Reaction score
I have been pretty terrible on FM09 so far, only having success with so called bigger clubs. All my attempts with non-League sides normally end after three seasons through either boredom at lack of progress or getting into serious money troubles thus giving up!

That was until i started a game managing Hinckley United.
I devised my own tactics, a simple 442 system with three variations, Defend, Conservative or attack.

I got rid of the highest earners who i didnt have to pay off, and plucked six players from the infamous Reunion region!

I managed to get WBA to be my parent club, and they sent me a star midfielder on loan called David Worrall.

By Nov i was top of league and flying, scoring goals for fun.
I had a fantastic run in the FA Cup managing to get to the 3rd round.
View attachment 4321

I ended the season winning the League by 10 points from Gateshead, when i was expected to just finish mid table.
View attachment 4322

So now to life in the BSP, my board have told me fight bitterly against relegation. With my success in the FA cup last year i had a bit of cash which along with letting fringe players leave, allowed me to sign some cracking freebies, plus 2 more from the Reunion region
View attachment 4324

I have got off to an amazing start, beating Oxford and Cambridge, plus a freak 6-0 away win at Altrincham.
View attachment 4325

Thats my story so far, i sit proudly at the top of the BSP, i have used no cheats during this game, no restarting after a loss, no reading forums for tips, all my own tactics and decisions.
Long may it continue:D

Last edited:
Congrats. However isn't using reunion reading forum for tips? Also bagging reunion players is unrealistic, so I personally count it as cheating.

Congrats. However isn't using reunion reading forum for tips? Also bagging reunion players is unrealistic, so I personally count it as cheating.

Yes i thought that last night, in RL there is no such thing as the Reunion region, so really it is cheating.
Its bugging me now so will have to start a new game and see if i can do it minus Reunion:':)'(

My Bath team is devoid of reunion players and easily won first season in BSS and at the rate we're going will win BSP too. It's possible, you just have to be selective in your players.