Chronicx

Reaction score
Crystal Palace
Season 1

attachment.php

Hi guys! Its my first time doing Manager story on FM-base so Im kinda new. I've read a few stories and I found it very interesting and decided to make my own story. I hope you will like it!
P.S sorry for my English (From Sweden).

I took over The Eagles 1 january 2012 which gave me more time to adapt to the team. I had 7,5 million £ transfer budget and a wage budget of £310k p/w to start with, but in july I got around 15 million £ more.

My goal for first season is to finish in Mid-table.

attachment.php

Silly Season

OLD but GOLD! Rivaldo, great attributes great corners and free kicks, which already proved me in preseason.

attachment.php

Hiroshi Kiyotake, complete midfielder, with great passing and creativity, he will be our midfield General.

attachment.php

Neilton from Santos. What a talent! I know few of you will wonder, why to buy ST when I already got Chamakh but i couldn't resist 17 years old Neilton, he already had a great preseason with me and I know he will be the star of the team next season I can feel it!

attachment.php

Another 17 years old talent from Empoli. I'll try to give him the best training he can get, this guy have great potential to be very good CD. Having Ray Willkins as my defense coach, will help the kid to develop in good way.

attachment.php

Last but not Least Nicolas Frey! Right/Central deffender from chievo. Bought him to strengthen my defense.

attachment.php

Starting 11 for Crystal Palace. Might be some changes but this is the formation I'll try to play.
Against bigger teams I'll need to remove AM/C Neilton and replace him with Defensive Midfielder.

attachment.php

Ins and Outs.

attachment.php

Preseason

Started with a defeat against Conventry, but after quick tactic changes got a good result. Have been decent preseason with 3 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat. Totaly goals scored - 8. Goals conceded - 2

attachment.php

Thats all for today Folkz! If I get good response I will update this thread daily!

Last edited:
Season 1 finished!

It was a very tough season for us with alot of injuries. Despite that I'm glad that we avoided relegation and came to Semifinal in FA cup.

(Crystal Palace awards)

Player of the Season - Mile Jedinak
Jedinak had a very good season for me. Reliable player both offensive and defensive. Even though I'm dissapointed with my midfield Jedinak was a true captain and played very good most of matches.

Youth player of the Season - Neilton
Tremendous talent! He made 24 appearances(not sure how many he played from the start) and netted 14 times.

Golden Boot - Neilton
With 14 goals he was the top scorer of Crystal Palace season 12/13
Chamakh was slightly behind with 9 goals on 33 appearances.

Final Table

View attachment 472977

January transfers

Kalidou Koulibaly - Genk
He was my best CD and with his arrival my defense was slightly stronger.

Vladimir Weiss - Olympiakos
I needed a winger, went for him. He didnt do any big impact, but was decent, Im sure he will be better next season.

View attachment 472970

Lucas Romero - Velez
Had a poor really poor start, with alot of sloppy passes. But after having a conversation with him, he played very reliable.

View attachment 472967

Everton offeres me manager job which i turned down.

View attachment 472969

Hattrick of the season Jason Puncheon

View attachment 472966

SEASON 2

Transfers

David Marshall -
Needed a good GK, with Cardiff relegating had a great chance to sign him.

View attachment 472780

Aron Gunnarsson -
So far so good, really nice pre-season, scored a couple of goals.

View attachment 472778

Adam Johnsson - The winger that I needed so much turned out to be Adam Johnsson, havnt played him yet since I got him at deadline day.

View attachment 472777

Preseason

Great preseason with 18 goals scored and 2 conceded, 4 wins 1 draw.

View attachment 472779

Buying rather weirdly (Romero is a godhead tho) but an interesting story.