TheHig

Reaction score
If there are any forum dinosaurs like myself left you might remember my older Football Manager Stories WAAAY back in 2009 and 2010.
Well I'm gonna do another, I enjoy making the story as much as playing the game.

My First story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/lowe...thehigs-lower-league-adventure-excellent.html

My Second Story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...es/22221-higs-lower-league-adventure-2-a.html

I will be following the same format as my second story, I like it that way. I'll post once every other month(in game) with an update summary.
The way its done in my second story is not that much reading to do, so hopefully you don't get bored and it does not take up too much of your time.

I will start unemployed with Automatic experience, and take what ever job I can get, active leagues in my game are

England, France, Greece, Italy, Israel, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey, Scotland.

So I had to wait until December before job offers came to me, I was rejected by Maritmo, Leeds, Aston Villa, Toulouse.
I got accepted by Maccabi Haifia, so its off to Israel.

Below is my first report

Last edited:
View attachment 413127 Third report, covering February and early march. Top six split and first view of the team and Analysis of Correia's Tactics by Ex Israeli international Eyal Berkovic.

Last edited:
View attachment 412722Report 4, this includes results up to the final game of the season, a run down on Haifia's past sucesses, showing the real pressure to succeed Correia is under

View attachment 412716View attachment 412715View attachment 412714preparations have begun for season 2014/2015, gutted to have not won the title after coming so close, it was a bit of a roller coaster the last 10 games, one point I was right up there, then I drifted (with some unjust criticism from the board) then one more push and narrowly missed out in the end.
So next season is my first full season in charge, I'm unlikely to make any squad changes apart from selling a few unneeded players.
Haifia had some good players out on loan when I got there, which will feature in my first team next season.
Despite having 5 million to spend its hard to bring players in, I already have 5 non-Israeli nationals so I cant get another foreigner, any Israeli players good enough to make an impact play abroad and demand high wages, way beyond what I can pay.

Last edited:
So the 2014/2015 season is underway. I'm annouyed by the countries league rules of only being allowed 5 Non Israeli nationals, I understand its for the National Teams best interests, but it still hinders my progress, Haifia board have given me 5 Million to spend.
Thats hard to spend on only Israeli players, as most are either not good enough, or play in Germany Italy, France were they are used to higher wages so they demand to much wage from me.
Anyway here is my transfers this summer

View attachment 412574
I sold a few players who wanted to leave to join a bigger club, I guess that will happen a lot for now unless my club statue increases.
I managed to bring in some players that will add value to my team.
Here is the run down of my players brought in.......

Alexandre Afaiaite(18) (Free Transfer) A Portuguese Centre back who looks like he will be a great player, I have loaned him out to Maccabi Herzilya in the First Division, for Match Experience.
My Plan is to loan him out to other Israel clubs for 3 years until he becomes an Israeli national, that way I do not have to waste a foreign player slot on him.

Donervon Daniels (20) (Season Loan) Another young centre back, he is from Montserrat so he will take a Foreign player slot. Its worth it as he's a good player ready for the first 11.

Ofir Davidzaza (23) Transfer 1.3 Million Left back signed from Hapoel Be'er Sheva. He's known for well timed tackles, high stamina and hard working. He can also dribble and throw in a cross when he gets chance to venture forward. An Israeli National so no Forgien Player slot wasted here, hes my big money signing.
No doubt he will fit into my first 11.

Gal Alberman (30) (Season Loan) An Experienced centre midfielder who is hard working, can read the game and break up play. I have brought him in to help with the high volume of fixtures I was looking light in centre midfield.
Another Israeli National.

Adi Elisha (24) (Free Transfer) An all round decent midfielder, another body I got in to help with high volume of fixtures. Another Israeli National.

My squad is stronger than last season, and I'm in charge from start of season now, and not 10+ games in, so I'm confident I can win the title.
So Confident I promised Key Player and vice captain Avihay Yadin we will win the league, if we dont hes off next
season.
My Key players are

View attachment 412556View attachment 412555View attachment 412554View attachment 412553
My first choice team, and home formation tactic is below

View attachment 412550

For now I'll stop doing the website reports, they take while and are tedoius, I want to kick on and play more of the game so I'll post results and screenshots in the forum instead.
Coming up later will be the start of the season.
The Season begins with the group stage of the Israeli Toto League Cup, and the 2nd Qualifying round of the Europa League

View attachment 412523
The season begins then, first competitive match after pre season is the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Europa League, I'll field strong sides for Europa League games, I really want to go as far as I can to improves the clubs stature.
So hopefully I can keep hold of my best players and attract better ones for less wages then they demand now. The wages some players demand from me are ridiculous, an Israeli defender playing for Hapoel Tel Aviv was on a 1k per week contract. He demanded 5k per week no way am I paying that.

Europa League 2nd Qaulifying Round Att 7,791

Pyunik 0 - 4 Maccabi Haifia

Armenian side Pyunik were out classed by my team, I really didnt need to play a full strength team.
I'm not taking any chances though and do not want an upset.
Luke Moore and Winger Micha Laute got 2 goals each.

Europa League 2nd Qaulifying Round Att 25,962
Maccabi Haifia 6 - 0 Pyunik

Similar to the away leg, I still played my best team and destroyed Pyunik. I played my strongest side again as it was the first game in the Sammy Ofer Stadium and there was a record crowd for Haifia, over 25,000 in attendance.

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round Att 13,124
Maccabi Haifia 3- 2 Jagiellonia

The polish side Jagiellonia are much tougher than Pyunik, it was an end to end game which I could have easy lost. I let a 3-0 goal lead go to 3-2 then hung on with 6 in midfield and 4 at the back for the last 25 minutes.
Winger Verded, Ruben Rayos and Luke Moore got me my goals.

