Reaction score
West Bromwich Albion FC
wbalogo.png

Club Info

Nation: England
Year Founded: 1878
Chairman Status: Loves the club
Legends: Cyrille Regis, Bob Taylor, Jeff Astle, Tony Brown
Icons: Richard Sneekes, Derek McInnes, Laurie Cunningham, Willie Johnson, Bryan Robson
Favoured Personnel: Osvaldo Ardiles, Graham Williams, Ron Atkinson
Derbies: Black County Derby (vs Wolves)
Fierce Rivals: Wolves
Other Rivals: Aston Villa, Birmingham, Stoke
Finances: Secure
Average Ticket Price: £28.00
Average Season Ticket Price: £526
Estimated Value: £48.5M
Continental Competition: None
Media Prediction: 19th
Captain: Scott Carson
Vice-Captain: Jonas Olsson

Season Expectations
View attachment 182449
Not too much difference between each option, I generally go for the lowest one (play it safe first season) you will start with 1.5M transfer budget but will become higher when you decide to sell some players.

Staff
Some tips I will give about the current squad are that you change Dean Kiely to a player/GK coach and sack Richie Rawlings, Steve Conrad (Physios) and Tim Davies (Scout). Other than that keep the others has they are particular good all rounders.

Bring in Tosh Farrell (Attack) Bobby Downes (Technique) - Both as Coaches, not youth! Paul Winsper (Fitness) and David Hamilton (Scout). If the board do not allow this much coaches just ask them in the boardroom, if they say no just reply by saying "I cant stress how important it is" and this should do the trick.

First Team Squad
Goalkeepers - Scott Carson, Boaz Myhill
Carson is slightly better, with Myhill being adequate back up for Carson should anything happen.

Right Backs - Gonzalo Jara, Gianni Zuiverloon
Jara's stats is the better of the two, Zuiverloon good back up but not the worlds best. Steven Reid can also fill in at right back if needed.

Centre Backs - Jonas Olsson, Gabriel Tamas, Pablo, Paul Scharner
Olsson is the strongest centre back at the club in my opinion with Pablo a close second. These two should be your starting centre backs with Tamas very good at stepping in whenever need be. Scharner can also play centre back and according to coach reports it is his strongest position but I prefer to play him in midfield.

Left Backs - Nicky Shorey, Marek Cech
Shorey is the better of the pair but Cech not far off. Cech can fit in if Shorey is under performing, injured or suspended.

Centre Midfielders - Steven Reid, Youssuf Mulumbu, Graham Dorrans, Simon ***
DO NOT SELL MULUMBU! He is vital to how the team play, sits in the middle of the park and performs week in week out. Graham Dorrans is also another top midfielder plays best as a centre midfielder (support). Reid, Scharner and *** (re-train to attacking midfielder) all very good back and can play whenever necessary.

Right Wingers - Giles Barnes, James Morrison, Simon Tchoyi
Morrison performs more consistantly but Tchoyi has the better stats and performs decent whenever required, both as equally good as one another. Barnes has good prospect for the future but not the best at the start of the game.

Left Wingers - Chris Brunt, Jerome Thomas
Both good wingers and depending on the opposition either player performs well. Brunt is a better starter in my opinion but Thomas can come off the bench and change a game if need be.

Strikers - Peter Odemwinge, Carlos Vela, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Ishmael Miller, Roman Bednar
Not much difference between Odemwinge and Vela but with both being able to play on the wings I prefer to play someone else up top on their own with these on the wings provided support. Fortune decent back up and scores in patches. Miller and Bednar also decent back up but never seem to score too many goals.

