The Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Thread

drezzy86

Reaction score
Couldn't find one on here so thought i'd start one

I've loved heavy metal and hard rock all my life.....it's awesome....but a band im really into at the moment is Bullet For My Valentine.
What's the deal with these guys? they're awesome yet some "Metal Heads" slate them for selling out?

And are there any bands out there that you know of that others might not?

If you can, check out a band called ForeverNever and Fatal Smile, especially Fatal Smiles S.O.B

You start a heavy metal thread & impose Bullet for my Valentine upon it? /facepalm.

You start a heavy metal thread & impose Bullet for my Valentine upon it? /facepalm.

Come on man, They're Brilliant.....Why do people hate them so much?

;) plust it's hard rock, ha

Checked out that Alter Bridge, never heard of them before, so downloaded a few tracks, they're really good

Come on man, They're Brilliant.....Why do people hate them so much?

;) plust it's hard rock, ha

Checked out that Alter Bridge, never heard of them before, so downloaded a few tracks, they're really good

Best band of our time. Myles Kennedy is god! Their solo on Blackbird was recently voted best ever by guitarist mag.

Bullet For My Valentine aren't heavy metal, they are more metalcore. Fans of metal slate them for changing their sound going into the Scream, Aim, Fire album. That and there's been talk of them stealing guitar parts from other songs. Personally I like them, have listened to everything they've done.

Loving the Fatal Smile recommendation btw. Never actually heard them before but I'm listening to S.O.B right now and it's pretty **** good.

As for Alter Bridge, they have their moments. Some of their songs [Ties that Bind] are absolutely brilliant, where as some just aren't that good at all.

A Hard Rock/Metal Thread with Bullet in? Ahhhhhhh.

Alter Bridge are decent, but let me enlighten some of you on some awesome bands.

System of a Down, Alexisonfire, The Damned Things, A Day To Remember, Killswitch Engage, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Rise Against, Stone Sour, Slipknot.

If you haven't heard these bands, they are great. Some are more punk, but thats all in a similar barrell.

Since we are on the subject, anyone going to download?

A Hard Rock/Metal Thread with Bullet in? Ahhhhhhh.

Alter Bridge are decent, but let me enlighten some of you on some awesome bands.

System of a Down, Alexisonfire, The Damned Things, A Day To Remember, Killswitch Engage, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Rise Against, Stone Sour, Slipknot.

If you haven't heard these bands, they are great. Some are more punk, but thats all in a similar barrell.

Since we are on the subject, anyone going to download?
The only band I disagree with there is Slipknot. Can't say I've listened to The Damned Things. The rest <3

I'm not going to Download =( Sucks because that's one of the things I need to do.

Bullet aren't heavy metal, they are more metalcore. Fans of metal slate them for changing their sound going into the Scream, Aim, Fire album. That and there's been talk of them stealing guitar parts from other songs. Personally I like them, have listened to everything they've done.

Loving the Fatal Smile recommendation btw. Never actually heard them before but I'm listening to S.O.B right now and it's pretty **** good.

I see where you're coming from, but Every Band changes their sound, they have to. I think Bullet are just singled out. As far as Stealing guitar parts, I think this probably goes on alot more then we think. My Favourite Band, Papa Roach, have been slated for stealing Riffs from Iron Maiden.

Yeah, Fatal Smile supported Lordi when i went to see them a few years ago, and they were awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjH5CJnbRuE

Another band i saw supporting Nightwish was a band called Pain, they're pretty good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME3jgoNNvXk

And finally, if there is any one into their German Rock, then check out Eisbrecher

The only band I disagree with there is Slipknot. Can't say I've listened to The Damned Things. The rest <3

I'm not going to Download =( Sucks because that's one of the things I need to do.

I can agree that Slipknot can be quite an aquried taste, and check The Damned Things out, they have the guitarists from Anthrax, the guitarist and drummer from Fall Out Boy, and the bassist and vocalist from Every Time I Die, and they are mint, very sort of old school metal, its awesome.

And shame dude, its an awesome line up too.

I can agree that Slipknot can be quite an aquried taste, and check The Damned Things out, they have the guitarists from Anthrax, the guitarist and drummer from Fall Out Boy, and the bassist and vocalist from Every Time I Die, and they are mint, very sort of old school metal, its awesome.

And shame dude, its an awesome line up too.
Just checked them out
[listened to We have a situation here.] Possibly one of the most hilarious video's for a song I've seen in a while. XD

Just checked them out [listened to We have a situation here.] Possibly one of the most hilarious video's for a song I've seen in a while. XD

I love that video, especially when he tries to save the woman from the robber, that is just full of win.

And I love the breakdown in that song, it's such a great song, I would also reccommend Graverobber, Handbook For The Recently Deceased and Black Heart.

I love that video, especially when he tries to save the woman from the robber, that is just full of win.

And I love the breakdown in that song, it's such a great song, I would also reccommend Graverobber, Handbook For The Recently Deceased and Black Heart.

Got them all on download as we speak :).....

You'll like the Drezzy, they have that old school feel about them, I love it.

And some of those metal bands you've posted are pretty good

Tell you what mate, they're awesome. Looks like im going to lose alot of funds when i get paid Friday....lol

I've just found a few Mudvayne tracks too......haven't listened to them for ages.....and forgot how cool they are. Listening to their King Of Payne over and over :)

I dont like Bullet for my Valentine as I dont see it as real metal. More the kiddy friendly radio based nonsense that sells big and promoted in such a way. Lack of integrety is what im talking about really.

Give me death/thrash/black/doom metal any day of the week! Heavy and unrelenting.

I dont like Bullet for my Valentine as I dont see it as real metal. More the kiddy friendly radio based nonsense that sells big and promoted in such a way. Lack of integrety is what im talking about really.

Give me death/thrash/black/doom metal any day of the week! Heavy and unrelenting.
Then Heaven Shall Burn is right up your street.