Ooo interesting. Though I think Crewe have good prospects, would love to see you at APOEL, as never seen them in a story, plus then later you could get a bigger job in England. :D

Well here goes mate! Hope you enjoy :p can't wait to get started!

flive.jpg

Brian Laudrup Interview

Sky Sports news reporter Gary Cotterill was the first to get an interview with new sought after Apoel Nicosia manager Brian Laudrup this morning. Brian is clearly delighted to be appointed and has big ambitions at the Cypriot outfit, here is the interview in full from earlier.

Gary Cotterill : Hi Brian, congratulations on your new job at Nicosia! How does it feel to eventually get your hands on a coaching role?

Brian Laudrup : Hi Gary, thank you very much! I'm delighted to get the chance to manage a club such as Nicosia, to me there a club with a growing reputation and I believe I can help them move forward as a club.

Gary Cotterill : There were rumours you where about to sign a 5 year contract with Crewe Alexandra and many Crewe fans seem to be unhappy by missing out on such a popular figure as yourself, what is your thoughts on this?

Brian Laudrup : A 5 year deal!? Gary I never spoke to Crewe at all, I was invited to speak to them but once Nicosia where in for me it was a no brainier. I must stress there was no concrete deal from Crewe.

Gary Cotterill : Why Crewe over Nicosia then?

Brian Laudrup : As I've said nothing was concrete with Crewe so I never really picked Nicosia over anyone but Nicosia are a great club with brilliant fans, I feel it's an exciting time to be there man in charge and there also in Europe which was a major factor, I had a sit down with the chairman and I was promised funds to spend, the chairman is just as ambitious as me so I felt Nicosia would be a great choice!

Gary Cotterill : So what is your targets for this season? Will you be looking to stay beyond your 1 year deal?

Brian Laudrup : I plan to be right up there challenging for the title, that is what the fans expect of us! I'd love to at least make the group stage of the Europa League and possibly win a domestic cup would be a bonus. As for staying beyond my contract well I need to wait and see how I'm doing this time next year!

Gary Cotterill : Good luck with that! Have you got targets in mind for this season?

Brian Laudrup : Once I get stuck into training with the lads I'll see what's what, we have a friendly and then will be playing our Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round so we don't have much time to reshape too much I want the lads to be settled as soon as possible and know where there futures lie.

Gary Cotterill : Well Good luck with everything Brian and thanks for speaking to us!

Brian Laudrup : Thank you Gary, Goodbye!

_59905994_mmsnlaudruprangers.png

Although being an Aberdeen fan I must admit Brian Laudrup was the best player I have ever seen in Scotland (from 1990 onwards). Although as an Aberdeen fan I have to prefer his uncle Ebbe Skovdahl - just for the mini skirt quote alone!!!!!

9k=

Sorry guys I had to reboot my computer. Going to start another story to do me until Footie manager 14 is out tho so hopefully you's will follow!