Reserve Squad
Dean Kiely (GK) - Very good coach but well past it as a player.
Luke Daniels (GK) - Out on loan at the start of the season, not the best stats and nowhere near Premier League quality.
James Hurst (RB/LB) - Good young english prospect, could do with first team action to help develop as a player.
Paul Downing (CB) - Same as hurst, needs to be loaned out for a couple of seasons then should be very good back up/pushing for start.
Craig Dawson (CB) - Out on loan to begin with but when he returns he is more than good enough to be a back as he gets better as the game goes on.
Abdoulaye Meite (CB) - Decent looking stats but very poor performing, be patient when attempting to sell as more teams will become interest in late august.
Joe Mattock (LB) - Same as Dawson, will be pushing for a starting place when he returns next season. Out on loan to Sheffield United at the beginning of the season.
Sam Mantom (MC) - Good prospect but needs to be loaned at for 2-3 seasons in order to fulfil this.
Kayleden Brown (LM) - Same as Mantom
Borja Valero (AMC) - Out on loan but is a very good player, can come back next season into first team or be sold to gain a fair bit of money at the end of the season.
Romaine Sawyers (AMC) - Same as Mantom
Chris Wood (ST) - On loan to Brighton, keep an eye on how he performs as he has a lot of potential. If he scores a fair few amount of goals then next season he should be promoted to first to and used whenever necessary. If not loan out again for the whole of next season and see how he performs then.
Lateef Elford-Alliyu (ST) - Same as Mantom
Marcus Haber (ST) - Not good enough for the Premier League and should be sold as soon as possible.

Promote George Thorne to the reserves and send out on loan.
A few other U18's you should keep your eye on are; Saido Berinho, David Goldsmith, Abil Nabi (all ST) and Bradley Garston (LB)

Players Out
Meite - 500k-1M
Zuiverloon - 1.5M-2.5M
Jara - 3.5M-4.5M
Barnes - 2M-2.5M
Miller - 3M-4M
Bednar - 2.5M-3.5M

Players In
Scott Loach - 750k-1.5M
Good 3rd choice with very good potential, send out on loan with recall clause activated just in case anything happens to Carson and Myhill.

Lee Hodson - 1M-1.5M
Great prospect for the future but also good enough to start now. Buy him at the start of the season before any of the big boys come sniffing around.

Christian Erikson - Loan (Small initial fee)
Excellent player and gets better as the season goes on. If Ajax don't accept loan at the start of the season try towards the end of August then you should be successful.

Darren Pratley - 2M-2.5M
Adds a bit more depth to the midfield especially when playing 3 Centre Midfielders. Can step up to the starting line up whenever possible.

Christain Benitez - 1.5M-2M
One of the best bargains on the game. Sign him as quick as possible before other clubs come after him and his price goes up.

Tactic
This tactic is the best to use in my opinion but it is entirely up to you.
http://www.truefootballmanager.com/2011/01/football-manager-2011-tactics.html

Hope all this helps. Please comment if you think anything is missing or just to let me know you opinions :) Thank-You

Last edited:
Benitez is a must! I havent ever used scott loach before. Does he develop into a prem standard keeper?

sorry mate but the OP looks slighty cramped and its hard to read at times, would you mind using different colours for the different sub-sections

First impression of your guide looks good, seems highly detailed :)

Yeah he turns ok to be honest. There are a few better keepers than him though such as jason steele from boro.

Ok cheers for that advice mate I will when I get chance tomorrow on my phone at the moment.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Yeah he turns ok to be honest. There are a few better keepers than him though such as jason steele from boro.

Ok cheers for that advice mate I will when I get chance tomorrow on my phone at the moment.

Good guide other players to look out for would be
Ruben Suarez from Levante £600k
Kevin from Zaragoza £2.2m
Ryan Bennett from Peterborough for £1m(was dissapointed when the board accepted a £3.3m offer in the 2nd season he was a very good CB)
Also IMO Alex Smithes from Huddersfield for £700k is much better than Scott Loach.
BTW you should really get LFC latest update.Bigger budget and bigger expectations but the squad is also up to date.

I will look for that LFC update when I get back. Thanks for there players and yeah smithies is very good too but I just think it takes a lot longer for him to reach his potential than loach but either player is top quality.