The Great San Marino Challenge

So glad to see this thread! I started the challenge right after getting FM12. Question: if I forgot to load all the SM players, do I need to restart, or is there some way to get the national team/load them after the game started?

I'm not sure if the new add/remove league feature has other advanced options that can help you. If you can't find a way to make the NT available I'm afraid you'll have to restart.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

A shame indeed. From what I (vaguely) remember, I did check at the very start to make sure the NT was fully loaded, and it was as far as I remember. I started a new game with the same database just to compare and there were no gray players. Unsure what to do at the moment. Either start over and risk it happening again or continue and hope the grayed out players get replaced by real ones.

EDIT:
****FOUND A SOLUTION****

In case anyone else runs into the problem simply add a new head coach, make him manager of the NT, and then retire him. This forces gray players to be removed and now the option to apply is back. So relieved :).

glad to hear that! I feel you have the potential to make great things for San Marino ;)

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, the best challenge on FM is back, always loved San Marino and I'll start my save now.

<3.

Giving this a go for sure, already half way through my 1st season, gonna take awhile but it sounds such a long and fun challenge!

Whay a nightmare looking challenge.. ace. i'll have a go after my patriot challenge game ^_^

Well I finished my First Season with San Marino, here is the final league results.

View attachment 199643

Financialling Im doing ok, still losing money each month, however I managed to get a nice surplus at the start of the season after removing the **** opposition from my friendly fixtures and adding fixtures against Serie A opposition. Ill do the same at the start of the second season and hopefully the clubs finances will allow an upgrade to the Youth Facilities, but we will see.

View attachment 199645

Key Players through the Campaign.

Philippe Delcourt, I picked him up in January for free, as a very Ferdinand type player, quite good Speed, Postioning and anticipation for a Lower League player. Played solidly for me in the run in, when one of my first choice starting dropping in form.

View attachment 199644
Sciarrone was nice and solid, not overly spectacular, but I think a solid keeper is the backbone to any successful league campaign.

View attachment 199642
My star AMC, Played well and consistently through out the season and scored quite a few goals in the run in while I was still chasing Alessandria.

View attachment 199641
And finally my Transfer History for the entire season

View attachment 199646
Ill keep people updated on how its going, Im not in charge of the national team yet, I kinda wanna showcase Managerial Prowess with the Club so when the National team manager is either fired or retires Ill be the best candidate for the job :). Hoping for some Facility upgrades next season but we will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Well I finished my First Season with San Marino, here is the final league results.

View attachment 199643

Financialling Im doing ok, still losing money each month, however I managed to get a nice surplus at the start of the season after removing the **** opposition from my friendly fixtures and adding fixtures against Serie A opposition. Ill do the same at the start of the second season and hopefully the clubs finances will allow an upgrade to the Youth Facilities, but we will see.

View attachment 199645

Key Players through the Campaign.

Philippe Delcourt, I picked him up in January for free, as a very Ferdinand type player, quite good Speed, Postioning and anticipation for a Lower League player. Played solidly for me in the run in, when one of my first choice starting dropping in form.

View attachment 199644
Sciarrone was nice and solid, not overly spectacular, but I think a solid keeper is the backbone to any successful league campaign.

View attachment 199642
My star AMC, Played well and consistently through out the season and scored quite a few goals in the run in while I was still chasing Alessandria.

View attachment 199641
And finally my Transfer History for the entire season

View attachment 199646
Ill keep people updated on how its going, Im not in charge of the national team yet, I kinda wanna showcase Managerial Prowess with the Club so when the National team manager is either fired or retires Ill be the best candidate for the job :). Hoping for some Facility upgrades next season but we will see how it goes.

seeing some nice first seasons from you guys, a good start is always important in this challenge so great job!

for those who have completed one season: could you please confirm me how (and especially when) young players are generated from the youth set up? same as last year, around end of june or before? this info would help me with the humble san marino guide I'm workin on ;)

seeing some nice first seasons from you guys, a good start is always important in this challenge so great job!

for those who have completed one season: could you please confirm me how (and especially when) young players are generated from the youth set up? same as last year, around end of june or before? this info would help me with the humble san marino guide I'm workin on ;)

Youth intakes are at a different time in FM this time, I cannot remember exact dates but I got my youth intake somewhere past the halfway point (After January) and you get a whole bunch of them and then after they have been with you a few weeks I think your Assistant asks who to sign on.

Was sad that I didnt get any decent San Maranese youth in first intake, fingers crossed for the next one

To manage both National and club team do you need 2 managers or I will I be able to have both with 1 manager right from the start?

To manage both National and club team do you need 2 managers or I will I be able to have both with 1 manager right from the start?

Start as club, add another manager as NT Manager.

Or do the same, retire with the NT Manager and apply for it with your club manager and hope for the best.

Played only a friendly with the NT so far, a 2-0 loss so Bosnia and Herzegovina. Very happy.

Start as club, add another manager as NT Manager.

Or do the same, retire with the NT Manager and apply for it with your club manager and hope for the best.

Played only a friendly with the NT so far, a 2-0 loss so Bosnia and Herzegovina. Very happy.

Nice one.:)

Guys i need suggestions for good wingers/inside fors :)

Struggling with this as well because the Italian free agents are so old and have no pace. The non EU rule is a kick in the bollocks.

Struggling with this as well because the Italian free agents are so old and have no pace. The non EU rule is a kick in the bollocks.

Hehehe :D U hv right my friend... I cant find an acc/paced inside forward... pffff..

I think it's March 18th. They all get put into a new 'Youth Squad' so you can easily differentiate between U20s and new recruits. Upon intake they are all automatically scouted and given reports, and you can watch them take on your U20's team. Ultimately, you pick which youths you want to keep and give them contracts, so you aren't going to be stuck with ~10+ useless recruits anymore.

Thanks Jomo and PWSquirrels for the info

new san marino guide thread is here, anyone feel free to check it: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/85285-san-marino-guide-kandersson.html#post1349200

a
lso from now on could you please guys use the guide thread for any help request and suggestion (transfers, tactics etc) so we can use this one only for our/your progress with the challenge?

I promise I'll help you as much as I can, which is not much atm as I haven't started the challenge yet ;)

Starting a new save as I have missed out on a few great players I've just realised.

Played 2 games, one with NT and one with Club.

San Marino NT 0-2 Bosnia and Herzegovina.

San Marino 3-1 forgot who :p

Also, if you had to compare Seria C2B with an English league, which one would it be?

Starting a new save as I have missed out on a few great players I've just realised.

Played 2 games, one with NT and one with Club.

San Marino NT 0-2 Bosnia and Herzegovina.

San Marino 3-1 forgot who :p

Also, if you had to compare Seria C2B with an English league, which one would it be?

It has the same rep as the Npwr 2

Just started my game, Going to do this as my journeyman save in FM, I always play LLM, and then I mean lowest possible so I think that this team has a lot of money (knowing that I'm used to budgets of 4k wage). I have loaded 40+ leagues so I will do this challenge and then go on to maybey lowest in england and try to get both the english hero and Italian hero achievements in 1 game... (that will be a long go)