. it seems to be a good tactic. Or else look for the golden 4-4-1-1 or the golden 3-4-3. They are all my tactics.

@kessy

Since your team instructions are to distribute the ball to centre-backs, isn't it better to change them into ball playing defenders?

CR7 works perfectly well as CF-ATT for me. Dybala is assisting a lot but is struggling to score except when he scored 4 goals in 1 game.

I also changed BBM-SU to AP-SU as it suits more to Pjanic. And 1 more change: Bentancur from CM-DE to DLP-DE. I didn't change any of your player instructions.

Anyways, like in FM 2018 the aim is to have much more possession and shots on target than your opponent. I hate when I have lots of shots but they are off target.

Are you playing? How are your results?

I am about to start using your 2nd version of "golden 4-2-3-1 attacking"...

Last edited:
its... golden! :D

Which match preparation are you using? Does it differ from game to game, or is it universal?