The Greatest Moments in Football

Niall

H&RB
Reaction score
We have the saddest moments thread, so I thought lets have a happy moments thread as well, we are discussing the beautiful game so post anything which has happened in football which you think was really great (besides your team winning the league etc.)

Apologies if it's a duplicate thread, I did search.

Greatest for me;

Jimmy Glass, the Carlisle Utd goalkeeper scoring in the last minute of extra time to stop Carlise being relegated to the conference, incredible.

YouTube - Jimmy Glass: Carlisle United Legend

and South Korea's run to the semi finals of the 2002 World Cup was insane (Even if helped by some dodgy refereeing. I honestly don't think I have ever seen happier players and fans, great stuff to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfgB4dldoE

I can't really think of any spectacular moments other than ones that relate to my club.

I guess England winning the World Cup way back in '66 is the only one I can think of at the moment.

GAIS 1-0 victory against IFK gothenbourg. will never forget that day.

The whole Abramovic era has been great and we are so fortunate to be in the position we find ourself in today.

Last edited:
I can't really think of any spectacular moments other than ones that relate to my club.

I guess England winning the World Cup way back in '66 is the only one I can think of at the moment.

This mate ? :D

Beside United...
Newcastle - Partizan back in 2003 ^^ ... First time after looong loooong ago we were in ECL :D ... Till this moment, last time we were in ECL we reached final |) Ps... I fu'king hate Alan Shearer, and I loved his first shot... Beckam style XD

Reminder :)

The whole Abramovic era has been great and we are so fortunate to be in the position we find ourself in today.

tbh I wouldn't say that is a great moment for football in general as it has forced other clubs to spend needlessly to compete.

Portsmouth run in the FA cup last year was a great moment in football I would say, and the obvious ones like man utd's comeback in 99 and liverpools comeback in 05

Fulham winning the Intertoto Cup.

3rd rate European competitions ftw.