The Great San Marino Challenge Adaptation - India

prince0102

Reaction score
Prologue & Disclaimer: I will say right now that this is a direct adaptation from the San marino challenge. Even the words here are a direct lift from the San Marino challenge (thanks kandersson). I wanted a new challenge after being a fan of san marino but wanted one which was equal in difficulty. The other thing that I have always wanted to change was that the San Marino club uses the Italian league and its money to quickly jump ahead. So here's my adapation

Introduction; India is a country with the second largest (or largest?) population in the world but its national team is ranked 145th. Surely, all it needs is a shrewd, smart, intelligent manager who can take an indian club to the heights of Asian champions league and take the Indian NT to be among the best in the world. Will that shrewd, smart, intelligent manager be you ?

The Challenge:
a) take control of a club in India- competing in the indian league and take them all the way to champions and asian championship success. At the same time your goal is to take the Indian national team - from being virtually teribble to become a top football country, and hopefully a World Cup winner someday.

The key part of this challenge is using the club's progress to improve the quality of the national team: improve training & youth facilities, expand recruitment network, hire quality staff and build an international reputation. Do as much as you can in order to produce a new generation of local talent and dramatically improve the atrocious standard of Indian footballers.

You can move from 1 indian club to another (but cannot manage multiple clubs at the same time). In fact this is encouraged as you may need to improve the youth facilities at a few different clubs and not just one to win the world cup with the NT.

Long story short: the future of the whole country depends on you and your club!

Obviously this is an open challenge without limits of time or specific goals to achieve, it requires some kind of long term commitment though. You're welcome to post your progress with both club or country, results, unusual screens, signings, tactics, best 11, promising prospects from your academy etc. Whatever you like!

Some extra achievements are listed here just to bring some novelty and freshness to the challenge. No points awarded or rankings this is just for fun, anyway those who complete at least one of the "extras" will be inducted in the Indian Hall of Fame which will be added in OP
wink.gif

Club:

- Champion Treble: win Indian L for 3 consecutive seasons
- Giant Killer: Start with the relegation favorites (media prediction 13-14) and win the Indian L
- The Great Legend: Win the Indian L and the Asian Champions league within the first 3 years
- Local Giant: Win the league using only Indian players(dual nationality allowed)
- The Special One: Win the league and the Asian Champions league using 3 different clubs
- The Invincibles: Stay undefeated in the League

- First Time Ever: Qualify for the first time ever (World Cup)
- The Big Upset: win or draw a match against a top 50 ranked national team within 5 years (competitive match or friendly)
- Beat The King: beat B. Bhutia's amazing record of 43 international goals
- Top 10: climb FIFA rankings to become a top 10 NT within 2020
- Titanic Effort: win a major international tournament (World Cup or Olympics)

and of course,

The Great Indian Double: win FIFA Club World Cup with the club and World Cup with the national team

RULES & INSTRUCTIONS

You need to load all players of Indian nationality at the start of the game

You can start the challenge as club manager, NT manager or both. You can manage only 1 indian club at a time but can move from 1 indian club to another.

Do not use external database, genie scout, FMRTE or any other editor. Not only this goes against the spirit of the challenge, it simply makes it meaningless. Also do not manage multiple clubs at the same time, as this would give you an unfair advantage with transfers, scouting, knowledge etc.

Obviously this is your game and you can play the way you like but please respect these simple rules if you want to join this particular challenge.

Indian HALL OF FAME

PS: Please use this thread only to show your progress with the challenge including your signings, tactics, best 11, success etc

East Bengal for glory!

I liked the sound of this so have started as East Bengal, won the Durand Cup and the league in the 1st season, but got knocked out of the group stages of the Fed Cup.

In the early stages of season 2 and lost in the final of the Durand Cup to last seasons runners up and 2nd place league team Dempo, they look like being my main challengers again this season.

1 thing though, when i have been a European team I have been able to see the European competition coefficients, aisa doesn't seem to have this, does this mean the Indian League will be stuck with 1 champs league place and 1 Confederation Cup place for all time? If so thats going to make this challenge even harder than I thought! Oh by the way I'm doing this on FM10 so maybe 12 has Asain coeffs.

I tried a similar challenge with Indonesia. I managed a team in the bottom league, Jakarta, and managed to get them back toback promotions and sitting comfortably in the top league. Its good because you dont know anyone and the club I started with had no players so had to start from scratch. With the country there were around 150th. Their ranking went ddown at the start but managed to get them to the top 100, winning a competion with them. Forget what its called but the likes of Thailand, Phillipines and Vietnam compete in it. Even managed to get the knock out stages of the world cup, only to get beaten 3-0 by Brazil!

I think you mean the AFF Championship (between National teams of South East Asia). Won it with Singapore.

I was a san marino team on fm10. I can't remember what they were called, but I got them into the CL after a few seasons. I was using a custom DB tho, with the San Marino league on it
wink.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 278324

I am enjoying this challenge. Initially, I thought this would be impossible because you never earn enough money like in the San marino challenge and my request to upgrade got rejected every year.

But interestingly, i have had good attacking players come through the youth intake nonetheless and am making quite good progress