Boondock

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I was just wondering how to best create the 3-4-3 Guardiola uses for his Barcelona squad? I would like to try building it and maybe publishing it when I'm done with it. Any tips?

Greetz!

Boondock

They Line up with 3 central defenders, One defensive mid (Busquets) Then 3 mids as always, an attacking playmaker inesta, deep lying playmaker Xavi, and then a right midfielder in Dani Alvez. Then Fabregas plays through the middle as the false no.9. Messi is the trequista and has free reign on the right hand side, and then villa on the left hand side.

If you were to make the tactic, make it slow tempo, and short passing, high pressing. Make sure you get the messi role right!

I tried with 3 central defenders
Puyol-Pique-Sakho
An anchorman
Busquets
Two central midfielders
Xavi: DLP(support) and Iniesta:APL(support
Two wingers
Sanchez-Pedro
An attacking midfielder: Fabregas
Trequista
Messi.
So far, I've won against Real twice, but not convincing, I've won against Porto and Villareal. But both not really convincing. I always got good possession and good passing accuracy, but not many clear cut goal opportunities...
I'll try your set-up too...

@maxy
also counter attack must be off
offside trap on
and defensive line very high
and i think 1 CD is stopper and gk is sweeper
its surprising that almost no one is bothering to make a 343 barca sim tactic

Last edited:
Can't be done.

1. Hard to make a MC who acts like Iniesta (playing a sort of AMC/MC role) and if you put him as AM with high closing down and almost full defensive mentality, he still won't drop deep enough or chase the ball back consistently.

2. The back line is impossible to replicate with the current match engine. Playing 3 CBs will always be extremely narrow regardless of your width instructions. Barca's 3-4-3 has the the two outside CBs act like sidebacks with the defensive mid dropping to fill any holes. This fluidity cannot be matched in game.

I am working on a formation that resembles Barca's formation but it isn't perfect. Basically, the best way I found was to push one of the 2 sidebacks up to side-midfielder (only man on that flank). then have 2 cbs and 1 sideback.

The SMF will stay forward on offense, causing the back 3 to spread out fairly evenly thus resembling barcelona. The SMF will also retreat on defense acting as a sideback.

I've got real problems creating a 'fake'-number 9 with Cesc, I'm currently using 2 trequistas. With Messi as a Trequista as forward and Fabregas as trequista on AMCR.
Not sure how I do it otherwise. I can't use Cesc as a forward.
My 3-4-3, as Barca played against Villareal, is working perfectly.

lol
cesc doesnt play fake9 role
he's advanced midfielder type
and to montaro: yeah its very hard to emulate Iniesta.. and can you upload that tactic? id like to see it :D

lol
cesc doesnt play fake9 role

Fabregas has played a few games upfront for Barcelona but there has been mention of a "False 10" role for Cesc to go along with Messi's "False 9"