Reaction score
The Great Manchester Take-Over

Who Am I ?

2 Girls 1 Schlupp

View attachment 106217

I am a 34 year old who was born in Oldham, My mother was from China & moved to Manchester originally where she met my father and they settled down in Oldham, I class myself as English however can also speak fluent Chinese and spent my summer holidays in Asia all through my childhood however grown up life makes it tougher to get over there with work commitments.

Playing professional football was great however I never managed to do much with my career and decided to retire at 27 to run my own sports management business which became a success and made me a fair amount of money, The business still runs today however I have allowed others to take control whilst I began coaching and finally up to this step became football manager of my home town Oldham Athletic, Money is not something I pursue, success, glory & loyalty is and hopefully I will spend many years at the Lactics.

View attachment 106214

View attachment 106216

So the beginning of my career looks like this, half star reputation & a one year contract earning 1.5k a week.

Last edited:
what's with such flamboyant and colorful suits that managers wear nowadays..is it new fashion trend?

what's with such flamboyant and colorful suits that managers wear nowadays..is it new fashion trend?

I didn't want to dress like I was going to a funeral, I don't really like much of the attire available so thought lets be extravagant and bright hopefully my career will be the same.

View attachment 106052

There are 7 professional teams in Greater Manchester, The two best obviously being
United & City. Next we have Wigan in the Championship followed by Bolton, Rochdale, Bury & OLDHAM based on FM17 betting predictions at the beginning of the season.

So the aim of this save is to take the "Worst" pro team in Greater Manchester and overcome the rest and become the #1 in the city & country, No set rules although I will try to keep the budget tight and sign positions I need rather than specific players.

View attachment 106051

View attachment 106044

as you can see the majority of rivalries are all local with the fierce ones coming from Rochdale & United, hopefully it won't be long before were locking horns with the big guns.

View attachment 106050

View attachment 106047

Described as having a poor stadium condition, poor youth facilities and an average training centre I have my work cut out to get this club up and running, Over time hopefully we can build a new stadium, upgrade our facilities and start producing some cracking young players.

View attachment 106049

No big club affiliate which could possibly help with loan players, I reckon the board request will go in and see if we can bag some help for the first couple of seasons to build our youth set up.

*Affiliate accepted but no suitors found*

View attachment 106048

As you can see the trophy room is more like a wardrobe and will need to be improved, with only 3 trophys and no major awards to gloat about, We must aim to bag as many as we can especially a prestigious FA Cup which would mean a great deal.

#ComeOnYouLactics

Last edited:

View attachment 106033

The Squad

View attachment 106034

#1 Keeper is on loan from Middlesborough and is miles better than our other keeper, A position that is key and we are weak in.

View attachment 106032

We are absolutely jam packed with right backs and good right backs at that, Both left backs will also do the job however only two central defenders isn't good enough especially when one is 34 & the other is on loan.

View attachment 106031

Once again the right side of our team is absolutely fine with 4 right sided players all with decent standards, 4 CM players also at a decent standard bar the 20 year old who has to develop, only one left sided player and it's a winger which may not be enforced into my plans as I'm undecided on the tactic. The one benefit here is that there is no loanees and they are all permanent players.

View attachment 106030

Our two best strikers are loanees who have played in the SPFL and come from Wigan & Leeds, I have faith they can do a decent job in this league however the backup isn't exciting and we will need to produce some stars here as its the least priority position at the moment.

TRANSFER PLANS

View attachment 106023

After assessing the squad a tactic idea is still currently not in place although I may adapt a basic 4-4-2 which seems uncommon these days however I want to try new things, My prioritys here are obviously free signings, We have a wage budget of £47'849 and currently spending £44'033 giving us £3816

Last edited:

View attachment 106027

THE STAFF

View attachment 106026

The first viewing of the staffing isn't the best, Overall for our club the coaching isn't the worst and is something I will make do with for the mean time however... the scouting setup ? **** ME (excuse my language) but how can you possibly expect the club to function without any scouts at the club! The irritating thing is we only have 3k wage to bring in the scouts + some players to add depth as explained before.