Israeli League Toto Cup Group Stage Att 3737
Maccabi Haifia 2 - 0 Kiryat Shmona

A routine win, with mostly fringe players. Vered and Laute with a goal in each half, Kiryat never looked like scoring.
The attendance was terrible, I guess the fans do not care about this competition so I will reflect that in my team selections for it.
The board have also declared this competition unimportant.

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round Att 14,537

Jagiellonia 4-5 Maccabi Haifia

What a crazy crazy game this was, 2-2 at half time and then goals did not stop there, Star midfielder Rayos won the game late on with a calmly taken penalty.

Israeli League Toto Cup Group Stage Att 865

Hapoel Ra'anana 1 - 3 Maccabi Haifia

No one in Israel could care less about this trophy, no fans again despite two big teams facing each other. I played a few fringe players and my under 19s, not one first 11 player took part in this game.
Even Hapoel Ra'anana played a weakened side.
All my focus is on the next round of the Europa League

Europa League Play Off Att 15,921

Sigma Olomouc 1 - 1 Maccabi Haifia

A good result, I think we can finish them at home, I set up for this game using my Pragmatism tactic, Rayos got my goal from the spot after 7 minutes. They Eqaulized just before half time.
Second half I brought Moore off for Alberman to stay tight and preserve the result.
last 20 minutes I played Contain/Very rigid, with instructions set to Drop Deeper, stand off opponents and be more disciplined.

Israel Premier League Att 12,541

Maccabi Haifia 2 - 1 SC Ashdod

A winning start, not a great performance I attacked from the off, but kept missing all my shots. Ashdod had several chances to level as we rode our luck. Especially when Left Back Taleb Tauthka was sent off for a professional foul early in the second half. Ashdod concerted that penalty but could not break me down again.

Europa League Play Off Att 21,998

Maccabi Haifia 1 - 1 Sigma Olomouc (Haifia won 14-13 on penalties)

I tweaked my attacking star tactic to be a little more cautious, I wanted to attack Olomouc but not gung ho it as they are a good side.
Luke Moore got me my goal on 30 minutes, however I conceded immediately after.
An entertaining game with both teams creating chances and playing good football, however we could not separated it went to penalties.
Even the shootout went to a ridiculous 14-13 all scored pens until they finally hit a pen over the bar.
I'm in the Group stage :)

Israeli Premier League Att 9,445

Hapoel Be'er Sheva 3 - 0 Maccabi Haifia

First loss of the campaign, I hope this is not going to happen after every European game. My team were tired and created little. I made a tactical error by trying to play attacking football with a tired team away at one the best teams in the league.
I should have stuck with a Pragmatist approach and played for the point.

Europa League Group Stage
View attachment 412517
A tough Group, Valencia and Montpieller are way better teams than Haifia. However I'll give it everything I've got to progress.

View attachment 412220
Club News - Sintayehu Sallaich Out for 3 months with a torn calf muscle

Israeli Premier League Att 10,411

Maccabi Haifia 2 - 0 Petach-Tikva

Great response to the poor performance at Be'er Sheva, we controlled the match with over 70% possesion and Tikva never manged a single shot on goal.
Turgemon and Loanee Daniels get the goals.

Europa League Group K Att 16,928

Montpellier 0 -0 Maccabi Haifia

What a performance, we got battered for 90 minutes but held on to a vital point. I didnt even filed a striker this game I came for the point, and we held on for dear life as we got outplayed all game.

Israeli League Toto Cup Group Stage Att 1,429

Bnei Sakhnin 2 - 1 Maccabi Haifia

No one cares about this game

Israeli Premer League Att 14,031

Hapoel Tel Aviv 1 -2 Maccabi HaifiaResults like this are what could win the title, an away win against my rivals and title contenders. Ruben Rayos and an Amoda own goal put Haifia 2 -0 up. We conceded on 70 minutes then hung on.

Europa League Group K Att 27,655

Maccabi Haifia 1 -1 Valencia

My proudest moment as Haifia manager, the Sammy Ofer stadium was nearly at capacity. Haifia held there own against one of Europe's biggest teams. Luke Moore was slotted though on goal by Ilie and finished his chance.
the game was genuinely an even contest, Haifia proving they can compete at this level.

Israeli Premier League Att 4541

N.Naytana 1 -3 Maccabi Haifia

A non contest, newly promoted Naytana were no match, they could handle Vered's pace or Moores power. A brace from Rayos and a goal from Turgeman seal a comfortable win.

Israeli Premier League Att 10,443

Maccabi Haifia 1 - 0 Benei Yehuda

Poor performance, we just were not very creative, lucky enough Yehuda were also poor and just couldn't score. Turgeman managed to convert one of many half chances to grab the win.
The win was impressive considering I heavily rotated due to the upcoming Eurpopa League Match Vs Zilina.

Europa League Group K Att 16,585

Maccabi Haifia 3 - 0 Zilina

Were the better team, so I played a full strength side to ensure there was no upset. A confined performance with Luke Moore grabbing another European Goal.
So far Haifia are top of Group K

View attachment 412201

I'll be taking a break from Football Manager for a few days, got a whole lotta work to do, So I cant play football manager for now because for the next few days I cant be doing 6 + hours football manager sessions, otherwise I'll be fired lol.
I'm gonna play "Thief" for a while its less addicting.

Anyone played the new "Thief" I think its amazing so far, and possibly the best looking game I've ever played.