The How to Sell My Player Thread: Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 17K

Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day to you all,

For weeks now I have been getting "how do you sell your players for so much?" "How do you get players like Hulk for £22m in the first season?" etc etc etc...

Below is the simple steps I follow in order to sell my players, I don't know why I can get good prices for players when some cannot, I must just be lucky or those people are doing it wrong....

The How to Sell My Player Thread: Raikan007

I highly recommend that you always load up several nations, not just England, France etc! If you load up several, I advise that you always load up Russia as playable, especially if you are managing in Italy, France, Germany, England or Spain!

I have noticed that I get most of the good prices from clubs like Zenit, Anzhi, Rubin or CSKA!

Steps to follow:

1) On the first day of the season, go into team policy and put asking price to 200%

2) Offer out all the players you don't need or want! Remember though, not all clubs will want your rejects! Keep on offering them out, someone will come in with an offer!

(if you cannot sell a player, play the player in games, hopefully he will perform, then this will make him more marketable to sell, no one wants to buy some player who rots away in reserves for twice his value or even at his current value)

3) If clubs don't offer, lower the price gradually, 500k a time (depending on the players value) also try and offer £0 upfront and the full amount over 48 months, this works for me! I offered the same player both ways and I got offers from doing the 48 month option
!

4) If clubs are interested but don't offer cash, try and exchange for players you want from their team! I have gotten deals like Mame Biram Diouf for Cesar Azipilicueta before, to name just one! Offer a little cash as well, £1m normally does the trick (if initial bid rejected) you have to keep in mind that you cannot swap Bendtner for Rooney!

5) Look for players release clauses! Especially a few years in, some players get ridiculous new contracts, I have seen Fellaini for £7m and Ter Stegan for £4m.

6) Be a good manager, make the club money, don't overspend, don't buy for the sake of buying and don't sell for the sake of selling! look on the transfer list for bargains, look on the 31st December each year for players about to become available for free, sign them up and a year later you can sell them for a huge profit!

That is all I can think of right now, if I have anymore info I will update it!

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Oh great... Now Raikan's invading my forum. ): Hehe.

Good guide, dude. I personally find that once you're three years in you don't need to spend big money.. There's so many quality regens and so much talent on the transfer list that spending £50m on someone is just silly [unless it's Bale or Hazard].

Do you have any idea on how to get rid of the players you offer out for £0 and still cant get rid of. I have this problem a lot but suffering especially with Joe Cole for Liverpool. He's on £90k p/w and doesn't get anywhere near the first team.

Do you have any idea on how to get rid of the players you offer out for £0 and still cant get rid of. I have this problem a lot but suffering especially with Joe Cole for Liverpool. He's on £90k p/w and doesn't get anywhere near the first team.

Try offering him out for loan.. I would imagine a club would come in to loan Cole.

You could also have him as a squad player until the next transfer window and try again..

Last resort: Mutual termination. The more times you offer mutual termination the more unhappy he becomes = more likely to accept or maybe more likely for other clubs to offer for him due to unhappiness.

Try offering him out for loan.. I would imagine a club would come in to loan Cole.

You could also have him as a squad player until the next transfer window and try again..

Last resort: Mutual termination. The more times you offer mutual termination the more unhappy he becomes = more likely to accept or maybe more likely for other clubs to offer for him due to unhappiness.

I was wondering whether to go for mutual termination or not. I just always thought it could potentially upset the rest of the squad and didn't want to risk it.

not much besides trying to loan him out (even if the club can pay 20% of his wages) until his contract expires :)

otherwise refer to point #2 (text in red)

Just managed to get rid of Cole myself,after the first season.
Just offer him out cheaply,but you will probably have to pay some of his wages until his original contract runs out.

I was wondering whether to go for mutual termination or not. I just always thought it could potentially upset the rest of the squad and didn't want to risk it.

I offer mutual terminations all the time.. But I've never had any other players lose moral or become upset over me offering someone a mutual termination. The player himself will be pretty ******, though.

some clubs won't allow you to terminate, it ends up costing a fortune! Also, it does affect the squad, I have had it before on earlier Fm's, have not attempted to do it this year though!

maybe change squad status before termination, might make it easier :)

some clubs won't allow you to terminate, it ends up costing a fortune! Also, it does affect the squad, I have had it before on earlier Fm's, have not attempted to do it this year though!

maybe change squad status before termination, might make it easier :)

Mutual termination is fine. The player negotiates a fee that you have to pay him [sometimes they say they will go for free] and then you have the decision whether to let them go or not. Just completely terminating a players contract would be stupid..

Yes! Offering out a player with a fee over 48 months is awesome! It works on all the players that no one would bid for before. Thanks Raikan! :D

I have a major issue with Adam Johnson (backup), the dude doesn't want to leave the club, nobody has shown interest because of his wage demands. He keeps badgering for a new 100,000 p/w contract with "First Team" role even with players like Mata, Reus and Schurrle ahead of him in the pecking order, and I can't keep delaying him for long with "Prove your performances on the pitch." Obviously I'd like to keep him as a backup or rotation if possible, but he doesn't accept any non-lucrative contracts. How should I dispose of him (contract lasts ~18 more months), or get him to stop asking for the contract?

When he asks, reject. He will want to speak to you probably, try to **** him off, then say you'll transfer him next possibility.

That would make him useless until sold tho i guess.

Hi can someone please tell me where "Mutual Termination" is? Have just started this game a few weeks ago, so still learning the ropes... thanks!

Can I add that loading up MLS is really good for flogging established dead wood as they'll come flocking in to try and capture them on a designated contract because it is the only way they can attract a half decent DP player. MLS is also very useful for flogging players in the last six months of there contract as when they reach that stage they are the only sides that will pay a transfer fee as they can't use the bosman ruling.
I haven't proved this but loading the Chinese Super League up might help as some of the clubs there have serious money.

Hi can someone please tell me where "Mutual Termination" is? Have just started this game a few weeks ago, so still learning the ropes... thanks!

right click on the player: transfers & contracts/mutual termination right at the bottom :)

This seems like the right thread for this. I do not have much experience with the European Football leagues and am not sure how you all handle this. My question is, when is the best time to sell an elite player who has definitely outgrown your team but you don't want to lose him for nothing? The year before the final year of his contract? At mid point of his final year?

I am so scared that I am about to lose what will easily be the most lucrative player I have ever had for a free. I am almost to the midpoint of his final year on his contract. I have one more open window at mid season that I can try but will it even work?

Back