THE ASSISTANT

View attachment 106025

A former manager of Motherwell, Sligo Rovers & Scunthorpe and although my confidence in him isn't very high he has decent motivation and man management skills and due to the fact we have more important things to sort out I will let him run down his contract and release him in 2018 unless I feel the need to remove him before then and have funds to do so.

THE UPGRADE

View attachment 106024

Well no chances were made as said in the coaching side due to not wanting to waste funds, The scouting system was non existant when I joined however now we have a good set up and the best in the league for judging potential & 3rd best for Ability so its safe to say I'm delighted with this.

Bobby Dickson - Chief Scout

An older experienced scout coming from amateur scottish side Queens Park snapped up for free and only on £450 a week wage until 2019 or he retires I am delighted he's part of our backroom.

Pat Holland - Scout

Pat has plenty of experience in the game working with in London as youth coach, coach & even manager with Leyton Orient so it's very pleasing to snap him up on a 3 year deal worth £450 p/w.

David Magrone - Scout

Another scout who's been based in London and another on £450 until 2019 will be a good addition for the squad until we can improve further with this although it's been 3 great signings.

Gavin Crowe - Sports Scientist

Brought in from Cheltenham to add to the staffing and hopefully help avoid injuries.

I didn't want to dress like I was going to a funeral, I don't really like much of the attire available so thought lets be extravagant and bright hopefully my career will be the same.

TBH I laughed at "going to funeral" part, wished you all the best for your career endeavor :D

View attachment 105449

The Tactic

View attachment 105448

I have tried to change my style of play and play without wingers which I often use, Once the tactic was made I noticed that in my opinion the tactic looked like a hand sticking up the middle finger so this is my FU Tactic and hopefully it does the damage

View attachment 105447

As you will see in the next update this tactic was unorthodox and wasn't very good ? So I have quickly changed it before the save dies.

View attachment 105446

AUGUST

View attachment 105445

A trip to The Den was always going to prove tricky and our small support followed to give us the support, Millwall showed their strength and took a 2 goal lead, A late goal by Ollie Banks gave us a lift and push, The match was fairly even and we controlled possession, Charles Dunne had a poor game for us at left back playing a 5.3.

View attachment 105444

We hosted Blackburn in the cup and although they had a 2nd string team I'm delighted to have knocked them out and we completely dominated despite only winning 1-0 it's a huge boost for our confidence, Dunne was the worst performer again this time playing a 6.3

Drawn away to Brentford in the 2nd round

View attachment 105443

A dissappointing defeat here after Walsall started poorly losing their league opener to AFC Wimbledon, Klok getting sent off made things really difficult and proved key as we fell without a fight, Once again Charles Dunne (must have a target on his back) was poor and I am actively seeking a new left back to get him out the club.

View attachment 105442

An absolute abysmal defeat to a team we should be beating, No excuses even though we received another red card the game was dead and buried before then and I'm fuming at this result it's one I would have bagged as a 3 pointer and Erwin gave me that hope bagging an opener in 7 mins.

View attachment 105441

A rivalry match and a chance for us to get back on track, the match was fairly even however it just shows our lack of confidence as we only muster up 1 shot on target, The fans aren't happy and i'm starting to get stressed and under pressure already.

View attachment 105440

After taking down QPR we faced Brentford who weren't as complacent as I was hoping, they came out with a full squad and walked over us, We managed to grab slightly more possession and got a couple of shots on target however inside 7 minutes we were 2 down and that killed us, Not too annoyed at this result as we did show signs of performing well.

View attachment 105439

We take the lead bag alot more shots on target and still manage to lose ? Frustrating to say the least, Our discipline needs to be sorted out also as we give away 17 fouls and see another player sent off although it had no impact on the end result, Once again we were poor as we finish this months league fixtures without a single point & have only 1 more game this month to go!

View attachment 105438

We lose tthis match on penalties but didn't even deserve to be there to be honest, we were very lucky to draw the original 90 minutes, As much as I think this cup is pointless and don't really care, confidence is completely shot and things aren't looking good as we lose every single league match in August.

View attachment 105437

Well the FU tactic is exactly what I am saying to it '**** YOU' I have removed it from my game as we have a torrid month. Who said football management was easy ? I am stressed like never before and can't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

September

View attachment 105428 View attachment 105427

As we had planned to change tactic we quickly brought back our wingers to give us some width to get the ball into the box, These are the two tactics I rotate between for now.

