The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (FC Wholen)

Zedwardson

Reaction score
This is a manager story of me starting as a random dumb american who somehow ended up coaching FC Wholen in the 2nd division of the Swiss leagues.

I will be sharing the good parts, the bad parts, and also the ugly parts. Players getting upset, painful losses. I am new to FM14 and I doubt I will be able to get in the champion league anytime soon. Hopefully I won't be sacked, but if I am, then well I have a few other countries on to land somewhere else. Yes, I will even share the awful moment of being Sacked if it comes to it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Getting off the plane in Zurich and heading north, The new manger walks out to the sports complex. No one knows who he is, but they are willing to pay him to try and keep FC Wholen, the oldest Football team outside of a major city in the Swiss alps, out of the relegation zone.

View attachment 364866View attachment 364865View attachment 364864View attachment 364863

A tough Preseason

-------------------

The preseason was a tough affair, and the manager look out of the windows at the end and wondered

"What in the heck did I get myself into"

FC Wholen had picked up three players he hoped would in the end help the club out. A African striker Brice Owona was the biggest signing, at 1.8k a week, followed by a young Swiss midfielder by the name of Cicrik Tunahan for 1k a week. and due to already assigned saleries, that is all that he could afford off the free transfer market, and that required him to dump a lot of the transfer money into the funds to pay for these signings. Still with this and 3 loans he hoped it would be enough.

After the preseason he wanted to go to the bar and drink. It was painful. The rotation player Guto was out for two months after a nasty game with a Italian side, and the play showed no fair, or at least till the end of the 2nd half in the last preseason game, when the manger finally admitted to himself that FC Wholen was not a good team. Their was a reason why it was viewed as the most likely to be relegated. However it did have some parts that where notable. Its back-line was solid, and while Owona could not hit the side of a barn, some of the other forwards showed that they could be dangerous on set pieces and on the counter-attack before the other team could set it defense up.

Rearranging his tactics to counter-attacking style in a 4-4-2 (or perhaps more accurately a 4-2-2-2) he watched the team hold off the previous bad scores and counter attack with gusto. scoring two late 2nd half goals to tie the game on its lesser opponent. Yes, it was a tie to a lesser team, but for the first time the team actually flowed with the ball.

With this play the team might actually be able to win enough games to stay out of the bottom.

Just figured out I posted in 2013 and not 2014. My Apologies.

Yeah actually I kinda took the line chemistry idea from EA, their NHL games had that at least in NHL 06, I really dont know why they took it out, it was working very well yet it was much based on player types, in a manager game it could be deeper although even the player type system could work well due to the fact it is very simple. Nice to know you digg the idea