View attachment 105426

OUR FANS SEE US WIN! We have finally bagged 3 points and get us up off the bottom of the league! Thanks to Andy Parrish and his own goal after McKay missed the ball at the back post who should have originally buried it! A fairly even match but we come out on top hopefully this gives us a little confidence and we can build from this.

2-0 Win Over Flint Town

I decided to try and build on the confidence of winning the last game by adding in a closed door friendly before we played Chesterfield, We only won 2-0 which was sloppy as I was hoping for 5 or 6 goals to boost confidence right up however we played well and won the match so lets see how it goes into the next match.

View attachment 105425

YES! A tactical change in the second half saw us push on and bag two goals to win the match, We laboured in the first half and were lucky to go in 1-1 thanks to Billy McKays first goal for the club and a great cross from Flynn, Winchester changed roles and on came Charles-Cook who bagged the third in a pleasing day.

View attachment 105424

Billy McKay missed out today due to injuring himself against the u18's midweek, Although in stepped Jahraldo-Martin (what a name) who bagged himself a goal in a great performance, A terrific team performance as confidence booms as we begin our climb up the table!

View attachment 105423

****! 2-0 up and cruising we had so many chances here and should have put them out of sight, Sadly this never happened and the inevitible happened as we fall gracefully and concede 2 goals to take a point, Still can't complain considering they started in 3rd place! Jahraldo-Martin continued his fine form and will keep McKay off the wings with this form! Overall it was a fairly even match based on stats but Erwin hit the bar at 2-0 which could have put us out of sight.

View attachment 105422

WHAT A PERFORMANCE! we fired into a 3-0 lead in the first half, Erwin made way to the bench today for McKay and boy did he repay me, Our attacking 3 were outstanding in creating chances today, At 4-0 I made some changes and took off our booked players to ensure we had 11 men on the park, This changed the game and gave them a glimmer of hope bagging 2 goals in 3 minutes but thankfully we held our nerve and won a match no one gave us any chance of winning. A fantastic end to a month.

View attachment 105421

What a difference 1 month and a tactic change makes! From losing every league game to winning 4 and drawing one, especially against two top sides in Charlton & Swindon! The pressure has certainly lifted and the team are playing with confidence. Lee Erwin dissappointed me this month and was dropped and will remain on the bench until McKay loses form so he will need to prove himself from the bench to get back into the squad.

View attachment 105420

Bury sit bottom of the table which is good to see as we want our rivals to fail, Rochdale are currently ahead of us in 11th however only 2 points seperate us, Somehow we have managed to find fantastic form and now sit 15th from dead last and are now only 8 points off the top spot and 5 off the playoffs which is a fantastic turn of form although we will not get ahead of ourselves as proven things can turn around quickly.

View attachment 1103530

October

View attachment 1103531

A defeat to the league leaders seems ok however judging the match we didn't look any different but just seemed to lose our ability to finish this time around, Can't be too harsh on the team but at home we need to do the hard parts and take our chances.

View attachment 1103532

I have no interest in this competition so allowed my assistant to take control here to expand his knowledge and experience in the game, We lost 1-0 however were the better team and should have won the game.

View attachment 1103533

An absolute **** game as we get destroyed, regardless of gillingham being 2nd 5 shots 0 on target is pathetic and we need to improve or were going to end up on a 0% win rate for this month.

View attachment 1103534

A pleasing victory as we break our slump away to Bolton, Billy McKay returned to the score sheet once more giving us a valuable 3 points and a return to winning ways.

View attachment 1103535

A nice little home tie should see us go through comfortably, As long as we play well I am confident we will get into the next round.

View attachment 1103536

An absolutely horrid result once more in front of the home fans, Again we created chances but can never finish which is something I will need to look at and in the next match I am going to attempt to play both strikers up front.

DERBY DAY

View attachment 104827

View attachment 104822

Pumped, absolutely pumped.

View attachment 104821

Despite sitting exactly where we are predicted to finish and a few wins could take us right up the table, I am still disappointed and annoyed especially when we had a great month then a **** month right after and cannot find consistency.